MARINA - Love + Fear
3. Drake vs. Pusha T
4. Blueface vs. the beat
5. AOTY users vs. Latin electropop fans running bot accounts

6. Soulja Boy vs. Nintendo

edit: although I prefer Fear over Love, as a whole, this record is still a bloated, uninspired mess of electropop clichés that have little to no redeeming qualities.
What the actual fuck. Why does this site have no system to prevent 20 alt accounts giving an album a 100 before it’s out. It’s unreal
DONT MAKE ME SNAP THESE PRETTY PURPLE FINGERS
thomasny18
I see that a few of you MARINA stans are here to drop a 100. Why? What's so good about her music and this album in particular? What am I missing?

Also, I would really appreciate if you could at least check out some people that put so much effort into this website, instead of just going. I'll list a few users down below:

Space Vacation
Emperor of Sound
fakeplasticrose
MiaWatterson
Trey Likes ... read more
cynooo
i was programmed incorrectly help
TBH, Didn't think the first EP was necessary. Adding more shit to an album doesn't make it any better.
MariellyAkarius
- Marina how your user score is high here with this bland album??
- OoooOooOooOranges
There's not much to say about "Love + Fear" that hasn't been said before. There's nothing here that hasn't been done on other pop albums before. Marina did better than this and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

[Love]:

Overall Score:
4.8
MEHRINA
the13thbeach
I don't know why Marina aspired to soundtrack HomeGoods everywhere with this album. These low-fat, gluten-free "bops" aren't it for me.
butzke_lh
There are a few good songs (To Be Human, Believe in Love, Handmade Heaven), but overall it's just a generic album, with generic production and generic songwriting.
tarandos
Many times throughout the record I felt like it was trying too much to be something that it isn't. Pseudo-intellectual deep lyrics over extremely dull and faceless music. An inevitable outcome seeing how many co-writers and producers were on this album.

3/4 songs feel like they were just handed to her by someone else. Not a terrible body of work but her character and contribution come into the picture as mere sneak peaks.

Diamandis is a featuring artist in her own record.
0xiela
this is marina without the diamonds
Okay

Dude I was so ready to go into this record. MARINA has become one of my favorite female artists over the past couple of weeks with her complex melodies on 'The Family Jewels' and the conscious lyrics on 'Froot'. I was hoping that this would be a culmination of everything she had done, but really, I'm very disappointed with its pop formulas and mainstream aesthetic.

The listener can tell that she's trying to become more relevant on the song 'Baby', as she's just trying to weigh in on the ... read more
NarrativeCoffee
I invite AOTY users to give an honest opinion on this album if you are willing to review it of course. Just ignore if there's an invasion, we know that it will be solved anyway. Please don't try to countereact or outweight their scores, and well, have a nice day.

REVIEW:
With these 8 new tracks we can find out the vulnerable side of Marina as a singer, her struggles to move on when everything seems lost and some moral lessons about her experiences with love. For Marina, Fear is what comes when ... read more
erz
Marina's fourth record, as a fellow fan of hers, is a mayor disappointment hidden behind some watered down synth-pop production —that could belong to a Broods latin-influenced hypothetical record— full of cliché lyrics with some occasional pleasant tracks.

Favorite tracks: Handmade Heaven, Orange Trees, End Of The Earth and Emotional Machine.
Least favorite track: You.
Massive no.
The opposite of what Marina is and should be

Best Tracks: Handmade Heaven,To Be Human,Life Is Strange,Emotional Machine
Worst Track: Baby
CherryAndWine
'Love +Fear' just sounds incredibly dull and does not really have any highs, it's rather a let down.
album cover about sums it up
BonoLightier
It's very impressing how she's able to sing about relevant subjects without saying nothing interesting or new at all.
lermontov
pseudo musical shit for pseudo aesthetes
sailoratlantis
A bland, uninspired and lazy piece of pop record. Don't get me wrong, Marina Lambrini Diamandis is a great artist. One of my favorites, to be honest and maybe one of the best of this decade. But it's sad to see how this disaster of a LP could happen in such a short space of time and how an artist who release TFJ could release this.

Orange Trees is an annoying track and could be the worst from all her career. Handmade Heaven, one of the first songs to be released from this record is somehow ... read more
dangerousfoam
I suppose many artists I love have made albums I don't care for, but with many of those I've at least felt like "Well, at least they're trying something different." This... doesn't even have that going for it. There's zero personality and zero experimentation, both of which are the big sellers of all her past records for me. At the same time, I hope this is the album she truly wanted to make because the idea of her cynically succumbing to trend-chasing honestly makes me feel really ... read more
goncalocouto
Marina has proven to everyone in the past albums that she have a great voice and great songwriting skills, but these two items aren't present in "Love + Fear". The sonority is so old-fashioned and the lyrics are cliché.

