Denzel Curry - TA13OO
nemgax
SHIT BANGS | ZH1T 13ANGZ
So like... I have had this album on repeat for the last 4 hours. I didn’t really like Imperial for the lack of strong hooks, but TA13OO manages to surpass expectations with extremely dark production, catchy hooks, ear wormy melodies... it’s just overall incredibly solid front to back.
This album just doesn't have the bite I thought it would, he kinda played it safe here to me. The last 3 tracks are the top 3 imo, there were also many bad lines on this album, most of the beats are pretty dime a dozen too. Denzel's consistently sticky hooks and incredibly cut throat and untamed performances are what carried this thing for me, outside of that I can't say this has fulfilled me like I wanted it to.
RADARADARADARADA
NEVA GIV A FUK 13OUT A DOLLA
Jaronmeister
It's peak trap, boiii

Yeah, this is definitely what I'll make my future grandchildren listen to if they ever ask me about the cultural phenomenon that will have been trap rap.
Subject to change.

The Preamble:
I'm Hyped. SUMO and PERCS were the only singles I heard off the album and they were ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ. I avoided CLOUT COBAIN and I didn't listen to the album in acts. I don't know what the point of that shit is. Seemed so gimmicky. The album is here, and here's what I think.

The Review:
This project is phenomenal, easily Denzel's best project yet. He might be a southern version of Kendrick, this album is going to fuck up the game. Straight ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ, beginning ... read more
Was not expecting this to be SO DAMN GOOD

Edit: Percs is probably gonna be the rap song of the year for me

Edit2: SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER WITH TIME
This is my favorite trap album ever. It’s fun, cohesive, the production is great, the hooks are fantastic, it’s just a hell of an album.

Favorite Tracks: TABOO | TA13OO, BLACK BALOONS | 13LACK 13ALOONZ, CASH MANIAC | CAZH MAN1AC, SWITCH IT UP | ZWITCH 1T UP, THE BLACKEST BALOON | THE 13LACKEZT 13ALOON, PERCS | PERCZ, VENGEANCE | VENGEANGE, BLACK METAL TERRORIST | 1 3 M T

Least Favorite Tracks: SUPER SAIYAN SUPERMAN | ZUPER ZA1YAN ZUPERMAN, MAD I GOT IT | MAD 1 GOT 1T
thebibleparttwo
I’m in love with @thomasny18
You know, I felt weird about giving so many good scores too 2018, but 1971 and 2000 exist so I'm sure in the context of history is normal. With that being said, let me rip off Inglume.

TABOO l TA13OO
-The slow build up with the rain splotches in the background
-The Drop when Denzel Starts singing
-"Welcome to the darker side of taboo
All I've got is permanent scars and tattoos"
-The "ah ah ah ah ah"
-The digitalization of curry's vocals at times
-Denzel has an amazing ... read more
NOT ONLY DOEZ DENZEL CURRY 13EAT H1Z PEERZ TO THE GROUND, HE COMPLETLY DEMOLIZHEZ THEM! W1TH DARK PRODUCT1ON, GREAT, CYN1CAL ZOC1AL COMMENTARY AND ZOL1D PERFORMANCEZ, “TA13OO” 1Z ONE OF THE 13EZT TRAP RAP AL13UMZ TO DATE!

FAV TRACKS | FAV TRACKZ: PERCS | PERCZ, CLOUT COBAIN | CLOUT CO13A1N, BLACK BALLOONS | 13LACK 13ALLOONZ, TABOO | TA13OO, SIRENS | Z1RENZ, SWITCH IT UP | ZWITCH 1T UP, THE BLACKEST BALLOON | THE 13LACKEZT 13ALLOON, BLACK METAL TERRORIST | 13 M T, VENGEANCE | ... read more
KingKRoolisBack
As much as I hated ZUU, this album is amazing

Like seriously, this SHITZ BANGZ. I love the dark and gritty atmosphere this album has, also this production is amazing, like it’s probably the best production in a trap rap album EVER. I LOVE the hooks on this album, even on the worst track, it still has a good hook, How does he do it?!? I also love the lyrics/verses on this album, especially the very many references in SUMO:

“Curry get the flame, call a nigga Prince ... read more
FearFlour
Ready for the JPEGMAFIA track to wreck my whole shit.

