The Chemical Brothers - No Geography
Started really well, with some amazing danceable tracks but it went down quickly, never really sounding bad, just a uninteresting. Not a highlight in 2019 but it's a good album.
aronmace
but have you heard the salmon dance
"No Geography" is definitely one of The Chemical Brothers' best albums in a while! The flow from track to track is fantastic, the synths are great and the production is just fun to listen (and dance) to! Overall, this is a great return to form for one of the pioneers of the big beat scene!

Fav Tracks: We've Got To Try, Got To Keep On, Bango, Free Yourself, Eve Of Destruction, MAH, No Geography

Least Fav Track: Catch Me I'm Falling

Score:
Outstanding
thomasny18
HOLY SHIT! WTF! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! THIS IS SO GOOD!
Audiohype
Low key excited for this - the 4 singles haven't blown me away individually but they've all been solid and should work well on the same tracklist.

Edit: make that high key excited, no filler unlike many of their more recent albums, this along with Further show The Chemical Brothers as a timeless act.
amygoodall
good
lukassantiago3
"No Geography" reminds us that dancefloor smash hits still alive.
radiofzz
The album starts with a solid mix, my favourite of the 3 being No Geography. From there on, they try out a variety of electronic styles which keep you engaged in the album and waiting to see what they have in store next. My personal highlight of the album is the 3 track period from We've Got to Try to MAH that I can't help but dance to.

Favourites: We've Got to Try, No Geography, MAH, Free Yourself
I think that largely this sound just doesn't appeal to me. It's dance-heavy and well produced but is by no means something I would sit around and listen to in my free time. There were a few tracks that felt a little more substantial and enjoyable, but nothing really blew me away overall.

Favorite track: Gravity Drops
Wow I did NOT expect The Chemical Brothers to still be making music this good. After being disappointed by the last record from their fellow 90s electronic legends The Prodigy (RIP), I didn't have high expectations for the similarly titled No Geography, but I was pleasantly surprised. This record is by no means album of the year material, but it is a really fun and groovy electronic record that makes for a consistently enjoyable listen. I put this record on my headphones during a roadtrip and ... read more
EdFruscley
No geography is an intent to keep on with a particular style in a wrong time, a powerful message of unity with an appropriate spark of irony (No geography with cover art of a war tank and a smiling sky). where is the lack of geography in the unity of people as the lyrics of the homonym song? Or in the consequences of capitalism?. I don't know.
The sound is solid, maybe not brilliant, maybe not the best, but you can't ask anything of it. A calculated risk, and maybe that is my best summary. A ... read more
On this ninth studio opus, built as a concept-album, the Manchester combo finds A LITTLE groove of his youth. On a certainly monotone tempo, the pieces are linked without breaks. The robotics "Eve Of Destruction" immediately imposes its frantic pace. The musical recipe has not changed fundamentally, but the duo integrates enough ingredients to keep the ensemble attractive and very pleasant to listen to. The album obviously contains his hit unstoppable, the agitator of crowds "Got ... read more
VividAids
i love this genre and style of bass heavy electronica, but so many of these songs are hit or miss. In true fashion, the first track, Eve of Destruction is an incredibly start, but quickly, The Chemical Brothers lose track of their sound and produce some annoyingly monotonous dance tracks.
NothingToDoubt
The best Chemical album in this decade, they come with that surprise factor that they have lost. This thing sounds really explosive and hypnotic, even the song transitions are just like if you are in a concert or a festival, I love the first half.
noonoo97
The album before this one was there worst least focused album. But this really shines and shows the chemical brothers can still groove. Making the best big beat electronica of all time still after 20 years. Some of the vocal samples are still a bit messy and some songs like Free yourself im not keen on but overall a really solid album. Bango, No geography and got to keep on work really well as a 3 song combo together. Bangos progression is really impressive and shows the chemical brothers can ... read more
Fabi
their best work since Surrender
Jer
And out of nowhere comes The Chemical Brothers (Whom i've never been a huge fan of) with one of the strongest releases of 2019. It's a high energy no stop love letter to the 90s and I cant get enough of it.

Plus the artwork is some of the best of the year too
cipater22
Top album, one of their best in a long time.
taevisk
The first few songs were really good. It fell off tho. At least it didn’t get boring and it was a fun listen.

Highlights include Bongos and No Geography
We've Got to Try 84
Free Yourself 76
MAH 78
Catch Me I'm Falling 78
While this is still a far cry from where this duo began years ago, and isn’t nearly as groundbreaking, The Chemical Brothers sound like they’re having fun. It’s filled with strong grooves, influences in Disco and Electro Funk, and great production. There sadly still is a lot of the same obnoxious ventures that made me lose interest in these guys to begin with, but this is a very safe Electronic album with a handful of great tunes.

Give A Listen To: “Eve of ... read more
Now, I'm not particularly a fan of rave music, but I have listened to and loved The Chemical Brothers in the past. I felt the second half of the album didn't feel so on-theme as the first, or maybe it's the other way around. The first half had a sort of funk feel, whereas the second felt way more electronic and what I would call rave.

I would have wished for more songs, since I don't think there were enough to effectively tell a coherent narrative or paint a full picture of their vision. They ... read more
As good as you could reasonably expect a Chemical Brother’s album to sound in 2019 - this is more consistent than ‘Surrender’ too so I’d only really place it behind the first two albums.

So why a 50-64% NR for this? I’m just not a huge fan, I’m a meany with ‘Dig Your Own’ sitting on a 74% and ‘Exit Planet Dust’ stuck on a 72% - this is a solid 10-20% weaker than those two. Sorry.
Duven
While this album provides many fresh new ideas for the duo, many issues with vocal samples and strangely paced songs leave an empty space where this album should have shone.
Okay I know Ill get hate for this one but I found this album to be gross
heitorch
fiquei hipnotizado musicalmente
impressionado

Melhores Músicas: We've Got to Try, Eve of Destruction
ChuckActuary
Definitely catchy and pop filled at points, but overall a bit underwhelming. Don't think I'll revisit more than once or twice.
It's not without its low points, mainly the substance-starved "Bango" and the corny "Free Yourself," but this album is otherwise filled with some incredibly well-done, varied dance tracks that seek to be more than just something for passive listening. This album is surprisingly beautiful in places, like the closer "Catch Me I'm Falling" and "The Universe Sent Me." Easily The Brothers' best album since. Further.
AlexLW_08
▲ Eve of Destruction, Bango, We've Got to Try, Free Yourself, Catch Me I'm Falling
Love this album
FeelsRijoMan
i had nothing to do and decided to listen to this. it's good but i don't really dig EDM that much. i'll listen to it again 2 or 3 more times maybe
6degrees
There's something about this album that I really can't get behind fully, but still mostly impressive. C+
No Geography is The Chemical Brothers best album in a decade

Best Tracks: Eve of Destruction,Bango,No Geography,Gravity Drops,The Universe Sent Me,Free Yourself,MAH
Worst Track: Catch Me I'm Falling

We've Got to Try - 8
Free Yourself - 10
MAH - 10
Catch Me I'm Falling - 9
A Return to Form, in every sense of the phrase. Certainly better than We Are the Night, Push the Button, and Born in the Echoes, possibly as good as Come With Us or Further, obviously not quite to the heights of Surrender, Exit Planet Dust, or Dig Your Own Hole. The album flows seamlessly from start to finish, with the strongest moments, being of the deep cut variety.
DalekTurret32

Bango (7.3)
No Geography (7.4)
Got to Keep On (8.0)
Gravity Drops (7.4)
The Universe Sent Me (7.8)
We've Got to Try (8.5)
Free Yourself (8.3)
MAH (7.0)
Catch Me I'm Falling (7.0)
Very solid! 100% better than born in the echoes
Best Chems album since the 90's!

Lizzo - Cuz I Love You