Sufjan Stevens - Enjoy Your Rabbit
Enjoy Your Rabbit
Mediocre

Not used to hearing Sufjan go in this electronic direction, and I’m definitely not warming up to it. Even though most of the ideas on “Enjoy Your Rabbit” are interesting to say the least, there isn’t anything of value hidden throughout most of this tracklist, leaving the record to feel disjointed, boring, and annoying.

Color: Light green
FAV TRACKS: Year of Our Lord, Year of the Sheep, Year of the Tiger,
LEAST FAV: Year of the Boar, Enjoy Your Rabbit, Year of ... read more
okcomputer12127
My Childhood Trauma is Spotify playing Year of the Monkey in the middle of the night.
JeremiahMurphy
I honestly had a really enjoyable listen. This is definitely on the experimental side of Sufjan’s music as the textures of these tracks are very glitchy but the atmosphere it creates is nice yet intense at times. I really enjoy this album to be honest. It’s fun.
chessmess
It sounds like the soundtrack of a low budget indie game that will receive awards for best soundtrack of the year. I think that says it all
A very abstract and different project compared to what Stevens usually sticks to, but it is pretty great nonetheless. None of the tracks are so harsh you want to turn it off, but none are so non-stimulating that you want to fall asleep (a problem that I find with many albums of this nature). Through the mess, there is plenty to enjoy.

fav track: Year of the Rat
If A Sun Came was your only reference point for Sufjan Stevens up to this point, this album would come as a relative shock. Even with hindsight available, Enjoy Your Rabbit is still a wildly unexpected left turn from the bedroom-folk style of music the artist put out before and doesn’t fit within the confines of the rest of his records until 2020. The question is, how solidly did Sufjan pick up the electronic IDM/electronica torch and run with it.

From my perspective, this album ... read more
Ian_Kal
Sufjan legit said SKKTKTKKTTCHHHCHHHCMHCHHCMMMMMMMCHHCHHCHHCTTCTHCTHCTHCTHKEEKEEKSIOLLLOOLOLSKKTCHEHCHEHCHEHCEH
this is some good shit, and I love the names/concepts of everything lovely, I find this album surprisingly soothing, Im obsessed with everything he's made holy shit
A very interesting concept, with an album that's probably not as interesting,but intriguing enough to deserve a listen. It showcases his rapid development as a songwriter.
DayIsDone
This is honestly spectacular.
CheapandLethal
Better stuff out there
siberianbreaks
I would probably call this Sufjan's most interesting work. Nonetheless, it is pretty jarring at times and just plain confusing to listen to at points, but still worth a try.

Favourite tracks: Year of the Tiger, Year of the Dragon, Year of the Dog
Tom Simmons
Fav Tracks: Year Of The Horse, Year Of Our Lord, Year Of The Ox, Year Of The Monkey, Year Of The Rooster, Year Of The Rat

Lady Gaga - Chromatica