Helmet - Meantime

Ugh I rated this way too low on my first listen

You ever just go back to a record from years ago and say: "just like I remember!"

Very samey but nothing offensive. One of the few albums I can bang my head to. Gotta feel bad for all these groups who were touted as "the next Nirvana" from major record companies only to be spit out once they made their dough.

SoundOwl

This album is getting a brick slammed into your face.

Riffy, groovy, pummeling, relentless. The solos are blaringly noisey, the bass is rumbly as fuck... and THOSE DRUMS.

My only complaint is the album ends in an anti-climactic way making it feel incomplete. Even still this is a fun and brutal listen, and should be in any metalhead's collection.

FritoRio

The guitar riffs on this album inspired an entire generation of copycats

kenst

Stunning groove!
Personally, I think this work has a greater influence on the birth of nu metal than Pantera.

notbuzzzila

AWWW YEAAHHH

luizHo1

É o pai do Nu metal

NassiriSam98

this made me want to smash my own shit

justrockid

me when the riffs are riffy and shit i dont fuckin know

Favorite Tracks: In The Meantime, Give It, Unsung, Turned Out, Better, FBLA II

FBLA II - 75
Role Model - 80

Destaque: Unsung

frankchen111

Fav track: “In the Meantime”

twwalter

Helmet is an interesting example plucked of 90s grunge. More so of alt metal with grungey flavors, they were never the band record companies were touted to be. However, their sound was incredible influential for the likes of Tool, Tonic and Chevelle who have all arguably made it larger in a mainstream setting than Helmet. There is no denying that this band carved their own sound in a time where there was an urge to be as grungey as possible.

AOTY June Playlist