Stef Chura - Midnight
Midnight
Sounds so refreshingly 90's with a bolder, dense indie rock tracks and shifting energies chanelling Liz Phair. Produced by Will Toledo of Car Seat Headrest, no wonder this would rank as one of the ferocious rock efforts of the year.
JohnLouisHoward
rocks harder than her debut but lacks a bit of the quirkiness that set her apart. still a very good record and the cover of "Eyes Without a Face" is impeccable.
CheapandLethal
Better stuff out there
WildChameleon
Oh yeah produced by Will Toledo !

I like the energy of the rock tracks, but the entire album is strangely balanced. The energy delivered doesn't have layers of personnality and results with just punchy tracks and nothing else. All the tracks are different and function individualy but in the whole album, one time a quiet track can be between two high energy tracks and another time it can take long time to see one.

One of the best tracks is sweet sweet midnight thanks to toledo addition for a ... read more
KingLukas
She sounds like Julia Jacklin, except not as good... soz... The production from Will is great though as well as the cameo.
laz456
We've heard all this before but that doesn't keep this album from at least being a good bit of fun.
PatrickL0419
With Will Toledo on production!

Although some track really go in and I enjoy the lo-fi nature of the record, a good deal is also your run-of-the-mill tepid indie rock. Chura does have a distinct style all to her own though, it just sounds like it needs to be refined a bit more. Definitely one to continue watching.
Aoaystheory
Stef Chura's sophomore record shows massive improvement from her debut. Produced by Will Toledo, the production is, unsurprisingly, a little on the lo-fi end, which works in favor of the record. Will is also featured a couple of times, which makes "Sweet Sweet Midnight" one of the highlights of the record. Stef's performance here is lovely; there's just enough originality to keep things fresh, but also enough 90's alternative rock nostalgia to get your parents to ask "Who's ... read more
Kuru
Although I didn’t like everything offered to me on this album, I did enjoy the great majority of this project. I read in usedtobe’s review that the album has been produced by Will Toledo of Car Seat Headrest, which explains a lot about the production. It explains the seemingly copious amounts of energy protruding from the instrumentals. After hearing just the first three tracks, I knew I’d like a lot of this album, as they were all different and in the end I knew that it all ... read more
Xristoula
Too much 90’s for 2019
mattgoold
A bit 90s!
winitheju
Had high hopes, but this is pretty uninspiring overall

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Infest the Rats' Nest