HEALTH - VOL. 4 :: SLAVES OF FEAR
VOL. 4 :: SLAVES OF FEAR
THIS RECORD FUCKING BANGS

Get ready to have your eardrums annihilated nonstop for 40 minutes by the noise/trap banger. This thing is front to back amazing. Filled to the brim with high octane, experimental tracks that absolutely had me floored!

HOLY FUCK, MAN

Favs: PSYCHONAUT, BLACK STATIC, RAT WARS, SLAVES OF FEAR, FEEL NOTHING

Least Fav: NC-17
lomalataus
Industrial Imagine Dragons

Most of the songs just feel like unfinished ideas. NC-17 is clearly the MVP.
SO. MANY. BANGERS.

This album is just balls to the goddamn walls, while still being fun as hell to listen to.

Favorites: Psychonaut, Black Static, The Message

Least Favorites: NC-17, Decimation
pnrs
My one brain cell that likes melody says yes and my other brain cell that likes noise also says yes
Fabi
whoaaaa this is so awesome! go listen to this - NOW!
Oh hell yes. As soon as that noise scared the shit outta me on PSYCHONAUT, I immediately had a goofy smile on my face. This shit FUCKING slaps. In a weird way, this is what I was hoping Bring Me The Horizon's latest record was going to be, but much nosier, fun, punchy and damned interesting. It's got the pop/trap tinged hooks, synths to make it dancable in a dark disco, and the thunderous drums and the heavy bass makes it have a gut punch impact that a record like this should have. It's like if ... read more
laz456
No thanks.
SLAVES OF FEAR is too repetitive to have any real substance

Best Tracks: PSYCHONAUT,FEEL NOTHING,NC-17,THE MESSAGE,RAT WARS,DECIMATION

LOSS DELUXE (7.5)
NC-17 (6.0)
THE MESSAGE (7.7)
RAT WARS (7.2)
STRANGE DAYS (1999) (7.8)
WRONG BAG (6.0)
⭐️FEEL NOTHING
⭐️SLAVES OF FEAR
wyattflowers
Faves: PSYCHONAUT, FEEL NOTHING, RAT WARS, WRONG BAG, SLAVES OF FEAR
HEALTH return with more catchy hooks than ever. The band continues to be one of the more experimental and exciting bands in Noise Rock. It’s one that’s going to be hard to swallow for fans of their early, experimental stuff. But with numerous listens, the deep atmospheres and immense production on this album is really likable.

Give A Listen To: “FEEL NOTHING”, “GOD BOTHERER”, “NC-17”, “RAT WARS”, “STRANGE DAYS ... read more
This is nowhere as scary or intimidating as I expected it to be. Actually it sounds pretty cheap and fabricated. Disappointed at the album. Let it be clear though that Pitchfork is still shit and their opinion is absolute garbage, I don't like this album because of it's disgustingly inoffensive vocals and forced instrumentation...ugh.
TheBravesDH
Where are y'all getting Imagine Dragons comparisons from?!?

This album violated, eviscerated, and pulverized me. And when it's over, I cannot wait to do it again. This thing is basically a 38-minute banger. Some familiar electronic tropes throughout, especially if you dug on industrial. I understand criticism saying it was too samey for them, but I don't care when it's this effective.

Strange that HEALTH was notable enough to get a Pitchfork hitpiece. Pay it no mind. This is similar to ... read more
Is this what you youngins call dubstep?

Favorites: RAT WARS, STRANGE DAYS (1999), SLAVES OF FEAR

Worst: GOD BOTHERER
YESSSSSS! I was looking for another post-industrial/noise rock record and as someone who wants to make music with those elements, this was my cup of tea! "SLAVES OF FEAR" has sounds that got me up from my seat the moment "PSYCHONAUT" came on! It has a lot of great experimental ideas while also combining elements of electropop and trap into HEALTH's sound, which would usually be a turnoff for me. Overall, I really recommend that you give this a shot!

Imma just hop into the ... read more
distraughtonaut
I can appreciate the balance of noise and melody but nothing reaches a climax so you kind of get a headache from boredom, rather than from volume.
Feedme120
This album just sounds like Death Magic again but alot more predictable and boring. I wish the band would push their music in new directions but it's clear that they are stagnating on this one sound
lemuriams
Nothing to do here
We receive what we can expect from Health. Their owns sound with nice electropop melodies disturbed by electro-industrials and variety of noises.
ieatcheesepie
noisy imagine dragons
Claytastic
I did enjoy this project overall, but I couldn't help but get this feeling of incompletion from listening to it. Most are ambient industrial drone tracks with some shoegaze style vocals until the chorus comes and all we get is some wub dubs that create a false "heavy" sound. Though the moments in between these are great and some of the choruses are done pretty well, it just made it feel like I was being misled by the people who told me that this thing was full of bangers.

Best ... read more
luna128
sorry

EDIT: if you guys really want to know my issues with this album, its just that it comes off as incredibly contrived and the entire time i was waiting for the defining moment or even just something interesting to process between my ears but its just the same skeleton track every time. its like Loveless but really boring and infused with the same basic bullshit noise motifs ive already fucking heard.
PatrickL0419
It's basically 38 minutes of boss battle music.

Lil Pump - Harverd Dropout