Young Thug - Slime Language
Slime Language
trevorbarnes
This would have gotten a 50 first listen from me, but there’s a song called Scoliosis.

Sorry I don’t make the rules it has to be a 100.

EDIT: okay it's been a couple weeks I gotta drop it back down.
The Preamble:
I hope Jeffery makes a comeback with this record. His track record as of late is shaky. This is make ot or break it.

The Review:
I'm disappointed once again by Young Thug. Its been 2 years since Thug dropped a good project. Jeffery dropped Summer 2016. He has slowly been reduced to a generic trap rapper since. While there are great tracks on here, there's a good share of filler. Thug sounds like he isnt even trying most of the time. I think Thug needs to go back to the drawing ... read more
YungNoodle
I’m disappointed
LepardRyan
damn, come on thug. There's so much throwaway on this. What happened? It certainly isn't bad, but Young Thug clearly has better projects in him. I just expect more.
Nothing new but I still like it, Young Thug manages to change things up just enough for me to keep listening. Oh Yeah and Audemar are the standout tracks for me. The former has a minimal synth and pretty low-key guitar sample as practically the only parts of the beat, creating a great progression to the track. Audemar, It's A Slime, and Goin Up are more examples of Thug's ability to make melodic, off-kilter trap songs, something he nearly perfected on Jeffrey in 2016. Gunna shows his talent ... read more
dzrey
I don't care if this is a compilation album or not, this isn't good. Thug shoes nothing here that made him such a unique voice in the rap game, where are the catchy hooks?. The production is surprisingly poor, the features are terrible and Thug doesn't sound that great either.

➕ Chanel, Chains Choking Me, Tsunami

➖ STS, Slimed In, January 1st, Audemar, Dirty Shoes, Goin Up, Expensive, U Ain't Slime Enough
Stankysauce
This has some of my favorite Thugger songs, but I'd rather kill myself than listen to the whole album without all of the Gunna features removed.
dyelir
lil uzi taking away his clout. rip thug this is your worst project
Pamford45
This is one of the few times that I feel that I don't get the appeal of the album, that I legitimately don't get it.

A lot of this feels average to me. I love Young Thug's vocals but I don't understand how he manage to feature a rapper as boring and empty as Gunna 4 fucking times. Some of this beats are great, but a lot of them also feel pretty devoid of something unique and rely too much on the bass to make it sound catchy.

I never understood the appeal of Young Thug and I truly wanted to ... read more
Soundcloudcriti
I don't care about this at all tbh
Tsunami 6/10
Chains choking me 4/10
Sts 7/10
Expensive 3/10
Sllked in 3/10
This album is background music and it serves that purpose but shows how weak ysl really is as a label of thugger clones
Final score:81/150 (54%)

Best travks: u ain't slime enough , channel , dirty shoes, sts
Worst ... read more
Z.Younk
Doesn't get good until track 7, even then only the Gunna features really stick
jacobn
Not my favorite project from thugger but still a lot of hits. Audemar one of the best songs ever

BEST TRACKS: Audemar, gain clout, chanel, dirty shoes, goin up
NickBrick
Its ok. that it
ARDYReviews
Full Album Review:

Thug does provide some great melodies on some of the production, however it’s more of the case of other people stealing the show. The album is also sonically pleasing, and there is a variety of sounds on the album.
Knxckebeatz
Got some bangers in there

Favourites: Gain Clout, Chanel (Go Get It), Dirty Shoes
YoungFrenzy
Thugger always shows the class of great plate, it is worth highlighting the Audemar number from Tracy T
Falk1303
Has some bops, not bad.
Mellow
People say it isn't as good as his other work but I still heavily enjoyed it.
Thug as always is top tier but his features don't do a great job of carrying their own weight. thankfully thug is good enough to carry the other YSL memebers
Another aolid comp
dovid_h
damm
Becausetheinter
Enjoyable. It's another show of Thugger's uniqueness.
Young Thug and his label compilation fails to impress, having many boring verses and songs. It's not what I would've expected, and I consider that it's not worth the listen, especially if you're not really into trap and this kind of music.

Notable tracks: Tsunami, U Ain't Slime Enough, Audemar, January 1st
DeathIsBest
Slime langueage is an interesting pick. Young Thug wants to and is trying to go beyond his capabilities, but he doesn't succeed.

But it's actually listenable to, in some extent. The cheerfulness of the album, makes it a lot of fun to listen to, but of course there's still the case of some blend and generic beats.

Tsunami is a skippable song, but the record gains my interest in the song "U ain't slime enough" featuring Karlae, which is his girlfriend, and she was actually quite ... read more
TheRootBoy
Thugger unleashes what sounds to be a promising debut album just before the Summer's end. It's unfortunately not groundbreaking work nor reaches the levels of his magnum opus mixtape Jeffery. Thugger didn't release a marvel of a record in Slime Language, but he did at least remind us how important his presence is.
liammenzies
I don’t think thug seems to realise that the majority of the time I and a number of people enjoy his work, it’s purely for him and rarely because of a featured artist. So when he dropped what is essentially one big promotion compilation for his label, full of people who don’t make an impact, and Thug himself just seems kinda bored of what he’s doing, it makes for a disappointing non-entity of an album.
A couple of catchy songs, but none of Thug's usual weirdness, and a lot of bad features make this album very mediocre.

