Tame Impala - Lonerism

What Do You Think?
RATE:
Apr 27, 2017*
miniatureparrot
Lonerism paints an oddly realistic picture of someone who tries to connect with others, but never quite can. Isolation, misunderstanding, and longing serve as central themes. Kevin Parker has created a very dreamy soundscape on this album.

Favorite tracks: Apocalypse Dreams, Keep on Lying, Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control
Jun 9, 2016
My first album review. It’s only right that I review the album that has my favorite songs of my favorite band. Tame Impala’s Lonerism is not a masterpiece. And don’t expect me to throw that word around when reviewing any album. There’s few to none masterpieces out there in my amateur opinion. But what do I know?

This album was a step up from their previous one and I have to give it lots of credit for a few reasons. Lead singer, Kevin Parker, struggled with the ... read more
Feb 5, 2013
JustinSlick
Too good, seriously. It's pretty much a perfectly put together album--every melody, rhythm, breakdown, and vocal feels like it's exactly where it should be, and even if Lonerism doesn't necessarily have a song that will go down as one of the decade's best, as an album I think it will rest solidly in the top 5. This definitely belongs in the Pantheon.
May 24, 2017
Angstyout
One of my favourite albums of all-time. Although many consider this album to be more of a 1960s psychedelic rock album, it really is something more unique than that.

It sounds extremely modern, but uses old techniques, making for a thrilling experience.

Close your eyes, and visualise the colours as this album oozes into your soul.
Apr 23, 2017*
While the album has a great Beetles vibe, it's close to mediocre. It's not amazing, and it's not bad. But, it bores me to tears. All the album can do is just make me feel like I'm only going backwards really.
Feb 25, 2017*
ryansliao
Tame Impala managed to make completely synthetic noises sound completely natural and fulfilling in harmony. There are some insanely catchy melodies in the instrumentation. Kevin Parker's voice could be better but the band was smart by not placing is vocals at the forefront.

Best Tracks: Be Above It, Enders Toi, Apocalypse Dreams, Mind Mischief, Feels Like We Only Go Backwards, Elephant
Worst Track: Music To Walk Home By
Dec 12, 2016
JFulfy
Best drumming album, the use of space and noise is incredible. Their best album.

Fav Tracks; Mind Mischief, Feels Like We Only Go Backwards, Elephant.
Oct 11, 2016
Raincoat
Taking the positives of "Innerspeaker" and improving upon them in practically every way, "Lonerism" is an accomplished record which blends classic psychedelic rock with modern sensibilities to bathe its songs in a gloopy, dreamy haze. A treat for the ears.
Oct 5, 2016
Damn! Like a punch in the stomach every freaking time!
Aug 8, 2016
A blending of cosmic instrumentation and lingering vocals creates a sound structure far larger than anything pysch-rock has ever seen.
Jun 14, 2016
StellaTheDiver
After the relaes of the single "Solitude is bliss", Kevin decides to take things further with the album named Lonerism. He clearly had time for himself when making this LP

