Confidence Man - Confident Music For Confident People
Confident Music For Confident People
MySoftBulletin
Well right off the bat I can tell I won’t be able to relate with this
76fex
it's like those friends you keep around just because you need company to fill the void that is existential loneliness, but their only interest is the avengers
FearFlour
I don't even know how to fuckin describe this album but my ass loves it.
noonoo97
Basement jaxx and primal scream coming together in a childish mess. More like messy music for childish people.
itsyahboinoah
If I want a sense of humour I LISTEN TO ALEX CAMERON GOD DAMN IT!!!
chutbarn
People who don’t like this are quite simply cops.
dearsongs
Remember back in March when people were complaining that Hot Snakes was the highest scored album of the year? I miss those days.
DiegoPaim01
Ah é divertidíssimo. Personalidade diferente, criativo, diferente. Gosto mto de como eles trazem toda uma referência retro dos anos 90, do big beat britânico, do house psicodélico do inicio dos 90 de bandas como Primal Scream, e incrementam isso com toda uma estética meio futurista maluca que só caberia mesmo em 2018. Vira algo mto interessante, musicalmente mesmo. Uma música eletrônica vibrante, com mtas camadas melódicas na ... read more
liammenzies
The first half is definitely stronger than the second but this will be to 2018 what Bonito Generation was to 2016: an unapologetic good time.
GoingPlaces
Just about as confident as I expected. Excellent production and catchy melodies on each and every song - only problem is it's quite front-loaded.
Emme_Strt
preferiría escuchar BONITO GENERATION aunque si hay algunos contrastes buenos, pero noto algunos brillos aunque de cierto modo me molestan muchos elementos, algunas formas de cantar y sus voces, la explotación de algunos ritmos, las letras, no me parece gracioso si en realidad intentaba serlo pero me parece bastante bailable. LA PRODUCCIÓN es bastante buena y ese es lo que mas puedo defender.

A confidence 92 for a confident dudes
TheRootBoy
This is a fun record. At first I thought this would be some “ironic” record that would play inside a Forever 21 that’s not actually ironic at all and is therefore unironic and automatically so due by association. I am glad that’s not the case. Very self aware and outwardly humorous, Confident Music For Confident People is the album for you if you’re trying to find something to dance awkwardly with your friends on a night out. Hey, I’ll even join you. Throw ... read more
Meh. Not even that danceable.

Musical equivalent of: hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!!

Quirky, not clever. Courtney Barnett school of long titles to confuse bad music reviewers trying to be alt-trendsetters into giving big scores.
Guigss
Confident Music for Confident People could be recognise as the best of what the poppiest of pop could offer. The album indeed represents this limit (if there is one): dry beats, huge danceable shoots; two creatures that carry the idiossincratic difference between virility and feminine, silly but ok (and even ironic sometimes) lyrics, impecable production, nothing new or original and, in the end, not to be taken seriously. The second proper album of this party duo will exist just to define what ... read more
squeejie
i feel like i just walked through a Macy’s
endianness
A front-loaded dance album with a couple decent cuts. Tone-wise it's mildly comparable to Bonito Generation but instead of being affable music for confident people its haughty music for confident people.
Confident Music For Confident People is this Dance Pop album

Best Tracks:Try Your Luck,Boyfriend,C.O.O.L Party,Out the Window,Bubblegum,Sail Boat Vacation,Fascination
Worst Track:Better Sit Down Boy
Polieklaar
Maybe I'm not as repelled as I was at first but I'm still as confused.
I finally got through the whole thing and... How did they even achieve this? To make me feel totally uninterested, repulsed and barely enjoyed respectively and simultaneously? It just feels like they force us to have a good time with this faux fun attitude and of course with these truly "amusing" lyrics but there's not a single reason to participate despite the (averagely) intense sound.
Since we were expected to ... read more
luna128
sorry i dont have fun with feel-good albums if they arent fundamentally structured.

maybe i just project the fact i dont love myself onto the stuff i listen to.
WildChameleon
Wtf I listened haha. It's highly danceable but the lyrics are pretty ... dumb (?). It's a funny album, nothing more, nothing less.
This album if nothing else is just fun. The dance friendly beats are fantastic. Reminds of a modern day B-52s. This will be on my summer listening rotation for sure.
Some stellar songs but prevented from being a high quality album by a couple of awful tracks. The whole album wanders the tightrope between brilliant and irritating, while Better Sit Down Boy & Boyfriend (Among others) hit the mark, others such as Don't YOu Know I'm In a Band & Bubblegum are just too much for me personally
BM5X5
My god, this is like Janelle's new album, cohesive, great melodies, best of best production, i don't know what else to describe it.
A sort of self-aware Barbie girl type music, for modern club rats.
EntryIncomplete
I'm a sucker for a good jam, and Confident Music For Confident People is all propped full of them. The hyperactive, funky and almost left field approach Confidence Man takes here could easily have gone south. But they have the starpower, humor and, most importantly, confidence to pull it off to great effect.
Stupidly fun. On their debut LP, Australian electro/dance-pop collective Confidence Man arrogantly and hilariously live up to the motif of being confident so evident throughout their image. There may be a slight imbalance of style over substance on this record, but I cannot get enough of it. The albums themes of decadence, arrogance and ego are almost satirical, becoming an excessive and near genius portrait of modern millennial life. Behind the lyrics however lies a collage of tightly wound, ... read more
This was the most fun I had listening to music this year. If only there were more acts that can make great beats while keeping their tongues firmly planted in their cheeks. I don't think a song has ever made me feel like a young party girl before, but C.O.O.L Party somehow made it appealing and has me singing along every time.

