Muse - Absolution
Absolution
aaron
Another one of Rock music's unsung masterpieces. I'd like to think that had this album received the praise it deserved, Muse would have continued to develop their sound while continuing to create the complex basslines, piano crusades and guitar solo's even jimi hendrix would blush at. Instead we have what we have.
ItsJustArcherr
This is probably one of the greatest rock albums of the 2000s. The album incorporates impactful themes of mistrust and uncertainty, fear, and 'stuff that will soon come to an end.' The album not only has great lyrics and great vocal performances by Matt Bellamy, but it also has great and memorable production and instrumentation. Songs like Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria has awesome and memorable melodies that get stuck in my head and comes in mind every now and then. This album is just a ... read more
MusicSucks
Absolution features some of muse's most theatrical tracks, like Apocalypse Please, Sing for Absolution, Blackout and Ruled By Secrecy, some of their best rock songs, like Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome, and even some hints on their change to a more electronic dance sound, like Time is Running Out, Butterflies & Hurricanes and Endlessly.
As with most of Muse's albums, this is a good listen that gets old too quick.
Stellar riffs (especially the bass work in Hysteria), great vocals and interesting songwriting make “Absolution” Muse’s greatest achievement! (?)

Fav Tracks: Hysteria, Time Is Running Out, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Stockholm Syndrome, Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist, Sing For Absolution, Falling Away With You

Least Fav Track: The Small Print

Score:
Outstanding
Great album, I like the dark vibe
Cobalt
My favorite album of all time, that may affect my score a bit but I just really love this record
MiaWatterson
Great album, I like the dark vibe
Not only is the home of some of Muses best tracks, it's also the start of the bands love for conceptual works, describing the end of the world itself. From loud rock bangers to more subtle poppy endevours, it's a great Muse album.

Favorite jams: Stockholm Syndrome, The Small Print, Blackout

Lest Favorite: Intro
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : TIME IS RUNNING OUT, STOCKHOLM SYNDROM, HYSTERIA and BUTTERFLIES AND HURRICANES.
Songsearcher1
The second in the three-home-run streak that Muse had in the span of 5 years, Absolution shows it absolutely deserves the title. Firstly, so many damn standouts occur on this album. The ending does get a bit muddled in terms of memorability, with unnecessary, slower-songs, but the rest of the album is a pure joyride. It does fizzle in different directions a bit more than Symmetry, but I don’t this s a bad thing whatsoever. A necessary listen for anyone even remotely interested in the ... read more
This album is imo the closest Muse has gotten to a masterpiece. OoS and BH&R are close, but this is an amazing record front to back. The thrilling piano on Apocalypse Please, to the breathtaking Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria, to the great hooks on Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist and Sing For Absolution, this record has very few downfalls, outside of a slightly weak second half, with the forgettable Endlessly and Ruled By Secrecy (yes ik the latter is considered underrated but its just not ... read more
notbuzzzila
Muse were at the peak of their golden years at this point, and it shows. Absolution is one of their most essential albums, and a strong starting point for anyone looking to get into their catalog.
Bjartolini
Amazing and Powerful, One of the best albums of our time
Fav Tracks: Apocalypse Please, Time is Running Out, Sing For Absolution, Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria, Blackout, Butterflies and Hurricanes, The Small Print, Endlessly, and Ruled by Secrecy
Definitely one of Muse's best albums.
ipod044
In what is Muse’s best album, they take the best parts of Origin of Symmetry and expand on them. The album flows great, the instrumentals are fantastic, and Matt Bellamy’s voice is soaring.
Tielur
Probably their best album to date.
kappachino
Friggin beautiful foot fetish music
bastosjose
Fav Tracks: Time Is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome
Absolute_Madman
A lot of people consider this album the band's best, and I can understand that. The record is musically competent and the song writing does have its shining moments, but Matt Bellamy tries so hard to be epic and deep that he comes off as incredibly pretentious. There's plenty to like on this album, but it's not as enjoyable as "Origin of Symmetry"

7/10

Best Track(s): Stockholm Syndrome, Hysteria
Worst Track: Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
KiteMan
This is definitely my favourite Muse album. Time Is Running Out has become my favourite Muse song. The guitars and drums on this album are great, and it’s just an overall great rock album.

Favourite Tracks: Time Is Running Out, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Stockholm Syndrome

Least Favourite Track: Ruled By Secrecy
jandals
Its fucking great okay? People need to accept this is fucking great.
EntryIncomplete
This says a lot about a society.
Vitaminchick
A very piano based album comparing to their last one. I like the compositions on this album and matt's voice sounds even stronger on this album.
lol.
aronmace
This band is just a blatant rip off of radiohead, but I do remember liking this album in 9th grade (right now I just stared 9h grade))
M3GAWATT
Maybe I have nostalgia goggles on but this album is such a part of me that I can't imagine a life where I haven't heard this album. The songs that are heavy hit really hard and the songs that are beautiful are ethereal. I really can't say a bad thing about this album. When I think of a "least favorite" on the album nothing comes to mind. Every song has their unique place on this project. Writing this review just makes me want to listen to it right now.

The album starts very strong ... read more
PaulyZ
TRACK LIST:

Intro / Apocalypse Please (8.0)
Time Is Running Out (10.0)
Sing For Absolution (8.8)
Stockholm Syndrome (7.3)
Falling Away With You (8.0)
Interlude / Hysteria (9.0)
Blackout (7.0)
Butterflies & Hurricanes (9.5)
The Small Print (7.0)
Endlessly (8.0)
Thougts Of A Dying Atheist (8.0)
Ruled By Secrecy (6.0)
Fury (6.8)
Quite varies in overall song quality, ranging from inventive and interesting to weakly written and quite unimaginative tracks.

Best: Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes
Worst: The Small Print, Endlessly, Apocalypse Please
CheapandLethal
Decent
Really good. Definitely worth a listen.

Injury Reserve - Injury Reserve