Robyn - Honey
Honey
Valeron21
I do smell the album of the year here.
It's easy to listen, there is space in this music, it's so chilled out. It sounds as brand new and at the same time it somehow brings me back to childhood and gives me a sense of nostalgia. This is how you make pop, kids.
matteo
Robyn's deepest, grooviest, most cohesive and most personally revealing album. In fact, I will go ahead and say its her best. "Dancing On My Own" is pretty much the song of the decade, and there's no one song on this album that's quite in that 11-out-of-10 stratosphere, but as a whole, this is so much more detailed, engrossing, and luxuriant than any previous Robyn LP. There's so much emotional and sonic texture to these songs, many of which recall ambient techno or house a la The ... read more
I am delighted with this album. There is so much to love, but my favorite part is the sense of movement towards something new and exciting. Where 'Missing U' sounded a like a continuation of Body Talk, the last three songs in particular sound very fresh to me. 'Between the Lines' has just a wink of Kaytranada in it, and I am feeling that. 'Beach 2k20' is the kind of subtle earworm that will be stuck in my head until 2k20, and 'Ever Again' is just sonic candy.

In short, it is playful and ... read more
MikeeYo
idk found it quite boring and repetitive. 'Ever Again' is the only great song in this.

1. Ever Again
2. Missing U
3. Because It's In The Music

The rest are okay.
Wow I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I do. I actually think it’s great. It feels so deeply personal and it’s incredible to listen to. I don’t think there’s a bad song on the album.
Tsareena
An amazing journey from start to finish. Every track is well thought out and the entire album is so atmospheric and immersive. A great follow up to body talk (ignoring it took 8 years to get here). My only complaint is that the dedication to a more relaxed sound kinda made tracks like Beach2k20 feel a little empty when they needed heavier production to really stand on their own.
Faves: Between the Lines, Ever Again, Honey
lemuriams
This is her most ambitious album and 200% best, but i just have to think about the rating.

You can see huge progress in her music and adulthood.

The album is clearly inspired by Junior Boys. The second part of the album is just wonderful.

IM IN LOVE WITH THIS ALBUM - HER MAGNUM OPUS.
Audiohype
I love the sustained atmosphere throughout this record, a shimmery, smoky summer pop haze which feels claustrophobic and expansive all at once. This record feels like a slow burner so I imagine it will grow on me with each listen, given the deep grooves and intricate production. Robyn also sounds as emotional as ever and cuts through each track. Pleasantly surprised by this record.
Raincoat
It's very tempting to view "Honey" as a total revision of Robyn's style, a shift away from the swaggering fembot from her self-titled and "Body Talk" in order to synthesise a completely new product. But that's not quite right — we have to drop the synthetic imagery altogether, now. Because this is an evolution, a gradual process of growth that happened over a tumultuous eight years, in which the singer broke up (and eventually reunited) with her long-term partner and ... read more
Robyn’s voice is sexy and she brings more matured lyrics over the album’s immaculate production. I guess my only real criticism is that the lyrics don’t offer much.

Fav Tracks: Missing U, Because It’s In The Music, Ever Again, Honey, Human Being, Between The Lines

Least Fav Track: Baby Forgive Me

Score:
8.1
Great
rykketid
this album is like getting your tits out at a funeral, getting a divorce, overdosing on ecstasy, meeting your soulmate on Tinder, and crying in public all at the same time.
Bit of a surprise as I'm not a big consumer of the ol' pop music - this album lands somewhere between Kitty, Rhye, chart dance acts and some subtly wonky electro (I guess venturing into Royksopp territory? That'd make sense as the two acts worked together).

This has enough personality in the vocals and enough immersive sonic detail to grab my attention so fair play Robyn.
TheBravesDH
Everything on here sounds so dated and uninspired. The opener and closer are the only real solid tracks.
Robyn is a singer who I never really liked. But Honey changed all that. This is one of the best pop albums I have heard in the last decade. It is a fun album that makes me think again about Robyn.
Farlov
Nothing bad, but pretty much nothing stood out to me at all.
前半は過去作品と比べるとイマイチかな、
honeyとBetween The Lines 後半からこの二曲が続いてそのまま終わりまで盛り上げてくれる。不満もあるけど全体的には満足できるアルバムに仕上がってる
DiegoPaim01
é ok, ñ entendo o hype. Tem algmas faixas que realmente apresentam um pop musicalmente interessante, com certo caráter imersivo das melodias dos sintetizadores/teclados, junto com batidas bem groovy. Mas sei lá, num geral é só pop music. E algmas bem medíocres até, ñ dá pra entender o hype não.
TheRootBoy
Not that great. Not sure exactly what makes this album so stunning to most of y'all on here.
HighClouds
With “Honey”, Robyn has managed to accomplish something that few artists do in their lifetimes, let alone before they’re even 40 years old. She has gone through reformation without losing her essence and succeeded in expanding her range as a musician.

