Sungazer - Sungazer, Vol. 2
Sungazer, Vol. 2
5 songs. The art work drew me in. Sounds like adult contemporary music on psychedelics. Is there such thing as Vaporwave Contemporary Jazz? It's refreshing. Very approachable compositions with an updated sonic palate. Can't really tell how much of the instrumentation is live and how much is digital.
ChukPizel
This was pretty insane, I was impressed how it combined all of this elements from other genres to work with this chiptune sound, these guys should collab with Death Grips man, or some Peggy. (Yes I used Peggy and Death Grips in the same sentence, deal with it)
MattHeigi
make sure the vocals and synths are on the same key
ChrisMan
A fantastic mix of jazz and electronica. This is an extremely entertaining EP. It's really just something you have to listen to understand.

Best song: Bird on the Wing
Worst song: Ostinato
I really enjoy this project, nothing too substantial, but an interesting insight into their style. I love this jazzy vapor wave sound that they have created, also the very off beat and left filed percussion and melodies created are intriguing instead of boring. This is defnitely worth a listen, I see alot of potential, if they manage to harness more convincing vocals, they could create some music with some more meaning. But for what this is, an EP to show off their musical talents, it is near ... read more
This was an exhilarating EP. I enjoyed the blend of Jazz and electronic on multiple songs. As well as the drumming on all five tracks. This is a very unique and worthwhile listen.
Jonathan00
I loved the experimatencion that is played in this EP
Chadless
“Sungazer, Vol. 2” is a very entertaining and occasionally mind-bending electro jazz EP that hooks you in with its complicated instrumentation and exceptional production. The only flaws that I have with the project is its repetition: Sometimes, the album doesn’t feel as versatile as it could be, even though there’s only a few tracks.
But overall, the EP impressed me, and it stands out on its own as a very unique jazz album. I hope the duo continues making more music, ... read more
MusicSucks
Interesting combination of jazz and dubstep (?) elements making for an interesting experience.

I would suggest checking Adam Neely's (the bassist here) youtube channel if you haven't yet and are interested in music theory.
DukeEman
Get some electronica jazz fusion madness into ya with the final two crazy tracks a standout...
liammenzies
Sungazer play things fairly safe on this sophomore volume but there are more than enough interesting moments and highlights to warrant a listen if you've never experienced their work before.
Tebitas
Intresting take on jazz and electronic music, I do wish they took more risks on the experimentation but overall it was pretty entertaining and fun to listen to.
Very positive ride on IDM-based wonky hop. A lot of fun on this EP.
PatrickL0419
Fairly interesting listen, although some moments have the tendency to descend into kitsch a bit (Electro).
That's something new for me. Very interesting experiment. I will back to this album for sure.
While the songs on here are very musically impressive, groovy, and odd, I can't help leaving with a feeling of, "that's it?" There aren't enough differing songs on hear to leave an emotional punch. However, I can't wait until sungazer attempts a more ambitious project.
Sappy
Top Favorite: Bird On The Wing
Other Favorites: Drunk, Electro, Why We Fight
Least Favorite: Ostinato
dlspslb
cool little concept going on here, very decent
Just because your music is weird an experimental doesn't mean it's automatically good. It's interesting and technically impressive but it's not that enjoyable or memorable.

Favorites: Ostinato, Electro

Worst: Drunk
Flying Lotus meets Chiptune: I definitely wanna see this guy work as a producer with some vocalists or rappers, I feel like we could see some really interestng songs

Ariana Grande - thank u, next