The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It
I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It
Feb 26, 2016
scott96k
The album title makes me throw up a little in my mouth
Feb 27, 2016
boring as fuck
Dec 15, 2016
bitterblossom12
NME proves once again to be the most hilariously out of touch critic of the year by somehow fabricating a world in which this album is better than blonde (and myriad other subpar to great records). Here they are discussing courtship:

Frank:
"I'll be the boyfriend in your wet dreams tonight
Noses on a rail, little virgin wears the white
You cut your hair but you used to live a blonded life
Wish I was there, wish we'd grown up on the same advice
And our time was right"

The 1975: ... read more
Oct 19, 2017
lemuriams
This band is unique on a global scale - 81-> 83 - Best Pop-rock for years.

This band should not be judged by the look of the musicians, only by the music they create.
Sep 21, 2017
Paris 86
Nana 84
She Lays Down 78
Aug 27, 2017
The 1975 are, in a way, a weaker, modern version of Peter Gabriel. Matt's voice at times sounds very much like Gabriel's and especially in the song "Love Me", the band also sounds as if's part of the band.

▲ = The 1975, Love Me
▬ = Please Be Naked, Lostmyhead, The Ballad of Me and My Brain, Somebody Else, The Sound, This must be my dream, Paris
▼ = UGH!, A Change Of Heart, She's American, If I Believe You, Loving Someone, I like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet ... read more
May 31, 2017
I love this album soo much I'm glad they won best British band at the brits they're my favourite band ☺
May 30, 2017
I really believe in this album and this group. I think they have touched on a wavelength that is very much inline with what people of my generation are like - the multiplication of identity, the loneliness of technology, the emptiness behind the excess, and the self-awareness and doubt behind every stumble and triumph. I generally don't like to comment on other's reviews but particularly here I can't help but to notice the dismissive attitude shown by many reviewers here. It might not give them ... read more
Feb 8, 2017
pouls
Basically, what this band does is some formulaic and generic pop rock that has no memorability and personality. And they stick to their formula with this album, delivering an incredibly boring album (as expected) that does not move me or make me excited for anything.
The band's music is extremely faceless as well, and does not have any punch or grit to it. It's as if I am watching a fish out of water shaking in the sand. It's painful and boring. And get the fuck out of here with this title. I ... read more
Dec 27, 2016
raymon
I fell asleep listening to this sorry.
Dec 17, 2016*
dyelir
This is a testament for the pop album being short. 17 tracks is almost as long as the title of the album. Highlights like "Somebody Else" and "The Sound" are welcomed on an album with euphoric peaks but emotionless lows.
Dec 6, 2016
bucetwigs
Melhores: The Sound, Somebody Else, Love Me
Piores: Nana
Nov 24, 2016*
ryansliao
The 1975 clearly have a much better idea of what they were going for this time. The production is more varied and the vocals blend in a lot better. Of course I do wish the guitar had stayed more often but even without it the production is easily the best part of this album. Unfortunately this album is still too long for its own good.

Best Tracks: Love Me, If I Believe You, The Sound, This Must Be My Dream
Worst Tracks: A Change of Heart
Sep 1, 2016
Raincoat
An album which is nowhere near as artsy as the band would like you to believe, "I Like It When..." is an uneven affair that fails to hold its own against other '80s-inspired pop albums such as Jepsen's "E•MO•TION" and Neon Indian's "VEGA INTL. Night School", lacking both the fist-pumping energy of the former and the surreal dream-funk of the latter.

Highlights: "Somebody Else", "The Sound"
Aug 4, 2016
sebascors
Good singles, but gets really monotonous because it's TOO LONG.
Aug 4, 2016
favs: a change of heart, if i believe you
Jul 28, 2016
CxAylward
i don't even care this is well good. slick pop rock tunes for days, shame there's so much filler
Jul 21, 2016
califuneral
The 1975's recent effort carries a few highlights, with the occasional dip into funk territory, making for some groovy instrumentation, but the album still is riddled with the bland, pandering indie pop that haunted their debut.
Jul 8, 2016
sucker
The only song I liked on their first album was the intro... But here it looks like they took the right turn.

Best songs: The new intro, The Sound, Love Me, Somebody Else, She's American, A Change of Heart, UGH!, This Must Be My Dream
Jun 7, 2016
thethirdverse
it really would probably just be a mediocre indie album on the shelves if it weren't for the overly-ambitious, pretentious title- and i'd probably have liked it better if i knew it didn't have the longest, creepiest album name of 2016 SOLELY for obvious eye-catching purposes, and THEN name one of the worst tracks on the album after it. aaanyway, onto the review:

this thing is pretty all over the place, and not in the diverse, good way. it's like, at some points on this album the lead's voice ... read more
May 5, 2016
The 1975's lead singer Matt Healy can be a bit of a pretentious twat, and that comes across in the album. Yet, ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI (what a mouthful) also manages to be genuine, as Healy basically ends up using the songs on the record as musical diary entries. It's also boatloads of fun sometimes.
Apr 27, 2016
The sophomoric 1975 outing feels more artsy and Bowie-infused. Sometimes this album feels like the 1975 are trying too hard to be...themselves.
Apr 2, 2016
The sleeve says it all: same concept but brighter and more convenient to the friendly lightness of teenage pop, they gladly serve.
Mar 19, 2016
I hate so much the album title, but after surviving to the longest hour of my life, I don't think the title is that bad. Matt Healy and company sophomore record is a roller coaster that has one exciting loop and then it's just boring as fuck, it reminds you to the painful experience of being obligated by your parents to go with your little brother to a children's ride. I appreciate the lyrical content, I think it's pretty raw, honest and vulnerable, BUT the production is whack, the synthesizers ... read more
Mar 17, 2016
Pitchkrof
incredibly underwhelming
Mar 17, 2016
The enigmatic The 1975 have returned with the second chapter of their musical journey, and the product of their evolution I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It (ILIWYSFYASBYSUOI). - See more at: http://renownedforsound.com/index.php/album-review-the-1975-i-like-it-when-you-sleep-for-you-are-so-beautiful-yet-so-unaware-of-it/#sthash.FTW9iDys.dpuf
Mar 1, 2016
JediMark
Picks: A Change of Heart / She's American / If I Believe You / Please Be Naked / Lostmyhead / Somebody Else
Mar 1, 2016
bored 3 tracks in
Feb 28, 2016*
KevinPasos
Essential Tracks - Love Me // UGH! // She's American // The Sound // This Must Be My Dream // She Lays Down
Feb 26, 2016
clarksuga
Best tracks: Somebody Else, The Sound, She's American, Please Be Naked
Worst: Nana & She Lays Down
The rest of this album is just forgettable, very disappointing compared to their debut.
Feb 25, 2016