Soilwork - Verkligheten
Verkligheten
jordymusic
Nice to acquire some more barely passable background metal to add to my barely passable background metal collection.
notbuzzzila
Probably my favorite metal album of 2019 so far. I thought Children of Bodom's album would be 2019 Melodeath AOTY, but Verkligheten is giving CoB a run for their money.
My biggest problem with this album is the fact that it is incredibly forgettable. Sure, everything sounds pleasant and the performances are great, but absolutely nothing stands out. The album utilizes the loud/soft dynamic so often it becomes a joke. Still, a pretty decent record and I kinda got what I was expecting.
While I’m still not a fan of some of the elements of Soilwork’s music, and there are so many cheesy moments here, I can’t help but feel like when this album is good, it’s one of the more adventurous releases in a while from the band.

Give A Listen To: “Arrival”, “Full Moon Shoals”, “When The Universe Spoke”, “The Wolves Are Back In Town”, “The Ageless Whisper”, “You Aquiver”

Least Favorite Track: ... read more
OffTrackReviews
In preparation for the concert of Amorphis and Soilwork last Saturday, I listened to Verkligheten, which only came out a day before. It didn’t hit me at first. I sure liked it, but it wasn’t that special to me. When I came back to it a day after the show I was stunned. Soilwork does so much right on this record, riffs, drums, vocals, production, it just sounds great. Swedish melodic death metal is still alive and kicking and I can’t get enough of it.

After the intro track, ... read more
Absolute masterpiece. The proof that heavy metal can also have beautiful melodies even at its highest power. Such a great moment of noisy perfection, feeling this huge meteor of sound crushing me. Makes me want to conquer the world.

Fav: Witan
ieatcheesepie
its just like every other shitty and not creative metal album. but with a little... but veeery little bit of creativity.

James Blake - Assume Form
James Blake
Assume Form
Sharon Van Etten - Remind Me Tomorrow
Sharon Van Etten
Remind Me Tomorrow
Deerhunter - Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Deerhunter
Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
Maggie Rogers - Heard It In A Past Life