AOTY 2017
U2 - Songs of Experience
Dec 1, 2017
Rolling Stone continues to fuck up by being classic rock-centric and classic rock band-centric. Their views on music revolve around toxic white taste.
Dec 2, 2017
"Toxic white taste"? Sounds like unneeded paranoia. Their views of music is their views of music.
Dec 3, 2017
"Toxic white taste" is a bit untoward, but, I get the context and frankly agree with your impression of Rolling Stone. However, this does beg the question: Aside from your "40" rating, what did you find objectionable with this latest U2 LP?
Dec 5, 2017
I mean to be fair, they are called the Rolling Stone.
Dec 6, 2017
Look at their album of the year for 2012. Look at everyone who still thinks "rock and roll is real music" and that "music sucks nowadays" those people are either old wypipo or classic hip hop heads who like 90s rap over mumble rap. I found EVERYTHING objectionable in this LP but the thing I found the most offensive about it was the fact it was an album at all and that U2 has yet to phone it in.
2 days ago
Yeah, but I still don't get it: why this album isn't good from your point of view? Like, Rolling Stone's review shouldn't be the thing over here. Personally, I think they overrate this album. But they manage to justify their opinion and that's about it, I'm cool with that even if I didn't end up giving this album such credit. And if they still wanna appreciate classic rock (as they surely do), good for them.
zeyadreda