It does drop off towards the end, but the record is short and punchy enough that it is mostly unscathed by this.

Favourites: C.O.O.L Party, Boyfriend, Out The Window
daystocome
Even though musically it sounds more rooted in early 2000's big Euro house, the boldness and catchiness of "Confident Music..." has enough arguments to stand on its own as the big party album of the year. And you don'w want to be left out of the best party of the year, do you?
Kuzushi
Repetitive dancy fun with quirky braggadocious lyrics, not my kind of silly.
DalekTurret32
Try Your Luck [93]
Don't You Know I'm In a Band [98]
Boyfriend [99]
C.O.O.L Party [87] (-)
Out The Window [96] (has this early 90's madchester sound)
Catch My Breath [94]

3. Don't You Know I'm In A Band
2. Boyfriend
1. Fascination
podrecortez
Too confident of its own good. Most of the time the music is obnoxious, too much of a satire of its own concept.
EdFruscley
Producción maestra. Instrumentos bailando, no es música para bailar, es música primero mucho antes de ser baile. Es música producida con maestría y luego es lo que tu cabeza quiera
cfreemon
Confidence, confidence, confidence! The band's name and album title exudes it in every sense possible. Confident Music for Confident People scoffs at your preconceived notions of what a dance album should be, laughing in the face of such petty words like "depth" and "introspection". From start to finish, so long as you check your brain at the door, you're gonna have a good time with CMfCP. The inspirations from acts like LCD Soundsystem, Hot Chip, and Cut Copy are obvious, ... read more
rwstreet1967
Confidence Man was one of this years best. It was pop and danceable bliss. The beat keeps me coming back and listening to Confidence Man over and over this year. I have to say this is in my Top Five 2018 and I listened to so much this year and it was a good year for new sounds and fresh music. This is what made the year great.
Rob_StA
Top Tracks:
C.O.O.L Party
Bubblegum
JUKEBOX
I know i shouldn't take this too seriously and I tried to like it, but this just makes me cringe.
lukassantiago3
Confidence Man invites you to party. "Confident Music For Confident People" is the one of the most sassy, funny, danceful, joyful and no shame album of this year. Everything here feels like a morphine's injection, there's not bad time. It's a great option to turn off the daily world's worries.
An unapologetic album with tight production and instrumentation. This album gets the ideas in Virtue by The Voidz and build on them. This is a quirky, energetic, fun album experience.
MattWaligorski
I can feel my brain cells deteriorating whenever i listen to a widely critically acclaimed album from this year
ryanreviews
An unbelievably fun and stupid album
SkyZippr
Just 5 seconds into the album and I knew there'd probably be nothing much going on in terms of lyrics in this album. Actually it turned out that there was nothing going on at all in terms of lyrics for the entire album. But then again, it's not that type of record where you have to pay attention to the lyrics, either. The beat is on fire and the instrumentation is fun, and that's all this album needs.
I'm not sure if this deserves to be this high on the aoty list, but this is likely to be my ... read more
Unexciting, unchallenging electropop. This has got to be the most boring album of 2018 the songs aren't even that catchy. I literally forgot everything about this album as soon as I was done listening to it and I'm glad I did.
Regarded highly, but honestly I would never sit around and listen to dance music, so it limits the appeal that the album has for me. It just is what it is. It's neither bad nor good, but rather an album that merely exists to do its job for me. For what its purpose is, its sound and enjoyable; however, that's as far as I could take it.

Favorite track: Out The Window
dribblymouth
It knows what it is and gets straight down to business. Almost every song slaps and you can't help but smiling along with the satirical lyrics. Definitely an album that everyone should give a go.
NothingToDoubt
Un producto hecho para bailar y logrado con creces, jams increíblemente pegajosos y secciones rítmicas variadas en conjunto de lineas de bajo creativas, divertidas e intensas... Un álbum dance en toda la extensión de la palabra.

James Blake - Assume Form
James Blake
Assume Form
Deerhunter - Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Deerhunter
Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow