Helado Negro - This Is How You Smile
This Is How You Smile
Helado Negro's new record is a small, intimate album flecked with nostalgic sounds and poetic lyrics. He utilizes a range of electronic and acoustic elements to produce delicate sonic tapestries that help create a reflective tone for the duration of the album. The blend of sounds and languages could feel disjointed, but the strength of this album is the way he arranges these elements to form songs that feel like memories.

The first song is the perfect blend of intimacy, reflective nostalgia, ... read more
laz456
It's alright. A few powerful moments but that's about it. I wanted the whole album to sound more like the opening track.
doctorchair
The true soundtrack to Roma.
goncalocouto
"This Is How You Smile" is deep and emotionally powerful.

✅ Fantasma Vaga | Pais Nublado | Running | Todo Lo Que Me Falta | Two Lucky
BuddhaBuddha
Quiet, spacey and beautiful. This whole album feels like a warm fuzzy blanket
"Brown won't go, brown just glows"
so sweet, so kind. truly beautiful
Damn this guy's voice is like silk. I play this this record every night to help me sleep.
bielsucker
achei a sonoridade boa, mas nada que marcou muito a musica
NervousYoungMan
Atmospheric, spacey and calming
BonoLightier
There is something quite captivating about this record. It sounds familiar but alienist; nostalgic, but futuristic. It's quite the journey.
Corey_Larkin
This Is How You Smile, provides listeners with a warm and lived in respite from the pains that ail us all. The combination of swirling synth tones, gently finger picked acoustic guitar, and Roberto Lange's romantic and inviting lead vocals offer a chance for you to fall in love with the subtleties of being alive. Lange's personal background and heritage are in the foreground on many songs and are based foundationally in an ethos of humanism that make the album easily relatable and adds to its ... read more
max2k
What a stunningly gorgeous gem!
Fabi
very calming project, glad i gave it a try!

fav track: Running
lukassantiago3
"This Is How You Smile" is a powerful statement inside of creator's intimacy. It's a stunning trip inside of the melodies.
hayes37
This album has done nothing but grow on me from my initial listen. I kept coming back to it because of the excellent opening track (plus that dope cover), and upon repeated listens, I have found a lot more enjoyment for this then before.

I love the blend of folk, electronic, and art pop worked on all these tracks. It gives a very nostalgic and personal feeling to the record, like reconvening with an old friend you haven't seen in a while. Each track feels so delicate, making the entire ... read more
This album is like a warm blanket of emotion, from Helado Negro's welcoming and comforting voice to the beautiful synths and guitars. Wonderful record, will expect to see it on my end of the year list.
turtle_muffin_
Helado Negro hits us with a stunningly gorgeous piece of Synth pop, Indie folk, and all sorts of influences to create a captivating mix of melodies and hooks.

Highly recommended.
Running

Least Favorite Tracks:
Fantasma Vaga
and thats it (for now)

I will give this album a few more listens, maybe give it a higher score because it is starting to grow on me, love the vibes that you get because its quite enjoyable
bastosjose
Fav Tracks: Please Won't Please, Running, Seen My Aura
AlexLW_08
▲ Running, November 7, My Name Is for My Friends
Tielur
Very lush, youth filled, and empowering. The poetic nature of this album is at times comforting yet a tear jerker. It almost is like sitting on a bed of clouds while just reflecting on a past life...
qd