Help Support AOTY
The Horrors - Luminous
Luminous
They're still horrible. Get it? Get it? What I don't get is the critic score.
lemuriams
Hahahahahahahahahhahaha EVERYONE CHANGE RATINGS, BECOUSE PITCHFORK GIVE 6.7 hahahahahaha STUPID PEOPLE WITHOUT HEADS.
Misstep
Houdanny
Well this album has aged very badly lmao. I mean it's always been my least favourite Horrors album, mainly because the change in sound here feels incredibly forced, but the issues with boring production and lacklustre songwriting is glaringly obvious. It's a shame because the ideas of incorporating disco and psychedelia could have put a great twist on their blend of post punk and shoegaze, but I think ultimately these plans got lost in translation.

The opening song shimmers with layers of ... read more
snarekickblues
Best Track: Chasing Shadows or Jealous Sun
Worst Track: Mine And Yours
Most Overrated Track: First Day Of Spring
Most Underrated Track: Sleepwalk
tha138
Gothically groovy and psychedelically hazy, this is how mainstream rock music should sound: squarelly produced to conquer the world!
cwmDJ
indie rock, the songs are all quite good but it is nowhere near as good as Skying, their previous album, disappointing
raymon
The Horrors made a very solid album. This isn't one that I will call a masterpiece but it is a rewarding listen.
Xenakis
Maybe the best album Echo & The Bunnymen/Simple Minds/Psychedelic Furs never made. This is a sound that's been mined constantly over the last ten years or so, but there aren't many other examples that do better.
Creator R-Zita
Beautiful vocals and beautiful music. "Luminous" is a radio-friendly album with elements of indie rock,electronica,posp-punk and other genres!
ElOsoPolar_
Diferente, una buena banda se caracteriza por poder manejar y cambiar su sonido sin quitarles su escencia, Como las tradicionales intros que le ponen a sus canciones (Chasing Shadows),poco de shoegazing (Jealous Sun) y mucha Neo-Psychedelia (Falling Star, First Day of Spring)y un tema medio mainstream (So Now your know) De los mejores discos del año
best tracks: Chasing Shadows/ I See You / Sleepwalk
JustinSlick
I was close-but-not-quite on board with Skying, but I think they've finally gotten through to me with this one. Truth be told, nothing yet this year has really blown me away, but this is pretty good. Not Tame Impala good, but good nonetheless.
Guigss
Less strange and peculiar, but far more touchable and cerebral than the records they´ve already made. Good job!
Absolutely breath-taking record. The intro is beautiful and one of my favorite tracks of the year.
Best album sofar this year. Some of the songs will be listened to many years into the future
TomViolence

Pang
Angel Olsen - All Mirrors
Angel Olsen
All Mirrors
Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 2)
Foals
Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost (Part 2)
Big Thief - Two Hands