Sigh - Heir To Despair
Heir To Despair
TheRootBoy
As much as the textures vibrate and contort through each track in a very avant-garde metal fashion, when the quality sounds too rich, squeaky, and like generic heavy metal, it ends up sounding more like Avenge Sevenfold than it does black metal or visual kei, (visual kei that's exciting to me at least). Heir to Despair is in whole a quirky record, which makes sense for Sigh. Unfortunately, I fall short from being too invested with this thing because of how quirky and everywhere the outside ... read more
Hypnoglitz
Meanwhile...a very good album goes unnoticed/underrated by the aoty community.
Aclockworknoir
Este álbum está muy bueno. Combina muy bien el metal duro con atmósferas de sonidos orientales y atrapantes; donde la duración de las canciones prácticamente pasa desapercibida (en las de más duración). Ni hablar de la ejecución de los instrumentos. Muy muy sólido.
Kal3n
This is the first time listening to this band, and I absolutely loved it. The mix of progressive rock, avant-garde and trash metal, and traditional Japanese music is great.

'AMAZING' TRACKS: Homo Homini Lupus, In Memories Delusional, Hands of the String Puller, Heir To Despair

'GREAT' TRACKS: Heresy I: Oblivium, Heresy II: Acosmism, Heresy III: Sub Species Aeternitatis

'GOOD' TRACKS: Aletheia, Hunters Not Horned

'AVERAGE' TRACKS: -

'NOT GOOD' TRACKS: -
JohnLouisHoward
interesting enough in its own terms, but seems constrained by its framework, where you find yourself thinking "okay, here comes the crunchy guitar part", and then "okay, here comes the syncopated prog guitar part", etc. for a far more raw metal sound amid similar cultural allusions, I think Yamantaka//Sonic Titan does this better, on every level.
JoeyTurncoat
Why hasn't Melon mentioned this masterpiece
fractoledo
It would have been a good album in 2005
Phenomenal work across the board, and easily my favorite metal album of 2018.
rosevean
#1 Aletheia
#4 In Memories Delusional
#5 Heresy I: Oblivium
#8 Hands of the String Puller
itsyahboinoah
My first listen to this band had me intrigued with its traditional Japanese sonic palette mixed with its more heavy prog rock sound made it a fun and interesting listen. The issues that could be discussed with this album can be some of the tracks feeling more stagnant and uninspiring as others. Other than that, this is definitely a solid avant-garde metal album for any fans of the music check this out.
Not one of my favorite Sigh releases. It covers a lot of ground like many of their albums, and is perhaps their most accessible ever, but it just kind of misses the mark for me.
thomasuic
Exotic piece of Metal. The Japanese band is using everything they've learned in the book and applying it cohesively in this record. The longer duration tracks present the highest moments on "Heir To Despair". However, sometimes this album can feel like more of the same.
LilGatorade
Why is this being hyped up so much? One of Sighs worst
notbuzzzila
I get that everyone is going crazy over how fantastic this new Sigh album is, and I...kind of agree. I love Sigh, but for some reason I'm not as hyped about Heir To Despair as everyone seems to be. Don't get me wrong, it's good. I like it. But I like other Sigh albums way, way more.

James Blake - Assume Form
James Blake
Assume Form
Deerhunter - Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Deerhunter
Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow