William Basinski - A Shadow in Time

CRITIC SCORE
What Do You Think?
RATE:
Jan 22, 2017
It's good, but i'll never listen to it again.
JohnLouisHoward
okay, but such high ratings. maybe AOTY = Ambient of the Year
Gupla
No hay muchas vueltas para explicar la esencia que guarda la música de William Basinski, pero a pesar de eso, sin ser una especie de atractivo contundente, es asombroso como sus piezas capturan y despiertan distintas matices que tal vez desconocíamos o no habíamos tenido la oportunidad de haber experimentado – porque de eso todo se trata, de la experiencia.

Tal vez para muchos William Basinski no sea un pilar a parte en estructura, debido a la ausencia de ... read more
Jul 10, 2017
Soul_Feeder
While it doesn’t reach the greatness of “The Disintegration Loops” series, “A Shadow In Time” admirably blends agony with purity and the result is an unmissable album for all ambient’s aficionados.

Read more at: http://soulfeederweb.com/2017/02/william-basinski-shadow-time-album-review/
Mar 26, 2017
luisdelrey2016
► BEST TRACKS: "For David Robert Jones"
► WORST TRACKS: Any
Feb 19, 2017
SeaBass
It's ambient music, and in that respect it succeeds fully, it creates a very defined ambient, a soundscape to be engrossed in.
Feb 10, 2017
ChuckHorus
Much better through decent headphones. Created a pleasant melancholy feeling. Is that a guitar or a saxophone on track 1? A good ambient album takes me away to another place for a while. A Shadow in Time did that for me. I wish the album had a few more tracks on it. Anyway, I enjoyed it well enough.
Feb 6, 2017
bitterblossom12
Two haunting, ominous pieces of ambient music, changing slowly and ever so subtly to morph into ever darker and more twisted soundscapes. Would recommend if into Empty Bliss Beyond This World.

Full review: https://reviewsbybitterblossom.wordpress.com/2017/02/05/william-basinski-a-shadow-in-time/
Feb 5, 2017
chessmess
Reading an interview with William Basinski, I found that there is a huge difference between what I think this sounds like and what William Basinski intends it to sound like. That was what really put me off this album. I was so immersed in it and when I found out that it had nothing to do with everything I imagined, I was dissapointed. I feel that Basinski failed to create a consistent picture inside the head of the listener by just saying that the loops are just: “Some old rotten things ... read more
Feb 2, 2017
Tool46x2
This is the ambient album that I look for... something to completely transport me through a warm vortex to 30 minutes later... beautiful stuff...
Jan 29, 2017
unknownpleasure
Put me to sleep, which I guess is a good thing.
TheMusicMan
A truly wondrous work of art, especially the title track.
Jan 27, 2017
I prefer the title track on here, though the Bowie tribute opener is by no means lackluster. The deep, grainy, hauntingly vague loops truly sink into the brain and create for a listening experience that finds the music creating itself and much as you are, finding little imperfections and flourishes moment by moment, while the whole piece never feels unfamiliar.
Jan 20, 2017*
GoldenChords
I am not a big fan of Ambient music (except for the discography of Brian Eno), but I've heard some 'masterpices' in this genre like 'The Disintegration Loops', and that's my base to make this review. The first song, 'For David Robert Jones' is a kind of tribute for the legendary musician known as David Bowie, filled with a lot of clichés in the genre, but creating a strangely melancholic atmosphere. And the second one is called 'A Shadow in Time', another 20 minutes of noise that can be ... read more

USERS WHO LIKE A Shadow in Time ALSO LIKE