Frank Ocean - Channel Orange

RATE:

User Reviews

Apr 23, 2015
SherlockMHolmes
dude how are Earl's features always fire
Jan 1, 2016
FinalLifeline
Frank has been in hiding since the tail end of Channel Orange's runaway success, and it's easy to see why. It's a big album to follow up, and there are high expectations. Channel Orange is an excellent record, decidedly one of the best R&B albums in a long while, if not the best. Frank has one of the current era's most distinctive songwriting voices, and that talent is what makes the album so good. There is hardly a track here that isn't great (apart from "Monks", which has always ... read more
Sep 20, 2013
SeenYourVideo
Channel Orange is engrossing with original and demanding flavor from the superb and talented new kid on the block, Frank Ocean. 2012's best? Without a doubt.
May 17, 2016
MoistNarwhal
Ocean always sounds fresh on this record, appealing to our humanity and creating great romantic classics.
An ambitious album, executed brilliantly no matter the mood.
May 16, 2016
uralberk
-2012 AOTY #1-

A startpoint for growing hate, obsessive behaviour and criminal tendencies.

Playstation opens, Frank's love jam connects to the fertilizer pun, sad richness themes, drugs, cuts the half with 9 minutes epic, takes the guitar, discharges the vocals, closes the album.

And you will be like, which cave this guy hides in?
Jun 27, 2016
pyramids is the best song released since 2010.
May 16, 2016
noonoo97
A lot of my friends love this album but to be honest I think its overrated. Maybe its because I cant relate the lyrics or maybe its because normally I cant stand R&B. His voice is obviously very good but quite poppy and timberlake like at times. The beats are simple and standard and nothing risky about this album at all. I can see why the iTunes warrior would think this is the best thing ever but in reality its overrated. But the album is an easy listen and quite pleasant on the ears and ... read more
May 15, 2016
honestly i can't even judge this objectively that falsetto is godly
May 9, 2016
chuyin49
Frank Ocean is definitely one of the best singers/songwriters of our generation. I'm not a Huge fan of r&b so I couldn't really appreciate the album as much as people praise it to be. After a couple listens though, I ended up enjoying the album more than I thought I would.

Fav songs: Thinking About You, Pyramids, Lost
Apr 29, 2016
uzimandias
I miss this man, #findfrank

This album is really good, like really good.
Feb 29, 2016
Ocean manages to create a beautiful debut album which showcases his vulnerability and crisp vocals. Channel Orange is wonderfully written and its relaxing vibe makes it thoroughly enjoyable to listen to. Hopefully Frank will soon release his sophomore album, and if it is a fraction as good as this project, it will be one of the albums of the year
Feb 23, 2016
someone find the cave this niggas been hiding in for 3 years bruh because this album is some seriously dope shit and we need more
Feb 19, 2016
GRCamden
Really impressive vocal performance from Frank Ocean here, and for the most part is superbly written and produced as well, I just felt a few tracks had the tendency to meander a little bit (Pyramids, Forrest Gump, Pilot Jones) but overall, it's a great piece of work, can't wait for his forthcoming follow up album.
Jan 23, 2016
Still sounding, very, very good!
Dec 18, 2015
SiberianBreaks
Frank Ocean's debut album really had nearly all of the qualities of a classic. The features on here are spectacular, the psychedelic production is textured and oozes sex, and Frank as a vocalist is near-perfect. The way the songs are arranged on here are strange though. There are too many mediocre interludes overall and they mostly dominate the first half. Because of this, the flow is so all over the place. Frank's got a classic-worthy sound on here, but there's still a whole lot of trimming ... read more
Oct 24, 2015
as far as r&b goes, this is a gem. ocean has an amazing voice, deep but can be high at times. he has a perfect balance of pop and hip-hop in his production. and his songwriting skills are near unmatched, making him some kind of lyrical wunderkind. this LP is incredible, and i see now why people are pissed that his next album hasn't dropped yet.
fav tracks: sweet life, super rich kids, pyramids, pink matter
Oct 7, 2015
Jx
pyramids is a masterpiece within a masterpiece
Sep 20, 2015
hemyge
Fav tracks: Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, Bad Religion, Pink Matter
Jun 14, 2015
SirBarxAL0T
Good album indeed. It has a freshness and originality to it for R&B. Some of the instrumentals are just heavenly. Though the emotions of Frank are not hard hitting to me, it still serves as an adventurous album that you are certain to get reactions out of in the first listen. The production is great, and sets up a great environment. A real stand out.
Favorite Tracks: Thinkin Bout You, Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, White, Pink Matter
May 28, 2015
dyelir
Dare this be dubbed "metropolitan r&b"? Frank Ocean even lyrically embraces the concept on "Super Rich Kids" and "Sweet Life". Although the album itself ends up unravelling itself the latter half to be some twisted, raunchy love story, which is what we ultimately expect from any R&B record. Frank, however, takes every drug-filled, sexually implied lyric and applies it to R&B music at its most modern, zen-like state.
May 7, 2015
Ideekay
FAVS: Thinking Bout You, Lost, Monks
May 4, 2015
RichGod
Frank's debut studio album was debatably (I happened to love Kaleidoscope Dream by Miguel a little more) the best R&B album of the year, and THE best ALBUM of the year as well. It will forever be a model album for other up and coming artists to listen to and take notes. 2012 was a big year for music in my opinion, and this album is the perfect example of why. Franks amazing voice combined with amazing beats make the perfect combination and every song on this album is just gold.

Favorite ... read more
Mar 23, 2015
Z.Younk
the fundamental album of generation y.
Jan 20, 2015
jasonwallace199
I never understood the hype to this album. Yea, its good, but is it amazing?

Fav Tracks: Thinkin About You,Sweet Life, Super Rich Kids, Pyramids, Lost, Bad Religion, Forrest Gump, Golden Girl

Least Fav: Crack Rock

Frank Ocean - Pyramids

Pyramids

Frank Ocean - Nostalgia, Ultra.

Nostalgia, Ultra.

Frank Ocean Held an Album Listening Party in New York Last Night
Frank Ocean Held an Album Listening Party in New York Last Night
Frank Ocean announces new record
Frank Ocean announces new record
Frank Ocean covers The Isley Brothers' 'At Your Best (You Are Love)'
Frank Ocean covers The Isley Brothers' 'At Your Best (You Are Love)'
Frank Ocean Shares Hint of New Song - "Memrise"
Frank Ocean Shares Hint of New Song - "Memrise"
Frank Ocean’s new album rumoured for July