FULL REVIEW: http://www.highclouds.org/review-robyn-honey/
dyelir
Approaching her fourth decade of relevance, Robyn crafts a warm, dance-informed pop album that is among the year's best. Instead of head-pounding dance pop, Honey is an album with production that's groovy yet subtle: likely to leave the listener moving from start to finish almost effortlessly.
samfranzini7
A gorgeous, hyper-enjoyable pop album that feels modern and clean yet 90s all at once.

Favorite tracks: Because It's in the Music, Honey, Ever Again
As much as I would like to believe the hype of this album, it just wasn't there for me. The tracks are danceable for sure and have a catchy pop element to them, but for the most part they follow the same general pattern. This pattern is not innately bad by any means, but it doesn't feel entirely fresh either. The lyricism is not all that powerful either, which one wouldn't expect necessarily from a dance heavy album, but could have at least brought this up to a certain degree had they had more ... read more
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : MISSING U, BECAUSE IT'S IN THE MUSIC and HONEY.
InModeration
The dance synth beats on Honey are produced with a discernible amount of color, but the tracks as a whole come across as quite bland and unimpressive. The melodies are relatively tepid. I just didn't find this album all that interesting.

Lyrics & Themes: 6/10
Performance: 7/10
Arrangement: 5/10
Sonic Palette: 7/10
unproductiveman
An artist that has always passed me by. Caught this album by accident. Starting playing and the hook was in.

Real forward momentum to ever track, dragging you on to the next. Honey and Never Again caught my eye first listen.

A real joy to listen to a 'complete' album rather than a collection of songs.
letitbelau
Between the Lines 60
Beach2k20 40
Ever Again 72
SkyZippr
Given the fact that I'm not quite fond of Robyn's voice, listening to Honey was surprisingly refreshing. Arguably the best pop album of the year.
middleagedmale
In the old days people loved Kylie, now it's Robyn...
Almost worth the wait. Robyn sounds very relaxed and confident.
bydanielaloss
A soft ecstasy full of emotional nuances and sound textures.
The rhythms are warm and detailed and Robyn's voices are more direct than ever.

The best album of 2018!
goncalocouto
"Honey" dá-te arrepios por ser tão bom. Apesar de Robyn estar perante um nível experimental e diferente daquilo que costumava fazer, ela consegue nos apresentar músicas simples, mas profundamente pessoais e emocionantes.
RKanharn
Robyn delivers a funky pop record and although I understand the hype given to his album, I'm not totally on-board with it myself.

Best Tracks: Missing U, Between The Lines, Ever Again.
CLOVDo
Idk why but I get an old school pop vibe, maybe its just so new that it feels old. Honestly nothing really stands out most of the album is pretty chill and dreamy. Its ok.
sumrapsungs

Honey | 9
Between the Lines | 9
Beach2k20 | 7
Ever Again | 8
Probably the most overrated album of the year. Unfortunately, my expectations for this record were tainted by the mass praise it was receiving. It simply didn’t live up to any of the hype around it. This is not to say it is a poor record. It is incredibly sleek, brilliantly produced and well written, however in my eyes this is no masterpiece. It does however slip into my top 50 of the year, defiantly leaving an impression.

Best Track: Missing U- The opener is a light, fluttery house ... read more
One of the greatest pop albums released this decade. so soft, enchanting and inviting. the sound is everything. very mature, sensual and sexy, literally feels as lush as honey. The title track is obviously a "song of the year" contender.
Some good songs but it gets boring fast
You'll never catch me not dancing to any of the tracks
MaxSmitty98
Robyn makes catchy pop music that can thrive in an EDM club.

FAV SONGS:
Missing U, Human Being, Because It's Music, Honey, Between the Lines

LEAST FAV SONG(S):
Beach2k20
cshults
It was a long wait from the release of Body Talk, but it was well worth it.
Juan23
Melon was right. This sleepy af
leonardomacedo
honey 10/10
between the lines 8.5/19
beach2k20 5/10
ever again 10/10
Took her long enough to release this magnificent full studio album after long ass EP after EP. And now she comes for her throne, as one of the pop gladiator of her kind. Fearless, vibrance, almost immortal - the best description of Honey.
The production on this thing is so smooth and sensual and comforting, listening on some good headphones is really pleasant it sounds so full, I think Honey is a very appropriate album title. Perfect listening for an intimate relaxed environment, and I feel like it has just the right amount of sorta quirky sonic intrigue sprinkled throughout.

James Blake - Assume Form
James Blake
Assume Form
Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow
Sharon Van Etten
Remind Me Tomorrow
Deerhunter - Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Deerhunter
Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
The Twilight Sad - It Won/T Be Like This All the Time