The Cactus Blossoms - Easy Way
dearsongs
After seeing this band perform on Twin Peaks: The Return, I thought enough of them to seek out this new album. The Cactus Blossoms are two brothers from Minneapolis, writing and singing original songs that sound mostly like lost Everly Brothers tunes. Think Everly Brothers/Roy Orbison/Simon & Garfunkel. Solid solid album, hard to find faults with these songs.

Dan Auerbach has co-writing credits on a few tracks.
daFigz
Comparing the Cactus Blossoms to the Everly Brothers makes perfect sense. This Minneapolis duo [brothers, no less] certainly meld Pop construct, Country vibes along with simple, clean production with confident aplomb, much the same way the Everly Brothers were able to achieve. This is especially true of their rich harmonies which are quite reminiscent of Phil & Don giving this LP a derived from/inspired by signature stamp. Blah, blah, blah. Frankly, after reading th AllMusic Erlewine ... read more
While there's definitely a country influence, their style reminds me of the formative years of rock. It's an enjoyable listen for something that's right on the edge too niche (I enjoyed the listen but struggle to come up with what situation I'd pull it back up for).

Lizzo - Cuz I Love You