✅ Superstar | True | Life Is Strange | Karma
sbt82
waste of talent
okcomputer12127
LOVE- 1.5/10
FEAR- 1.4/10
Most people don't agree, but I see growth in this album. It's no longer the fatalist album we've heard before, but a chant in pro of change and maturity. I can't wait to listen to FEAR
ulittlefuckers
greedy fucking bitch. she wants to be popular, but why? instead of improving, she decided to create a commercial shit that still FLOP
Meloetta
Love + Fear is the epitome of trend-chasing in pop music. Whether that was intended or not, that's certainly how it sounds. Besides a select few good songs, the rest are painfully generic and leeching off of the minimalistic sound that currently presides over pop music. Unfortunately, it manages to chase solely after the lowest of lows in generic pop, rather than at least latching on to a sound that's worthwhile.
slingshot
I was never a big fan of Marina until she put out Froot, found that album's experience so ethereal it made me really sit down and try to like everything she has released before. While I listen to Love + Fear I just don't know what happened, it just don't light that sparkle...
At the same time I get why she released a pack of standard pop songs, I can't sleep on the fact that with a few more tweaks on the songs/instrumentals it could turn into a nice thing. L+F isn't the worst album I ever ... read more
wless
As a fan of Marina, I really want to say that I like this, but I can't. Unlike her previous work, Love + Fear is bland, and outright boring for the most part. There are certainly some good tracks on here, but they aren't enough to save it. It's reminiscent of Lykke Li's transition into a mainstream sound—it alienated her fans and wasn't interesting enough to bring in new ones.
virgin
she hastily lifted up her eyes, but though delight still throbbed at her heart, its cause for an instant was forgotten; but the blissful confusion was soon dissipated, and her babe was pressed to her bosom with all the rapture of sober reality. She longed to look at it, but felt almost afraid to remove it from her bosom; but at length she ventured to put it a little way from her, and for the first time contemplated its features. For some moments she regarded it in mute extacy, till tears, such ... read more
Perfection:
Love + fear
Guilhermecritic
Não esperava um álbum pop da Marina, todas as musicas tem a mesma sonoridade. O Fear é muito melhor que o Love mas mesmo assim o álbum ficou péssimo.
PorciniCramps
Oh please, Spotify Algorithm, let’s just forget I listened to this.
Aveces hablo ingles y español.
X. Me da igual.
Hora de la review: El álbum Love es muy repetitivo la verdad. Muy aburrido aveces por reciclar sonidos.
Mientras tanto con Fear no repite los sonidos y Marina busca de una manera reinventarse y no aburre al fin al cabo.
Resultado final: 58/100
Después de 4 años de espera y de su casi posible retiro MARINA nos entrega L+F y no puede ser mejor, este disco te lleva a descubrir emocio es dentro de ti a sentirte feliz y con un aire de nostalgia al recordar ritmos usados en tfj, MARINA siempre me ha acompañado en las etapas de mi vida y L+F no es la excepción este disco embona perfecto en esta etapa de mi vida.
puzzlemoon
Com o 'Love + Fear', a MARINA tentou trazer músicas que abordam várias questões que envolvem nosso interior e relações sociais. O problema é que, conhecendo o histórico de letras impecáveis da cantora, as letras desse álbum ficaram parecendo frases clichês extraídas de algum tumblr sobre resiliência ou sei lá o que. Sem falar que o conceito 'amor' e 'medo' se perdeu totalmente visto que as duas partes do ... read more
PaulyZ
TRACK LIST:

Handmade Heaven (7.5)
Superstar (7.3)
Orange Trees (7.5)
Baby (feat. Luis Fonsi) (7.4)
Enjoy Your Life (7.3)
life is strange
emotional machine
stbs
estevancomn
Como um fã da Marina por quase 10 anos, tive sensações mistas ao escutar este disco. Eu consigo enxergar a tentativa dela de abordar temas que mexem as relações sociais na maioria das canções, mas as letras chegam a ser simples demais e a Marina é conhecida por ser bastante criativa nas composições (The Family Jewels é o exemplo disso). O lado FEAR é completamente superior ao LOVE e é o que salva o disco ... read more
This is just a worse version of Froot. It has the same main topic, self-reflection, but it's tone and lyrics are much, much more pretentious. In fact, the lyrics on this project are the worst of her whole career, not counting her unreleased pre-TFG stuff. Marina throughout always acts as she knows EXACTLY what everyone around her is thinking, espessially on You and Karma, and the rhymes are something an elementary school kid could come up with.
The production has the same synthy vibe as Froot, ... read more
saramlracantora
Out of Marina type of quality. The singer who previously sang songs like "Buy The Stars" and "Immortal", now comes with pathetic and superficial lyrics. The album is boring, no highlight. I am quite disappointed
This album reflects Marina on the best way possible. As a huge fan i can say that this is the most pure and honest album so far. Amazing!!!
Jair
It's not what I was expecting but I'm ok, the only thing I really care about is that she feels happy to share her work with all of us and she does not care about the critics or the succes of the album. I think she has found the path to be truly happy and we can see that on this wonderful work.
I loved Emotional Machine, You, To Be Human, True and Karma; these songs are so deep, you can relate with every single word.
I been waiting for this for 4 years and I'm so Happy about Marina's evolution in the music this is so powerful and bottom. ART LEGEND
MARINA you always give us the best of you, your album is art, this album save me is the only that i need to Be happy, i really love u
THIS, this is art this is what we all diamonds been waiting for. She deserves better.
It's so amazing!!!, I really love it, the sounds, the lyrics are so cute and interesting.
mj04
It's ok at best, End of the Earth is great but most of the other songs are really forgettable. Sadly because she has a great voice.

Madonna - Madame X