Dermot Kennedy - Dermot Kennedy
Dermot Kennedy
FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, CAN WE HAVE A DECENT RELEASE THIS WEEK?
jordymusic
Boring, exhausting, repetitive and sanitized folk-pop. Dermot has a fairly good voice but really no sense of style and nothing of worth to say. And I dont have much of worth to say about this other than you've surely heard something exactly like this before and you're probably wasting your time listening to it.
I haven't had an album grab me and hold me under like this for a long time.
Every song is lyrically brilliant, and topped with amazing Irish Soul vocals. The end of each song leaves you wondering what could possibly come next, and I was never disappointed.
Putzcecela
Couldn't Tell- 2/10
After Rain- 8/10
Shelter- 1/10
DukeEman
The first album that came up on my Spotify release radar for 2019 and it's from the passionate modern folk Irish lad who gives it his all and it got me at a most vulnerable time...
luisdelrey2016
Despite Dermot Kennedy's self-named record feels somewhat cringy and overwhelmed, a likeable monotony streams on the lifetime of listening ends up to vanish with the odd vocal performance and the soft accoustic part. How bad and hard is to find something memorable to this, when every now and then there are similar releases, obligating someone harshly to forget it.

FAVS: Power Over Me, An Evening I Will Not Forget, Young & Free, All My Friends, A Closeness, Shelter
LEAST FAV: Couldn't Tell
snovelle
What is wrong with this Ireland Guys?
They have strong voices but keep screaming with no apparent reason. Dermont Kennedy is an "Angrier Hozier".
Listen one track a day or you will get exhausted.
'Dermot Kennedy' is an interesting album to say the least. First off, the vast majority of the album is just a collection of previously released material from earlier EPs or over two-year-old songs. Indeed, if you're counting the lead single "Power Over Me," the 12-track album only has three new songs not previously released commercially. So that itself may be disappointing towards the fans, but for the purpose of reviewing this album, I approached it as if I was a first time listener ... read more
Dermot Kennedy's first album just sounds like another James Arthur. Only song I liked was Glory.
BM5X5
Thought the first song was nice, then it went downhill from there
mbertels
That might be a bit too high, even. If you have nothing nice to say...
Juhmikay
Some very solid songs, which in isolation are fantastic, but as a piece of work the album is a little tiring to digest beginning to end.
Slightly boring and unimaginative, but inoffensive. I probably wouldn't listen to any of the tracks again. He is kind of conforming to fit in with recent monotonous chart-toppers like James Arthur and Lewis Capaldi which really shows on about 3/4 of the album.

Best Track - Glory

Ghettobaby
Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising
Weyes Blood
Titanic Rising
Billie Eilish - WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
Billie Eilish
WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?