The Script - The Script
The Script
tha138
OK, they started shouting "I wanna feel something unreal" and they used it as the main slogan of their latest musical, campaign but be aware, there's nothing to feel here.
So, leave them alone to feed their obsesion and move on quickly.
HalfsourDyl
The Script's self-titled debut was one of the CDs I owned as a kid. It's a pretty nostalgic listen because of that, but I have to admit that this album hasn't aged well. It sounds really dated to the late 2000s and is really derivative of bands like Coldplay, Keane, or The Fray. It doesn't really have the tunes to make up for that. Most of these songs have really weak choruses and instrumentals.

Not all of the songs are duds though. Breakeven is a classic at this point. The Man Who Can't Be ... read more
SebastianWolf
The Script comes through with a thoughtful and heartfelt debut album. It biggest flaw lays in how clean everything feels. Way too many songs leave little to no impact, and the listener is often left thinking “okay?...”. With that said, the album is more good than bad, and the first half is actually pretty decent.
I'm torn with the song If you see Kay. It's an okay song but very weak compared to the ones that came before it. And I'm yours really doesn't fit with the rest of the album for me.

The Microphones - Microphones in 2020