Slayer - South of Heaven
South of Heaven
Another great album by Slayer. South Of Heaven shows the band going in a different direction after the success of Reign In Blood, and personally I like it.
A few complaints I have is that I do think that a few tracks didn't really need to be here. Songs like Live Undead and Behind The Crooked Cross felt like nothing more than just filler to me.
Also, whilst I still absolutely adore the instrumentals, I do think the vocals are fairly uninteresting here, and honestly I think they are at their ... read more
Silver
I like this new direction the band took after Reign in Blood. The music feels way more focused and not just some thrasher dudes trying to play as fast as possible while praising Satan. However, it still suffers from some indistinguishable songs, but a decent record, regardless.
Praesent
The title track is better than most of the album. Most of the songs lie around ok and meh-tier, except for Mandatory Suicide, Dissident Aggressor and Spill the Blood. Slayer took a step in a direction away form the critically acclaimed Reign in Blood, which was probably a smart move.
kappachino
Felt like there were too many fillers

Injury Reserve - Injury Reserve