Best Songs: Tsunami, Gain Clout, Chanel (Go Get It), It's A Slime
Worst Songs: Slimed In, Expensive, U Ain't Slime Enough, STS
JAM
"Slime Language" offers fans a fun set of tracks that don't demand anything more than the effort that was put into it. There are a lot of mediocre sets to this one, but there is a lot to enjoy as well, specifically in Thugger's charisma. I think this would have served pretty well as an EP, as most of this album feels as if Young Thug threw it out to fans without expecting much praise in return. The lows are annoying and as generic as any track that is categorized in this oversaturated ... read more
Eduard15
Thugger could do much better and could be more innovative with this one. This ain't it, chief.
young dumb
mattgoold
Slime Language is far and away the most disappointing release I was anticipating for 2018. Young Thug has the power to be daring, incomprehensibly weird, and truly delightful in his penchant for idiosyncratic inflections.

Slime Language is none of that—and it is concerning that JEFFREY, a masterpiece, is already 2 years old with little to show since despite his continuously prolific output.
Odeon
Only the first song is salvage-able. This is simply a bad record. It's the same garbage song, again and again.
YehiaSeyam
expected more of thugger as it's now clear his peak days are a thing of the past
SmooglyReviews
This feels so much more longer than it actually is.

A lot of these songs have no redeeming qualities whatsoever or are just plain bad. Very few times are there songs I legitimately enjoy. That being said I found this to be a drag to get through, with little sprinkles of good mixed in here and there. But for the most part this didn't feel special at all to me. It's really hard to see how this album could appeal to someone, oh well. Also Gunna ruined every song he was on.

Favs: Tsunami, U Ain't ... read more
Tsareena
Goes on for a little too long. Last few tracks were hard to get through especially with the same talk on designer brands and wealth. The production was good and some of the features were good
Faves: Audemar, Scoliosis, January 1st
His flow is good as always. But thats not enough to save the album
asowersby
Catchiest of the auto crooners and mumble rappers
GIZ
Jeffrey can do better guys...

Top 3 tracks:
1. Gain Clout
2. Chanel
3. Scoliosis

Worst Track: U Ain't Slime Enough
birdmanslawyer
The “skrr skrr” adlibs on Audemar made this project for me. Gain Clout had a crazy flow, which was very unexpected from Thugger. Overall, the project could have been a bit better, but was loaded with enough of the usual trap bangers that we are used to from this artist.

HIGHS: GAIN CLOUT, OH YEAH, AUDEMAR, CHANEL, ITS A SLIME, SCOLIOSIS, CHAINS CHOKING ME, EXPENSIVE.

LOWS: U AINT SLIME ENOUGH, DIRTY SHOES, GOIN UP.
magic_talpa
I miss rich gang period...
It seems as if each project since Jeffery has failed to reach the title of being a solid project but each project had their own standout, shining track.... BGT had Relationship, Martha had Liger, Super Slimey had Patek Water, and Hear No Evil had Anybody. However, this project fails to deliver even a standout song with the best being Gain Clout. I need to hear something solid from like Thug with GOOD Features... YSL Records is filled to brim with below average to absolute trash rappers and ... read more
therealkeifer
This ain't it.

It's 2018 and Young Thug is dropping throwaway albums with no catchy hooks and featuring generic Young Thug clones. I'm disappointed but not surprised, slowly losing faith in Thug.
jordymusic
Slime Language certainly sits in the shadow of Thuggers best projects though there's still plenty of qualities present which make this a fairly good listen from front to back. His unique flair and personality does come through on most tracks though the production here doesn't quite have the level of creativity and quirk to match. Young Thug suits shorter and more concentrated projects better as they allow him to really pour more of his distinct originality into each track. Slime language is a ... read more
nnxsgny
as disappointed as i was when i first heard it given all the hype, you really gotta realize most label compilations are fucking ass so this is pretty good in relation. it's fun. that being said, i'm still a bit disappointed in thug. he's either fallen off or he's not trying, and i believe it's the latter as he's had great performances this year on songs like mlk, ride for me, offshore, forever ever. his flows and vocal inflections and energy is still there on SL, but he just doesn't shut up ... read more
max2k
Yeah
therawreviewer
favs: gain clout, oh yeah, audemar, dirty shoes, January 1st
Least fav: u ain’t slime enough
CLOVDo
Its has a nice flow, it stays pretty melodic throughout though it can get boring at times.
TheBravesDH
Another inconsistent Thugga release. Have yet to truly enjoy a project from him with the word “slime” in the title. This one serves as more of a showcase for his less talented labelmates with him curating and appearing on every track. He is determined to make Gunna a thing in 2018, no matter how much we don't want that.
Marius
Disappointed
Hamilton
Can albums just not be released if they have over 2 features from Gunna, anyone from Migos, Future, anyone from the XXL freshman lists 2016-18, and any rappers with dyed hair?

Thanks.