George Ezra - Staying at Tamara's
Staying at Tamara's
goncalocouto
The first half of this album is very promising, it kept me engaged and I loved the instrumentals, vocals and pretty much all of the songs. However, the second half of the album is so boring and I honestly was counting the seconds for the songs to end. These songs aren't experimental and I couldn't find a way to enjoy them at all.

✅ Shotgun | Hold My Girl | Only a Human
hurvi
After already establishing himself as a strong pop-rock artist with his first album, Wanted on Voyage, George Ezra released Staying at Tamara's in 2018 to commercial success, and it's easy to see why. The songs themselves are average length, easy to digest, normal pop songs, as any music critic might put it. However, don't let a sense of musical snobbery stop you from enjoying this album: these songs are absolutely amazing, no matter if they were made for the masses or not. Points of evidence ... read more
nemgax
honestly who needs waterboarding and sleep deprivation when george ezra is providing fullproof interrogation techniques w shotgun
MySoftBulletin
only shotgun I want to ride in is a double barrel after listening to this
as genuine as ever
jordymusic
Original Rating: 62/100

Staying at Tamara's is far from an ambitious artistic endeavour though it isn't completely stale either. The record doesn't quite contain the splash of hits that can be found on George Ezra's debut but it does have its better moments. I've always really liked his vocal work and he comes across as warm and genuine as ever here. The aim of the instrumentation is to be uplifting through simplicity and while that can get repetitive it succeeds for the most part. However, I ... read more
LaCroixBoix
George Ezra's soph effort Staying at Tamara's is what alt-pop should be sounding like in the late 2010's. Based on the soothing and friendly sound that Wanted on Voyage provided, I would've expected more like that. Harmless alt-pop with a bit of folk influenced at times. This time around he went with a VERY mainstream sound. The chanting choruses and "oooos" are on full display this time people. Usually I hate when artists do this (Panic! at the Disco's later work, Fitz and the ... read more
musicjrmc
I found this album to be a completely unchallenging, boring and monotonous listen, with the few factors that set his sound apart in his debut album diminished in the effort to produce more record sales. Well, it worked, but all this means is I now associate George Ezra with the word 'overplayed' rather than the word I associated him with previously: 'potential'.

BEST: Saviour
WORST: Everything else.
DrGonzo86
Is this guy the new Ed Sheeran? He certainly irritates and bores me as much.

I have the unfortunate condition of having to listen to mainstream radio in work, so I'm pretty well informed when it comes to boring irritating music.

I especially like how he sings "Hey pretty shining people..." over and over and over and over and over in that one song that everyone says is a 'quality tune'.
RKanharn
George Ezra's second album is an amazing follow up to his debut and has now added chart topping hits in the form of "Shotgun" to his resume.

I feel that for the most part, the album is well rounded however the front is always going to be slightly better in any album.

With songs like "Shotgun", "Paradise", "Don't Matter Now", "Pretty Shining People" and "Hold My Girl", George produces some of the most calming Indie/Folk you are likely ... read more
This album is the chilliest album released this year. I feel like I can listen to this album when I'm in any mood or place. He is a chill dude and his voice is really good. I also really love songs like "Shotgun", "Paradise" and "Pretty Shining People"
MajorMoongs
George Ezra demonstrates his flare and enchanting voice on his second studio album. This album contains very bouncy beats which can be enjoyed anywhere. He combines his extremely unique voice and thumping beats to create a jamming listen with some melo soft ballads. However some of the songs dropped off in terms of quality at the end of the album with some of the lyrics become more basic and repetitive. Stil a very sold album and is a lot of fun.

BEST TRACKS: Pretty Shinning People. Shotgun, ... read more
Tsareena
A gorgeous voice and great production hides some really empty lyricism but that might be the point to this album.
Faves: Shotgun, Paradise, Saviour
10. Only a Human - 8
11. The Beautiful Dream - 8.5

90.8/110
SebastianWolf
Staying at Tamara’s is a light summer-sounding record. It’s radio-friendly, safe and a bit doll. Would probably jam to a few of the songs on here if they came on the radio. Even with the record kinda fading out, it’s a okay listen.
1. Pretty Shining People - 5.5
10. Only a Human - 5.0
11. The Beautiful Dream - 5.5

69/110 62.7/100
FrankD
Fav Tracks:get away, only a human
Viniwit
Ezra's album is stunning. Show us maturity, truth and a potential about a young man.
DalekTurret32

2. Only a Human
1. The Beautiful Dream
PaulyZ
TRACK LIST:

Pretty Shining People (7.2)
Don't Matter Now (7.2)
Sugarcoat (6.6)
Hold My Girl (8.5)
Saviour (7.7)
Only a Human (7.7)
The Beautiful Dream (7.3)
kyledimick
It really isn't anything new, daring, risky, or ambitious. This music is simply safe and that's what Ezra is as an artist. Shotgun is going to be super popular I already know.
Leo_AV
It's not like his first album, I think it's kind of boring and that only lasts a little over 35 minutes. It is an album to pass the time and be quiet listening to it. It has nothing new and innovative.

Pretty Shining People 72