Peter Cat Recording Co. - Bismillah
CheapandLethal
Fairly uninspiring
dearsongs
Peter Cat Recording Co. is a New Delhi-based band, playing songs that span several genres but are most easily categorized as 'easy listening'. Where Suryakant Sawhney sings his Lifafa solo project in (what I presume is) hindi, here we find him crooning in English and sounding like Dean Martin or Frank S. I don't know if I like any of these songs as much as Portrait of a Time, but still this is a very solid collection of songs.
TommyCook
Original Rating: 83

Re-Listen Edit: So if anyone has been wondering where I've been for the last week, a couple of different answers. I've been:
1) Busy as fuh with school
2) On the verge of a mental breakdown
3) Celebrating my birthday
4) Re-listening to some of the lower albums on my "Soon to be My Top 50" List

I wanted to start with this one as I was in a good mood the first time I gave this a shot. I was hope it would be hitting different when I wasn't doing so great, and IT ... read more
New Delhi-based band newest effortlessly delivers sumptuous grooves and seductive vocals thanks to its charismatic vocalist Suryakant Sawhney with a familiar sound so deeply rooted in soul, blues and disco that takes you to a different era and time. Let's grab some dancing shoes and slow dance the night away.
jeetygt
I've loved this for an incredibly long time and it just keeps growing on me the more and more I listen to it. I first found out about this through the Lifafa project the lead singer is in, but this is the album (between this and Jaago) that struck me as being a lot more timeless and fantastic, between all of the great grooves and unique soundscapes.
lukassantiago3
Suryakant Sawhney's voice finally get the chance to be showing to the world in jazz-pop inspired album of his band. But, regards of his album as "LIFAFA", the album doesn't be satisfying as Jaago.
ChuckActuary
In an underwhelming release week this is an unexpected hidden gem. With strong Dean Martin vibes, great jazz instrumentals and an entrancing voice, this is easy listening at its finest.
JayCrackers
Such a lovely laid back easy to listen album with a sweet jazz influence in the mix. After doing a long test this was the album i needed. It just sent me up in the clouds where i rested and could easily go to sleep. This is a sweet, soft spoken set of songs which are beautifully crafted can be enjoyed by anyone.

TRACK REVIEW

I'm This 7/10
Remain in Me 7/10
Shit I'm ... read more
mattgoold
A brilliant and unexpected dream-like world of crooning and good vibes only.
KingLukas
It's pretty cool but again like a similar sounding will loved album in Jaago it just didn't click with me.
This is the first time since I got onto this website that I am giving a 100 to an album I hadn't listened to before creating my account. It probably seems like an odd choice to most and I would agree. By lying in my bed, dying of a cold, this album was just so... beautiful. Is it the smooth, jazzy instrumentations? Is it the lead singers gorgeous baritone? Is the vivid lyrics? In fact, it is all of those things. Not a second on this record felt wasted. The fact I was ok enough listening to the ... read more

Pop Smoke - Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Pop Smoke
Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon
Jessie Ware - What's Your Pleasure?
Jessie Ware