ONE OK ROCK - Eye of the Storm
Eye of the Storm
slingshot
Honestly I think this is great, and by great I mean something just clicked for me hearing this. (Sometimes all we need is some fresh air and foolish songs, whatever...) Seriously, I feel that even the subjects here being so common and overdone, they managed to do something that doesn't sound recycled or hypocritical. "Eye of the storm" reminds me the feeling of My Chemical Romance when they were active and I guess that was the key point here, I feel like Might Guy from Naruto ... read more
zanaqi
they really fell off huh
donaldfoss
While the production on this album is admirable, and Taka's vocals do sound more distinct, the lyrics and songwriting are so cliche, on-the-nose, and arguably juvenile that it makes "Eye of the Storm" almost an unbearable listen. Honestly kind of a shame since I was able to find a handful of pretty decent tracks off their last album "Ambitions".

Favorite tracks: Eye of the Storm

Least favorite tracks: Head High, Grow Old Die Young, Push Back, Wasted Nights, Worst In Me, In ... read more
MrsNobody
With such a music style change, you might think One Ok Rock might join others who have failed at such thing, and yet, 'Eye of the Storm' is coherent and might not be what they used to be, but for a pop/rock hybrid it checks out quite well.

Flume - Hi This Is Flume