Mercury Rev - Bobbie Gentry's The Delta Sweete Revisited
Bobbie Gentry's The Delta Sweete Revisited
LepardRyan
What purpose did this serve? We get some boring, obsolete, Americana album every week now and now another except it's a passable tribute album? The only impressive thing about this is the quantity of recognizable features, but none of them provide a performance that makes any one track stand out.

45/100 (Below Average)
Not a patch on the original but it's got its own thang going on.
ryanreviews
Completely uninteresting and not doing any justice nor putting a new spin on the original. Disappointed is an understatement.
JohnLouisHoward
this should be titled "Reimagined" rather than "Revisited", as it has almost nothing to do with the original in either tone, intent, or setting. the original was an art-folk-pop-country hot mess that worked because of Bobbie Gentry's authentic narrative voice. as scattered a story as it told, it was clearly HER story.

this Reimagining substitutes multiple narrators inhabiting different tonal worlds, so we are already headed down a different path. the results are more ... read more
didney-worl
I just can't believe they got all these incredible singers together on one album.
WildChameleon
Maybe a bit overstuffed, it's difficult to resist with so much good artists here (for someone who doesn't know them, a large part of them release classic to good albums. Except Norah jones, who released 1-2 above average albums to mediocre albums).
DukeEman
Interesting concept that just didn't gel for me. But I'm not sure what phase M.R. are going through at the moment in their musical career, but it seems like the I-don't-give-a-fuck kind of phase as they play around with a classic...

Ariana Grande - thank u, next