Gesaffelstein - Lost In The Fire
Lost In The Fire
andreassheerio
Gesaffelstein brings some amazing production and The Weeknd as always brings amazing vocals and some basic but still decent lyrics.
I'm glad this doesn't sound good because that second verse makes me fucking mad.
ryanreviews
Production is good but just a bit bland and one of Abel’s least inspired songs in a while.
ieatcheesepie
the production is great but the weekend just ruin it while trying to make it a radio hit.
tonymontana
🎶 Cause I could never be the one to hide one 🎶

👶
I mean, Gesaffelstein’s production is great and Abel’s vocals are amazing as always. But the lyrics are fucking atrocious and his contribution to the song is generic. Also, what the fuck is that second verse?!?! Like, holy shit!
pkrangermon
fuck this song straight into the trash
ethan3lp
I like the instrumentals (though it is very close to being loopy through the verses), but the Weeknd really doesn’t do much good for the song to be honest. Nothing superbly notable about it to be honest.
TheDankestMeme
Nice but nothing special
KnifeTrick
While The Weeknd's show his great vocals, the song really doesn't go anywhere. The production sounds above average and the song's direction was just bland and mediocre at best.
ColinAndrews
As someone who has been a pretty big fan of the Weeknd on the majority, if not all, of his outputs, this song simply didn't do it for me. The soul that is often heard in his voice simply wasn't there, for a song where the lyrics require just that.

However, the production is very interesting and smoothly executed, which definitely piqued my interest. Alas, to the dismay of Gesaffelstein, a song like this is a two way street, where both sides must be upheld.

Abel's tonality is super fucking on ... read more
Audiohype
I can see Gesaffelstein making a radio hit concession for exposure, especially after featuring on The Weekend's EP last year, but I can't say I was blown away by 'Reset' either. Slightly concerned about the quality of this album now.
You've heard this before. It's like a generic The Weeknd track with Gesaffelstein's name attatched. There is some sort of interesting percussive things going on, I suppose.
sumrapsungs
Nothing awesome, just correct.
MrMclainy