Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

RATE:
Add to Spin List

USER RATINGS

FinalLifeline
Some of my less adventurous friends spurned Channel Orange when I showed it to them. After many conversations about it, it came down to this: "It's too forward-thinking, too immersive, too honest, too non-stereotypical." Yet that's what I love it for. I think Frank Ocean scares them. Such a talent is terrifying to anyone with an aversion to anything that could get them to think or feel rather than blindly listen. Maybe Frank and I will never win them over, but I'll keep ... read more
SherlockMHolmes
dude how are Earl's features always fire
SiberianBreaks
Really love the production in this album. This genre of music is new to me so I was entertained throughout this whole album. The second half definitely where this album shines.

Favourite tracks: Pyramids, Bad Religion, Super Rich Kids, Thinkin About You, Lost, Forrest Gump, Sweet Life, Pink Matter
SeenYourVideo
Channel Orange is engrossing with original and demanding flavor from the superb and talented new kid on the block, Frank Ocean. 2012's best? Without a doubt.
uralberk
This album makes me looking for more of neo-soul/R&B stuff. I couldn't find any albums
satisfiying as this, stick up with it.
SirBarxAL0T
Good album indeed. It has a freshness and originality to it for R&B. Some of the instrumentals are just heavenly. Though the emotions of Frank are not hard hitting to me, it still serves as an adventurous album that you are certain to get reactions out of in the first listen. The production is great, and sets up a great environment. A real stand out.
Favorite Tracks: Thinkin Bout You, Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, White, Pink Matter
dyelir
Dare this be dubbed "metropolitan r&b"? Frank Ocean even lyrically embraces the concept on "Super Rich Kids" and "Sweet Life". Although the album itself ends up unravelling itself the latter half to be some twisted, raunchy love story, which is what we ultimately expect from any R&B record. Frank, however, takes every drug-filled, sexually implied lyric and applies it to R&B music at its most modern, zen-like state.
Ideekay
FAVS: Thinking Bout You, Lost, Monks
RichGod
Frank's debut studio album was debatably (I happened to love Kaleidoscope Dream by Miguel a little more) the best R&B album of the year, and THE best ALBUM of the year as well. It will forever be a model album for other up and coming artists to listen to and take notes. 2012 was a big year for music in my opinion, and this album is the perfect example of why. Franks amazing voice combined with amazing beats make the perfect combination and every song on this album is just gold.

Favorite ... read more
the fundamental album of generation y.
jasonwallace199
I never understood the hype to this album. Yea, its good, but is it amazing?

Fav Tracks: Thinkin About You,Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, Lost, Bad Religion, Forrest Gump, Golden Girl

Least Fav: Crack Rock
EMR
A fantastic album. Ocean's voice sounds perfect and fits even better with the atmosphere built along the 17 tracks in channel Orange. The audio quality is near perfection and the production is top-notch. The lyrics are great too, and Frank manages to keep the listener drifting along from the first second of the intro. Overall, a great RnB album that will stand tall for a long time, as well as keep the fans craving for more.
friendlybison
An interestingly written and greatly produced R&B record with absorbing and complex instrumentals guided by Ocean's fantastic vocal presentation. It doesn't do that much for me or it's genre, but I still had a good time with it.
Tom Simmons
Fav Tracks: Pyramids, Sweet Life, Thinkin Bout You, Forrest Gump, Super Rich Kids, Sierra Leone, Pilot Jones, Lost
austincrane235
Best Track: Thinkin Bout You, Super Rich Kids, Pilot Jones, Crack Rock, Pyramids, Lost, Bad Religion, or Forrest Gump
Worst Track: Monks
Most Overrated Track: Sweet Life
Most Underrated Track: Sierra Leone

Thoughtful and detailed, the 26-minute stretch from Super Rich Kids to Lost is one of the greatest moments in all of contemporary R&B
rapmartin12
Stand-Out Tracks:
- Thinkin Bout You
- Pyramids
- Bad Religion
Ntando
Best Track: Thinkin' Bout You & Bad Religion & Pink Matter & ''...Most''
Worse Track: White
Should U Get It?: Heaven Yes
Benjamin Bush
Great stuff, brilliant lyrics from Frank, along with some deliciously smooth singing.
Creator R-Zita
This album is a travel between the earth of R'n'B and VOcals and the moon of adventurous music and genious lyrics!
AMAZING ALBUM. one of the best (if not the best) i ever Hear.
DefSky
" The best song wasn't the single, but you couldn't turn your radio down
Satellite need a receiver, can't seem to turn the signal fully off " Frank Ocean
no matter what the genre - great music is great music, a mixture of excellent songs and brilliant songs, the singing is exquisite in places, each song is superbly produced, sumptuous grooves throughout
In this case, the critics got it (mostly) right.
I’ve never heard RnB/Soul song that lasts almost 10 minutes long (Pyramids 09:54). I’ve never heard words like “Allahu Akbar” sang by an RnB singer. The song is called Bad Religion. It’s not about religion at all. It’s unrequited love song. Gay love song. Forbidden one. This song also has multi-interpreted lyrics. It can be provocative, lost, fucked up yet dreary at the same time. This dude is a genius in combining words into lyrics in one song: “taxi ... read more
Great album, looking forward to hearing more from Frank Ocean this is only the beginning
Another Odd Future member continues the group's evolution from horrifyingly bad rap music to what sounds like top 40 radio garbage.
a spectacle.An important record in the r&b industry.
Next >

Frank Ocean - Pyramids

Pyramids

Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra.

Nostalgia, Ultra.

Frank Ocean announces new record
Frank Ocean covers The Isley Brothers' 'At Your Best (You Are Love)'
Frank Ocean Shares Hint of New Song - "Memrise"
Frank Ocean’s new album rumoured for July