Fav: Endors toi, Keep on Lying, Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control
Jun 10, 2016
zaxapitsa
First thing I thought about this album is this is how John Lennon would sound if he was still making albums.
May 25, 2016
There are kids out there that will whine about being from the wrong generation. This is one of those albums I want to wave in their faces and say, "NO you were not."
The sounds of the 60s are alive and well, and tame Impala sounds like the Beatles if they never evolved after a revolver and that is not a bad thing. Most of the songs are catchy and you'll wake up with them stuck in your head even if you have not listened to the album for a while. Keep on Lying, apocalypse dreams, seems ... read more
Apr 10, 2016
this was more of an experience than an album. when i listened to currents some months back, i was not impressed, and stayed away from tame impala because i thought it would be more of the same. but i was so wrong, the group gave an amazing predecessor to their newest album. the blending of traditional rock elements (guitars, drums, bass) with modern synth beats was almost perfected on this LP. the synths in particular are what impressed me the most, because they can be a hit or miss, and ... read more
Mar 29, 2016
MarkCooper
Pretty sweet throwback psychedelic rock. Parker kind of wears his influences on his sleeve, but also throws in some 21st century tricks in there as well. Wish the lyrics were worth paying attention to though...
Mar 20, 2016
KevinPasos
Essential Tracks - Apocalypse Dreams // Mind Mischief // Why Won't They Talk to Me? // Feels Like We Only Go Backwards
Mar 15, 2016
Felindie
Fav Tracks: Elephant , Apocalypse Dreams , Keep on Lying
Feb 19, 2016
Vezu
Apocalypse Dreams is the perfect song of a near perfect record
Nov 22, 2015
Everything about this album is good. It touches perfection most of the time, and Kevin Parker deserves all this attention.
Oct 11, 2015
kidhead
Ácido y muy psicodélico, es fantástico. Kevin Parker re-descubre el rock, lo transforma, lo moldea y se lo folla como quiere.
Sep 3, 2015
This century's greatest psych rock album. It's a pity that back in the Beatle's era from '64 to '70, the fab four were undeniably the "best" and the "most popular" compared to 50 years later where you have a band that is undeniably the "best" and... "disgustingly underrated". A masterstroke, drowned under the pathetic autotune, twerking era of mainstream music. Let's hope time plays nice for this album and becomes essential listening in the next 50 years.
Jul 14, 2015
EMR
Much better orchestrated, produced and filled with more lush and colourful instrumentation than their debut, Lonerism will probably remain as Tame Impala's masterpiece, where Kevin Parker's best production met his best, solid songwriting moments with incredible textures and sounds. Why Won't They Talk to Me and Feels Like We Only Go Backwards are just two examples of the catchy and coloured tunes Tame Impala displays in this record, with bright guitars, funky bass and an overall ... read more
Jan 20, 2015
JediMark
Picks: Apocalypse Dreams / Why Won't They Talk to Me.
Nov 20, 2014
Tom Simmons
Fav Tracks: Nothing That Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control, Why Won't They Talk To Me?, Feels Like We Only Go Backwards, Elephant, Mind Mischief, Endors Toi, Apocalypse Dreams
May 3, 2014
Akare
Top3: 1.Sun's Coming Up 2.Mind Mischief 3.Led Zeppelin (Bonus Track)
Worst3: 1.Feels Like We Only Go Backwards 2.Music to Walk Home By 3.Keep on Lying
Apr 22, 2014
SiberianBreaks
It's amazing to see the major step up in quality from their debut, Innerspeaker. Lonerism manages to convey a very enticing theme with the lyrics involved. The instrumentation is as colourful as ever with the beautiful "whooshing" synths and fuzzed out guitar. The bass lines are also pretty addictive. Overall, it's a sonically pleasing album with just some really solid crafted pop songs.

Favourite tracks: Apocalypse Dreams, Keep on Lying, Nothing That Happened So Far Has Been ... read more
Dec 14, 2013
Space Vacation
I can't say I understand why this album is already considered a classic; I thought it was quite overrated--
But still had a few really good tracks, but kinda boring for the most part.
Oct 29, 2013
Benjamin Bush
This is a modern classic, this record set my world on fire. I had no idea a masterpiece could be less than a minute long (She Just Won't Believe Me).
Oct 19, 2013
" It feels like I only go backwards, baby "
Jul 10, 2013
AlienMindSet
Tame Impala simply made something very special with this album. This is the perfect neo-psychedelic rock album. ++ Very good in live performance.
May 4, 2013
mikeisnowonfire
This is how to make a modern day psychedelic rock album. As an album it is wonderfully put together, if only lacking a true masterpiece, hence why I did not give it a perfect score. But that should not stop anyone from hearing what might have been the best album of 2012.
Feb 11, 2013
I'm glad that there is still some cool psychedelic rock out there. The fact that Kevin Parker's voice sounds like John Lennon and in some cases Julian Lennon is great too.
Feb 3, 2013
cwmDJ
good guitars, nice harmonies but melodies are pretty weak, not a bad album but very overrated
Nov 26, 2012
It's good. Really good. But for me it doesn't have the "great song after great song" feel. It is great uplifting music, maybe not 100% me though
Nov 19, 2012
Great songs, sung by Lennon's Walrus.
Oct 15, 2012
Epic trip into your earholes.

USERS WHO LIKE Lonerism ALSO LIKE