Yak - Pursuit of Momentary Happiness
Pursuit of Momentary Happiness
rosevean
Going to make another rough leap but, no noticeable leap forward.
And I can't get rid of the feeling that it's shabby than first Album

#2 Fried / #7 White Male Carnivore
#8 Pay off vs. the Struggle / #10 Layin' It on the Line
puzzlemoon
É meu primeiro contato com a banda e eles me lembraram muito uma versão mais punk/agressiva dos tempos de ouro do Arctic Monkeys lá nos primeiros álbuns deles. É um álbum bem forte e isso as vezes se tornava chato pra mim, mas fora isso, é um álbum com baladas EXCELENTES e "Pursuit Of Momentary Happiness" é uma faixa que exemplifica muito isso (sério, pense numa MÚSICA DE CORNO fedendo a uísque). ... read more
A la mitad me mató, creí que iban a repuntar pero nope.
myloveiscool
Drawing similarities from MGMT and Cage the Elephant, Yak have released a winding and at times energetic indie rock album. It lacks consistency and often doesn't jump between sounds elegantly enough but this is still an impressive effort.

Standouts: Words Fail Me, Pay off vs. the Struggle.

6.8/10. Very decent.
Yak comes back with another nice combination of garage rock, psychedellic and Punk. While I enjoyed this album it didn't feel like the huge step forward from their last album Alas Salvation that I was hoping for.

Favorite songs: Fried, Payoff vs. the Struggle, Layin it on the Line
scott96k
Deserves more credit
If the Happy Mondays were in reincarnated as MGMT devotees who grew up on stoner 70s hard rock.
So far, I do appreciate their abrasive tone although I can't help but think that this is nothing too innovative. Also, some songs are borderline annoying, whilst others are actually much grander additions to the garage rock formula like Bellyache.

Ariana Grande - thank u, next