Tame Impala - Lonerism

RATE:
Add to Spin List

USER RATINGS

JustinSlick
Too good, seriously. It's pretty much a perfectly put together album--every melody, rhythm, breakdown, and vocal feels like it's exactly where it should be, and even if Lonerism doesn't necessarily have a song that will go down as one of the decade's best, as an album I think it will rest solidly in the top 5. This definitely belongs in the Pantheon.
EMR
Much better orchestrated, produced and filled with more lush and colourful instrumentation than their debut, Lonerism will probably remain as Tame Impala's masterpiece, where Kevin Parker's best production met his best, solid songwriting moments with incredible textures and sounds. Why Won't They Talk to Me and Feels Like We Only Go Backwards are just two examples of the catchy and coloured tunes Tame Impala displays in this record, with bright guitars, funky bass and an overall ... read more
SiberianBreaks
It's amazing to see the major step up in quality from their debut, Innerspeaker. Lonerism manages to convey a very enticing theme with the lyrics involved. The instrumentation is as colourful as ever with the beautiful "whooshing" synths and fuzzed out guitar. The bass lines are also pretty addictive. Overall, it's a sonically pleasing album with just some really solid crafted pop songs.

Favourite tracks: Apocalypse Dreams, Keep on Lying, Nothing That Happened So Far Has Been ... read more
friendlybison
Its foundation and instrumental diversity is the perfect recipe for a modern psychedelic masterpiece, but its execution is scattered with missed potential and its delivery feels choppy and awkwardly unsatisfying.
Gupla
Esto es Nueva Psicodelia, no algo que parece "viejo".
dyelir
For moments on this album you are not on earth. What Tame Impala is able to do here is almost recreate rock, mixing it with the technology of modern day better than anyone in recent memory. This acid trip of a album proves that not all sound has yet been discovered (and mixed, remixed and distorted even more). Even though it has its inconsistencies, Lonerism displays what's it like to be in a full 60's psychedelic state while somehow being full on progressive.
JediMark
Picks: Apocalypse Dreams / Why Won't They Talk to Me.
Tom Simmons
Fav Tracks: Nothing That Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control, Why Won't They Talk To Me?, Feels Like We Only Go Backwards, Elephant, Mind Mischief, Endors Toi, Apocalypse Dreams
Akare
Top3: 1.Sun's Coming Up 2.Mind Mischief 3.Led Zeppelin (Bonus Track)
Worst3: 1.Feels Like We Only Go Backwards 2.Music to Walk Home By 3.Keep on Lying
Space Vacation
I can't say I understand why this album is already considered a classic; I thought it was quite overrated--
But still had a few really good tracks, but kinda boring for the most part.
Benjamin Bush
This is a modern classic, this record set my world on fire. I had no idea a masterpiece could be less than a minute long (She Just Won't Believe Me).
" It feels like I only go backwards, baby "
AlienMindSet
Tame Impala simply made something very special with this album. This is the perfect neo-psychedelic rock album. ++ Very good in live performance.
mikeisnowonfire
This is how to make a modern day psychedelic rock album. As an album it is wonderfully put together, if only lacking a true masterpiece, hence why I did not give it a perfect score. But that should not stop anyone from hearing what might have been the best album of 2012.
I'm glad that there is still some cool psychedelic rock out there. The fact that Kevin Parker's voice sounds like John Lennon and in some cases Julian Lennon is great too.
good guitars, nice harmonies but melodies are pretty weak, not a bad album but very overrated
It's good. Really good. But for me it doesn't have the "great song after great song" feel. It is great uplifting music, maybe not 100% me though
Great songs, sung by Lennon's Walrus.
Epic trip into your earholes.
Next >

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker

Innerspeaker

Tame Impala - Tame Impala EP

Tame Impala EP

Tame Impala shares video for “Let It Happen”
Tame Impala’s Kevin Parker covers Queens of the Stone Age’s “I Sat By The Ocean” w/ Mark Ronson
First Listen: Tame Impala, 'Currents'
Premature Evaluation: Tame Impala "Currents"
The Making of Tame Impala "Currents"
Video: Tame Impala - 'Cause I'm A Man