The Wonder Years - Sister Cities
Sister Cities
liammenzies
Lyrically this is so fucking rich, there were a few times where I felt genuinely choked up by the poignancy and honesty. Instrumentally, it's all good but I'd have killed for something a bit more challenging or apt to the geographical concept the band were going for.
For the most part, The Wonder Years on this album give us more of the same of what's made them such a mainstay of current Emo and Pop Punk for years. I wouldn't say this is as urgent and genre shifting as "No Closer To Heaven", and more often than not The Wonder Years are a little too far in their comfort zone. But the passionate performances, nostalgic lyrics, and solid production are all back in spades. Not to mention, it does seem like Wonder Years are further from the Pop Punk ... read more
This is great. Is it innovative, not really? But it’s just another great album by the band. “Sister Cities” gets you pumped, “Flowers where Your Face Should Be” and “Pyramids of Salt” assault your mental state. And like always, the closing track “The Ocean Grew Hands To Hold Me” just blows me away. The band is doing great things.
Angsty and melodramatic but in a way that really resonates with the inner fifteen year old in me.
This album is just some heavy shit emotionally and it feels wrong to ignore it. It grows on me with every listen and the lyrics become so much more impactful. It shows itself as a grower, which is sometimes exactly what an album needs to be
MrMclainy
An Entire Band Crying Into Pillows: The Official Soundtrack
luna128
A wonderful observation by The Wonder Years, they just forgot to flesh it out.
M3GAWATT
The Wonder Years go for a darker tone on their sixth studio album, and for the most part it works but it doesn't keep itself afloat that well and is a far cry from their previous album.
twwalter
Favorite tracks: Raining in Kyoto, Pyramids of Salt, Sister Cities, When the Blue Finally Came
CheapandLethal
Uninspiring
WildChameleon
It's fine. Lyrically it's not bad but the production is extremely cliche.
10 a penny
ANerdCalledAlex
Absolutely loved it from start to finish, very powerful.
itsyahboinoah
ughh
RandomFrequency
I loved the album. A solid balance between ballad and ballblasters, The Wonder Years craft one of their finest pieces of art. The title cut is great, preceded by a great honest song called, “It Must Get Lonely” and it never loses steam. Check it out!
jordymusic
The current kings of the suburban blues come back as strong as you'd expect on Sister Cities. The Wonder Years have crafted a record which is more instrumentally well arranged and tightly knit than anything they've released before which is only more impressive considering the raw passion the band are famous for hasn't dropped from the forefront of the music either.

Dan Campbell is just as emotionally striking as he's always been in his vocal performance which varies, sometimes very suddenly, ... read more

Injury Reserve - Injury Reserve