Grimes - We Appreciate Power
We Appreciate Power
Tebitas
god this sounds fucking awesome
gabbygee
Did Elon Muskrat write the lyrics?
Sweet shitballs in a tin fucking can this is heavy!
Some random thoughts when listening to this: Castlevania! Elon Musk! Kill v Maim 2! Capitulate is an underutilized word in pop music! HANA really does have a beautiful voice! That bridge though! Boots!

I am hoping the album contextualizes this song a bit because I like it, the narrative is just very specific. She continues to make music that sounds like the music she wants to make, which is a huge plus for me. It has piqued my interest!
music is pretty good but I eat up everything Grimes lays her hands on... lyrics are just elon musk effect

7/10 i still love her

EDIT: ISTG MOSTLY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LUKEWARM OR HATE THE SONG ARE RATING THIS BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WHO LIKES IT DON'T WANNA MESS UP THEIR TOP ALBUMS LIST
walcott____
I like the way HANA sings "What will it take to make you capitulate?/Elevate the human race, putting makeup on my face", but the rest was kind of repetitive and boring. The hook's pretty lazy for a pop song and those riffs got old before the track started. It feels like a freaking long Rob Zombie song.
I don't know what exactly I expected from the new Grimes song, but it sure as hell didn't have muted guitar riffs.

We Appreciate Power is Grimes at her heaviest and most sinister, featuring all the darkness of Visions with the same immediacy and power that made the high points of Art Angels so great. Overall, I think this is a fantastic, if a little jarring, evolution for Grimes, and I can't wait to hear what's next.
nemgax
is this grimes way of writing a love song for elon musk or
dyelir
Why tf did she have to go the nu-metal route? Easily the least forward-thinking music she's made, however catchy.
This is the best piece of dogshit music I've heard all year. Elon Musk been smokin'.
fakeplasticrose
b o p
juno
hated it on first listen, but i like it now. still wish it was a bit shorter
matteo
Posthumanist pop metal sign me the fuck up
yeck
BaNGer AleRT!!!
Kanye
I literally can't stop listening to this.
Farlov
Gave it a few listens and now i woudn't mind not ever having to hear it again, and just leave this as a memory that at least Grimes is trying new things and that is good. I didn't hate it at first, but it just became boring and kinda obnoxious with more listens
rykketid
lol this is straight-up a fascist anthem so yall can keep her.
zeyadreda
i'm sold
nebua
I ''appreciate'' her new music.
lovecycles
so fucking happy elon finally let grimes back from her prison in the underworld so she can, once again, deliver to us fairy-filled sparkly heavy songs with demonic & hard productions like these. my favorite elf crackhead <3
Woah, this sounds amazing.
amygoodall
nah mane
¿zero suit samus?
kimseohyun
we stan rock music now
WildChameleon
A bit messy but has its charm ^^
FueledByTacos
The aesthetics/production is sick, but the lyrics are a bit mediocre.

S/o elon musk
Stunning. Dark and heavy. Can’t wait for the new album.
I loved this song so much. I'm hyped for new releases.
deitarei
good
WillSkywalker
fuck yeah! dark electronic metal rocks! Yes, AI will take over this motherfucking world, SUBMIT human race.
This is a really great song, one of my favorite singles from 2018. I'm really not sure why there's so much hate, it sounds so cool
marcopive
nu metal fucking sucks
samfranzini7
love my weirdo queen
cfreemon
If this is what it sounds like when sexbots take over the world then Lord let it happen as soon as possible
This is ai pop