Ian William Craig - Thresholder
TheRootBoy
Ian William Craig constructs an operatic sound building his voice inside the mechanical vibrations. This is contemporary art. The soundtrack of a man-made outer space.
Every track of this album:
1. quite distortion
2. building vocals/strings/synthesizers to climax
3. Wall of noise
4. Repeat

Not saying it's bad though, this formula has it's moments. Not really my cup of tea though.
CheapandLethal
Fairly Uninspiring
ChrisMan
I was expecting to hate this album but I found myself actually getting into it. The constant noise that it bring gives off this hopeful and scarier feeling like you never know what is going to happen. But after the 15 minute mark I started to fell bored with it. But If you have never listened to ambient music before I would give this a try but it’s definitely not for everyone
rika_
not too long ago, i probably would have been incredibly bored by this, but as i've grown to enjoy various ambient albums more and more, this one was obviously no exception. with its relatively short length, i never felt like any track was particularly dull, as they all flow together seamlessly and create a beautiful experience. it's not outstanding or anything, but i like it.
laz456
Emotional, captivating, textured ambient that I cannot stop listening to. Every song adds to the experience, every moment feels essential. This is for me a personal favorite ambient album of the decade and definitely my favorite ambient album of the year.

Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water