Tame Impala - Lonerism

Add to Spin List

USER RATINGS

Nov 11, 2015
JustinSlick
Too good, seriously. It's pretty much a perfectly put together album--every melody, rhythm, breakdown, and vocal feels like it's exactly where it should be, and even if Lonerism doesn't necessarily have a song that will go down as one of the decade's best, as an album I think it will rest solidly in the top 5. This definitely belongs in the Pantheon.
Nov 22, 2015
Everything about this album is good. It touches perfection most of the time, and Kevin Parker deserves all this attention.
Oct 11, 2015
kidhead
Ácido y muy psicodélico, es fantástico. Kevin Parker re-descubre el rock, lo transforma, lo moldea y se lo folla como quiere.
Sep 10, 2015
This century's greatest psych rock album. It's a pity that back in the Beatle's era from '64 to '70, the fab four were undeniably the "best" and the "most popular" compared to 50 years later where you have a band that is undeniably the "best" and... "disgustingly underrated". A masterstroke, drowned under the pathetic autotune, twerking era of mainstream music. Let's hope time plays nice for this album and becomes essential listening in the next 50 years.
Jul 14, 2015
EMR
Much better orchestrated, produced and filled with more lush and colourful instrumentation than their debut, Lonerism will probably remain as Tame Impala's masterpiece, where Kevin Parker's best production met his best, solid songwriting moments with incredible textures and sounds. Why Won't They Talk to Me and Feels Like We Only Go Backwards are just two examples of the catchy and coloured tunes Tame Impala displays in this record, with bright guitars, funky bass and an overall ... read more
Jul 6, 2015
SiberianBreaks
It's amazing to see the major step up in quality from their debut, Innerspeaker. Lonerism manages to convey a very enticing theme with the lyrics involved. The instrumentation is as colourful as ever with the beautiful "whooshing" synths and fuzzed out guitar. The bass lines are also pretty addictive. Overall, it's a sonically pleasing album with just some really solid crafted pop songs.

Favourite tracks: Apocalypse Dreams, Keep on Lying, Nothing That Happened So Far Has Been ... read more
Mar 24, 2015
friendlybison
Its foundation and instrumental diversity is the perfect recipe for a modern psychedelic masterpiece, but its execution is scattered with missed potential and its delivery feels choppy and awkwardly unsatisfying.
Feb 12, 2015
Gupla
Esto es Nueva Psicodelia, no algo que parece "viejo".
Jan 20, 2015
JediMark
Picks: Apocalypse Dreams / Why Won't They Talk to Me.
Nov 20, 2014
Tom Simmons
Fav Tracks: Nothing That Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control, Why Won't They Talk To Me?, Feels Like We Only Go Backwards, Elephant, Mind Mischief, Endors Toi, Apocalypse Dreams
May 3, 2014
Akare
Top3: 1.Sun's Coming Up 2.Mind Mischief 3.Led Zeppelin (Bonus Track)
Worst3: 1.Feels Like We Only Go Backwards 2.Music to Walk Home By 3.Keep on Lying
Dec 14, 2013
Space Vacation
I can't say I understand why this album is already considered a classic; I thought it was quite overrated--
But still had a few really good tracks, but kinda boring for the most part.
Oct 29, 2013
Benjamin Bush
This is a modern classic, this record set my world on fire. I had no idea a masterpiece could be less than a minute long (She Just Won't Believe Me).
Oct 17, 2013
" It feels like I only go backwards, baby "
Jul 10, 2013
AlienMindSet
Tame Impala simply made something very special with this album. This is the perfect neo-psychedelic rock album. ++ Very good in live performance.
May 4, 2013
mikeisnowonfire
This is how to make a modern day psychedelic rock album. As an album it is wonderfully put together, if only lacking a true masterpiece, hence why I did not give it a perfect score. But that should not stop anyone from hearing what might have been the best album of 2012.
Feb 11, 2013
I'm glad that there is still some cool psychedelic rock out there. The fact that Kevin Parker's voice sounds like John Lennon and in some cases Julian Lennon is great too.
Feb 3, 2013
good guitars, nice harmonies but melodies are pretty weak, not a bad album but very overrated
Nov 26, 2012
It's good. Really good. But for me it doesn't have the "great song after great song" feel. It is great uplifting music, maybe not 100% me though
Nov 19, 2012
Great songs, sung by Lennon's Walrus.
Oct 15, 2012
Epic trip into your earholes.
Next >

Innerspeaker

Tame Impala - Tame Impala EP

Tame Impala EP

Watch: Watch Tame Impala Play 3 Songs On Le Grand Journal
Video: Tame Impala – “The Less I Know The Better”
Watch: Tame Impala - Confide In Me (Kylie Minogue cover)
Soulwax remix Tame Impala's "Let It Happen"
Tame Impala shares video for “Let It Happen”
Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker covers Queens of the Stone Age’s “I Sat By The Ocean” w/ Mark Ronson

USERS WHO LIKE Lonerism ALSO LIKE