BEST OF

RATE:

User Reviews

Apr 23, 2015
SherlockMHolmes
dude how are Earl's features always fire
Nov 15, 2016*
This is among my favourite R&B albums of all time, a fantastic body of work right here imo. Kinda sucks how we finally find a great songwriter in mainstream music, and then he goes and ditches us.

EDIT: never mind he back
Jan 1, 2016
FinalLifeline
Frank has been in hiding since the tail end of Channel Orange's runaway success, and it's easy to see why. It's a big album to follow up, and there are high expectations. Channel Orange is an excellent record, decidedly one of the best R&B albums in a long while, if not the best. Frank has one of the current era's most distinctive songwriting voices, and that talent is what makes the album so good. There is hardly a track here that isn't great (apart from "Monks", which has always ... read more
Sep 20, 2013
SeenYourVideo
Channel Orange is engrossing with original and demanding flavor from the superb and talented new kid on the block, Frank Ocean. 2012's best? Without a doubt.
Aug 19, 2016
jpaps96
i get the hype now wow
May 17, 2016
MoistNarwhal
Ocean always sounds fresh on this record, appealing to our humanity and creating great romantic classics.
An ambitious album, executed brilliantly no matter the mood.
Oct 7, 2015
Jx
pyramids is a masterpiece within a masterpiece
Aug 24, 2014
austincrane235
Best Track: Thinkin Bout You, Super Rich Kids, Pilot Jones, Crack Rock, Pyramids, Lost, Bad Religion, or Forrest Gump
Worst Track: Monks
Most Overrated Track: Sweet Life
Most Underrated Track: Sierra Leone

Thoughtful and detailed, the 26-minute stretch from Super Rich Kids to Lost is one of the greatest moments in all of contemporary R&B
Nov 29, 2016*
Best Tracks: Bad religion, Thinking about you, Forrest Gump, Pyramids, Pink Matter, Lost, Crack Rock

Worst Tracks: Sierra leone, Fertilizer
Nov 28, 2016*
ryansliao
Frank Ocean's voice is not the greatest thing is the world. But when the production gives him room to breathe, he can really give a good performance. And speaking of the production, it's done very well throughout. I can definitely see why everyone thinks this will become a classic, even though it took a few listens.

Best Tracks: Thinkin Bout You, Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, Lost, Bad Religion, Forrest Gump

Worst Tracks: Pilot Jones, Crack Rock
Nov 18, 2016
Magnum Opus

This is an amazing, personal, emotional, and wholly satisfying album. Frank Ocean absolutely killed this album and I don't think he'll top this album for a while.
Nov 6, 2016
• Pyramids
• Lost
Oct 9, 2016
frienderman
Acts as a commentary on contemporary life, yet does so in a way that is not only original but beautifully crafted.
Sep 4, 2016*
theRoids
Simply the best R&B album of this generation, and in the conversation for THE best album of this generation. Simply beautiful from front to back.

Best Songs: All of them except...

Worst Songs: Not Just Money, End
Aug 25, 2016*
Diosglosia
Es inevitable, al hablar de Frank Ocean, hablar de uno de las caras más visibles del R&B internacional. Entrábamos ya en 2013, incluso en 2014, cuando decidí darle una oportunidad al rap, y poco después llegó a mis manos esto. Channel ORANGE. Un disco que en poco tiempo, tanto a nivel objetivo como sentimental, se convirtió en uno de mis discos favoritos. Si bien sigo adorándolo tanto como el primer día, la experiencia y las escuchas ... read more
Aug 23, 2016
GratedStraws
Frank's Purple Rain. I don't need to say anymore.
Aug 21, 2016
14. Bad Religion 0.93
15. Pink Matter (feat. André 3000) 0.76
16. Forrest Gump 0.98
17. End 0.74

Favorite songs: Thinkin Bout You, Fertilizer, Super Rich Kids, Sweet Life, Pyramids, Lost, Bad Religion
Jul 28, 2016
almost overwhelmingly easy listening. lush but uneventful
May 16, 2016
noonoo97
A lot of my friends love this album but to be honest I think its overrated. Maybe its because I cant relate the lyrics or maybe its because normally I cant stand R&B. His voice is obviously very good but quite poppy and timberlake like at times. The beats are simple and standard and nothing risky about this album at all. I can see why the iTunes warrior would think this is the best thing ever but in reality its overrated. But the album is an easy listen and quite pleasant on the ears and ... read more
May 15, 2016
honestly i can't even judge this objectively that falsetto is godly
May 9, 2016
chuyin49
Frank Ocean is definitely one of the best singers/songwriters of our generation. I'm not a Huge fan of r&b so I couldn't really appreciate the album as much as people praise it to be. After a couple listens though, I ended up enjoying the album more than I thought I would.

Fav songs: Thinking About You, Pyramids, Lost
Apr 29, 2016
uzimandias
I miss this man, #findfrank

This album is really good, like really good.
Feb 29, 2016
Ocean manages to create a beautiful debut album which showcases his vulnerability and crisp vocals. Channel Orange is wonderfully written and its relaxing vibe makes it thoroughly enjoyable to listen to. Hopefully Frank will soon release his sophomore album, and if it is a fraction as good as this project, it will be one of the albums of the year
Feb 19, 2016
GRCamden
Really impressive vocal performance from Frank Ocean here, and for the most part is superbly written and produced as well, I just felt a few tracks had the tendency to meander a little bit (Pyramids, Forrest Gump, Pilot Jones) but overall, it's a great piece of work, can't wait for his forthcoming follow up album.

Frank Ocean - Blonde

Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You

Thinkin Bout You

Frank Ocean - Novacane

Novacane

Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra.

Nostalgia, Ultra.

Hangout Festival reveals 2017 lineup
Hangout Festival reveals 2017 lineup
Frank Ocean Announces First Shows in Three Years
Frank Ocean Announces First Shows in Three Years
Premature Evaluation: Frank Ocean 'Blonde'
Premature Evaluation: Frank Ocean 'Blonde'
Frank Ocean Drops New Album 'Blonde'
Frank Ocean Drops New Album 'Blonde'
Watch the video for Frank Ocean's new track 'Nikes'
Watch the video for Frank Ocean's new track 'Nikes'
Frank Ocean’s New Visual Album "Endless" Features Jonny Greenwood, James Blake, Jazmine Sullivan, Arca, Sampha, and more

USERS WHO LIKE Channel Orange ALSO LIKE