Tim Hecker - Anoyo
Put your synths in the air
And act like you don't care

*starts playing Tim Hecker*
minecraf
Great

Never heard a single work from this guy, so I don’t know if his other stuff is like this, but I would hope so! This album is as sparse and dense as the album cover itself, and it made me feel like I was either floating in space or in one of those sensory deprivation tanks. Felt like my bed was shaking and levitating. Pretty cool feeling!

Color: Blue
FAV TRACKS: That world, Step away from Konoyo, You never were, Into the void
LEAST FAV: Not alone
aaron
I'm sorry weekend, I fell through a little wormhole in some black sky. Where I listened to "Anoyo" and played some great video-game, lost to to feudal lands, run wild in snow?

Sakura leaves spin days into nights, again black sky. I was roaming through a soundscape that felt like a video game lost to ancient mythology with just sound. Talk about painting a world with sound.

This went from a 79 to a masterpiece reaaaal quick.
(Tim Hecker just needs to score a film at this point or ... read more
It's evident that "Anoyo" is a follow-up to last fall's "Konoyo", from the classical Japanese aesthetics to the tracklist telling a story that continues from the aforementioned album. This is an improvement on its predecessor, which I have to admit was a little inconsistent. The spacious, floaty atmosphere vibes well with the minimalist cover art, the sounds Tim Hecker toys with are organic and diverse and the arrangements are just phenomenal! Overall, this one of the ... read more
For twenty years now, the Canadian Tim Hecker has been interacting with sound material through his albums, starting mostly with a concept, an image. After his very successful album "Konoyo", Tim Hecker shows here a clearer and less tortured facet. The album "Anoyo" having been recorded during the same Japanese sessions as "Konoyo", it relies on the same bases as the latter. We are here again dealing with the reinterpretation of a traditional Japanese style, the ... read more
Tim Hecker quickly comes back with yet another well made record after last years smooth and subtle “Konoyo”. His latest record “Anoyo” features one of the lushest and prettiest soundscapes to be released this hear. The record doesnt drag on for too long and is just the right length to be very enjoyable.
yeck
Oh shit the earth is a cube CONFIRM!!!

Anyways this album is better than the last album imo.
Good meditation music
KingKRoolisBack
Minecraft 2 confirmed
A direct sequel to Konoyo recorded in the same sessions, this followup feels more sparser, organic and less engaging but without its striking beauty. Tim wins again for the second time around.
amygoodall
good
please stop saying "tim h*cker", it's tim fucker
Benny
This cover proves that the earth is not round or flat and it a cube,for real tho i enjoyed this album a lot,being a sucker for Ambient music i enjoyed my 39 mins listening to a beautiful ambient album,im gonna check some other Tim Hecker albums some day
asowersby
minecraft lol
Gudetrauma
take that flat earthers

other than that this album is very stark and I like the drones and strings
laz456
YES! I loved parts of Konoyo but the album wasn't super consistent. This however is great all the way through. I love these sounds he's working with here and the atmosphere he's able to create is chilling and unsettling. My only gripe really is with the runtime- a mere 34 minutes that somehow feels even shorter than that. But I guess that's likely why this thing is so solid front to back. Tim Hecker doesn't waste any time or add any filler.

Great album by a great artist.
Cyan
This is a very unique and enjoyable album. Man's a fucking genius.
ryanreviews
Tim simply does not disappoint ever. This record is a great follow up to Konoyo but so much different. Konoyo was very loud and overwhelming whereas this album is much more subtle and carefully assembled. It really feels like one long song with multiple phases and parts which repeat and call back to earlier points on Anoyo. Tim has a special gift for creating some of the most gorgeous and otherworldly music and i hope he never slows down.
okcomputer12127
I love the new Minecraft Soundtrack
luisdelrey2016
Through the 30 minutes length of Konoyo, I find some peaceful ambient tracks I needed to listen to in a very long time. That is why an appreciation for the latest Tim Hacker's record. It might be short, but it really dives me into places I have never been, and I can say those places are beautifully crafted. Sure I see myself returning to this.
holsgr
☆☆☆ ~ Great, respectable work. Even though the whole project doesn't manages the virtuosity and versatility like a majestic album, the overall feeling was succesfully positive on me.
sekubroski
Solid, but nothing standout.
Tim’s latest is a mixed bag to the fullest extent. At times, it reminds us of how he can make so much from so little, and gives us hope that he’ll go back down this way once again in the future. At other moments, it’s a reminder of just how little “Konoyo” left to the imagination.

Give A Listen To: “Is but a simulated blur”, “Step away from Konoyo”, “Into the void”,

Least Favorite Track: “Not alone”

Genre: ... read more
bvrtxk
great
A solid set of ambient pieces from Tim Hecker. The opener and closer are notably ethereal, while the middle tracks range from "solid" to "kinda tedious." Worth listening to just for the wild sound design all over this thing, once again most prominent in That World, with its reversed sounds and mangled choir, and the closer, You Never Were, with its glitchy breakdown and warm, organic outro. This album isn't reinventing the wheel or anything, just some cool ambient that will ... read more
10lawrencej
Very good; listened to straight after Konoyo and the whole thing goes up to an 86.
Hypnoglitz
More clicking, less clicking, I always enjoy the sound space of Hecker.
ktera
That space mod in minecraft has a great soundtrack
ChukPizel
I feel lost in space every-time I listen to this man.

Injury Reserve - Injury Reserve