UPDATE: The JPEGMAFIA track wrecked my whole shit.
I kinda want to rank these tracks best to worst, but Brad Taste in Music has already done that so we're pretty much gonna be sharing opinions lol.

Anyway here's my review: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fav tracks: TA1300, 13LACK 13ALLOONZ, CAZH MAN1AC, ZW1TCH 1T UP, MAD 1 GOT 1T, Z1RENZ, CLOUT CO13AIN (EASILY BEST TRACK), PERCZ, VENGEANCE, 13MT
least favourites: ZUPER ZA1YAN ZUPERMAN
rguitar
I finally arrived to this diamond!
A m a z i n g!
twinfantasy
So overrated. Imperial was better lmao
I liked this project, and the "3 sides" idea was pretty creative and well-executed. Even though I enjoyed this album quite a bit, it was ruined by the 2nd disc. Some songs are extraordinarily bland and annoying such as SUPER SAIYAN SUPERMAN & MAD I GOT IT. I enjoyed SIRENS a lot, but everything surrounding was generic & tries so hard to be deep.

Ranking of the 3 discs:
1. Disc 3
2. Disc 1
3. Disc 2
Gyro64
Y13AH 1 FUCK W1TH T1HZ
Nitrogen is a chemical element with symbol N and atomic number 7. It was first discovered and isolated by Scottish physician Daniel Rutherford in 1772. Although Carl Wilhelm Scheele and Henry Cavendish had independently done so at about the same time, Rutherford is generally accorded the credit because his work was published first. The name nitrogène was suggested by French chemist Jean-Antoine-Claude Chaptal in 1790, when it was found that nitrogen was present in nitric acid and ... read more
ACreativeName
yeah like its good but calm down
Kanye
FINISH EM ZEL
luna128
its still not that good.

edit: yeah okay it is
MrMclainy
Edit 7/31/19: It took me a year to realize Billie Eilish handles the chorus on SIRENS. Shit sounds so good. This album sounds so good. Fuck.

Edit 5/27/19: My original review is going in the toilet. The concept’s organization is absolute pants, but the actual music makes up for it almost all of the time. Some corny lines here and there, but the production and Denzel’s raw gnawing energy is fucking insane and the hooks across this thing are really strong too. I’ve had the hook ... read more
Z.Younk
Been waiting on his mainstream debut since 2012 and he did not disappoint. I showed his stuff to some Costa Rican teens in 2013 when I was down there filming a doc, hopefully they're still w it, bumping this record rn.
Brendo
The entire thing is so damn catchy and Denzel's delivery is off the charts.
lucental
act 3 really bumps hard in the honda civic my nathans
"That's me at my lowest, no Peter Griffin"
"Drop mo' Crack than eggs on easter"
"Talkin' slick like it's oil speakin"

o no

BEST TRACKS: Sumo, Sirens, Percs, Vengeance, Black Metal Terrorist
WORST TRACKS: Cash Maniac, Super Saiyan Superman, Switch it Up, The Blackest Balloon
TheRealEminem
I like Denzil Carrey
IvoBraga
When this album came out it was like a 10 to me, was so fucking good but since it has aged a bit it dropped down but it's still amazing all the same. Got some of Denzel's best tracks ever.

1. TABOO l TA13OO - 10 /What an great and different intro, Denzel got me completly off guard with this one
2. BLACK BALLOONS (feat. Twelve'len & GoldLink) - 10

Z1RENZ - 6.5/10
CLOUT CO13A1N - 8.5/10
THE 13LACKEZT 13ALLOON - 7/10
PERCZ - 6/10
VENGEANCE - 8.5/10 (Favorite Track)
13 M T - 8/10

Overall: Before today I had never listened to Denzel Curry. Never heard a track he was featured on, never listened to any singles he’s dropped. I asked some friends of mine if he was worth the ... read more
At only 23 years old, Denzel Curry releases his third album conceived as a hybrid triptych that reveals all the versatility of the rapper. For this new project, Denzel chose to work around three distinct parts (Light, Gray and Dark) whose output was spread over three days. Despite the title of his first part (Light), the rapper continues to advance in the dark on this third album, where he evokes the hatred, the suffering and the dramas of a youth he knew. More fit than ever, the former member ... read more
POWERHOUSE | P0WERH0UZE

Best trap-rap album of all time, lyrics, aesthetic and performance... nothing beats it... not even Rodeo

13EST: Switch It Up, Black Balloons, Clout Cobain, The Blackest Balloon, Percs, Black Metal Terrorist, Sumo, Sirens, Vengeance, Mad I Got It

WEAKEZT: Cash Maniac
Wolf
Despite it's hazy concept, "TA13OO" mashes Denzel's strengths with A1 production to create what will most likely be 2018's finest hip-hop record.
HoodieBraden
TABOO is one of my favorite trap albums of all time with its superb production, incredible flow, and appealing vocals; all from the genius mind of Zel. It has moments where its fun, moments where its sincere, and moments where its just hard-hitting hip-hop.
phoenixz
The nostalgia on this bruh
Stankysauce
Denzel has been my favorite rapper for a while now and this album is pretty much he reason why. It is so catchy, smooth and aggressive at the same time. The production is amazing throughout the entire album. My biggest issue has to be the song Mad I Got it though. I hate the hook on this song, it's just not catchy at all and takes me out of the album every time. Though the verses are pretty good. Easily one of my favorite rap albums.
God damn. Not only has Denzel delved deeper into his own physche on this record, but he's done so in a way that not only connects all parts of his crazy, wacked out personality it the process. It's a demanding listen, hopping from dark topic to dark topic. It might not be an easy listen, but it's a listen that some may need in 2018. Also it's got bangers for days.

Favorite Jams: MAD I GOT IT, BLACK METAL TERRORIST, VENGEANCE
snucus
este album é ganda fixe meu
liammenzies
An album that I was sort of mixed on when it came to my first few initial listens, Denzel Curry’s Taboo is something that’s only gone to grow on me with subsequent revisits: both Curry’s delivery, demeanour and lack of decorum in addition to the sinister, shady production lead to an album that I found myself unsettled by but at the same time utterly thrilled by. Admittedly I feel a few lines could have been cut as something like Sirens feels undercut by half-baked quips and I ... read more
This is easily one of the best, if not best trap rap records I`ve ever heard.
TheRootBoy
With three concepts attached to TA13OO you'll sit through an experience. The themes each bleed into each other almost effortlessly with Denzel's writing. He delivers full throttle on singles like CLOUT CO13BA1N and 13LACK 13ALLOONZ with each contrasting evenly between one another. These two singles in mention are far removed from the majority of Denzel's track record in terms of composition and style. I was hoping to hear more from Denzel embracing this newer sound, but that wasn't entirely the ... read more
zeyadreda
WHAT A GREAT RECORD 1Z TH1Z, 1'M ZO HAPPY W1TH 1T, ONE OF MY FAV. H1PHOP RECORDZ OF THE YEAR, 1 CAN'T DEC1DE MY FAV. TRACK, 13UT 1 TH1NK 1'D CHOOZE FROM, PERCZ OR TA13OO OR Z1RENZ, THE REZT ZT1LL AWEZOME ZO, THE ONLY TRACKZ THAT I DON'T GO THROUGH ARE CAZH MAN1AC & ZUPER ZA1YAN ZUPERMAN.
AWEZOME AWEZOME RECORD.
COULD 13E THE H1PHOP RECORD OF THE YEAR FOR ME!.
suicidepoetry
finish em zel

holy shit he finished them
GabrielDiablo
Excellent
huberthumphrey
I HEAR THAT LIFE IS A BITCH, I HEAR THAT LIFE IS BEACH, LIFE IS A FREAK ON A LEASH
Collin
More like overrated
the_gnome
Get some weed. Get your keys and go to your car. Grab your phone, touch app Spotify, put TA13OO, relax. Turn it on. The joint. The car. The music. Prepare for a wild outing even if you sit sat swaying your head.
Alisonf
It’s a pretty good album but in my opinion black balloons is the best one.
elitimesfour
POCKETS TOO BIG THEY SUMOOOOOOO

SUICIDAL DOORS CALL IT KURT COBAAAAAAIN

OOOOO, FEEL LIKE A HORRRRRORRR MOOOVIEEEEEE
Nightwing15
I’m back mother fuckers. It’s time for my resurgence as a music reviewer and I’m coming back with what I now consider one of the best rap albums of this decade and one of my personal favorites. There are so many things about this album that can be gushed over. If I were to explain all of them I’d get a boner so large that I could bust a nut and it would hit all fifty states. So I’ll do a detailed summary instead. The production and beats of every song are so unique ... read more

Mac Miller - Circles