BLACKPINK - Kill This Love
Kill This Love
The mixing and beats on the DDU-DU DDU-DU remix kinda sounds like Corey Feldman producing and trying to make trap music in 2030.

The rest of the EP desperately tries to "westernize" the music with trap beats and poor mixing. Kpop releases like this one are the reason why reviews like exception's BTS - Love Yourself: Answer rant exist. It's frustrating for many to have to deal with the obsessive fandoms and the heavily manufactured music that spreads into every corner of pop culture.
MalArken
The title track is an incohesive piece of shit composed of purely trap beats and bass effects. The dddd remix is quite possibly the most unnecessary song by anyone ever, and Hope Not is by far the worst ballad-esq song from a company with outstanding ballad songs.

I enjoyed Kick It and DNWTD despite the overly-repetetive use of the word 'kick' and the dyingcat.mp3 that haunts me to my fucking core.

Don't Know What to Do (70)
Kick It (70)
Hope Not (55)
Kill This Love (40)
Ddu-du-ddu-du Remix ... read more
smallpeeble
lisa's rap flow tho >
Black pink in your area! To be another sub-par k-pop disaster. The only skill they have is acquiring annoying brain-dead teens, who can't comprehend basic things, they just know how to 'Blink'.

Cheap, corny mixes, beats, lyrics; those become annoying, headache inducing squeals after a minute. Becomes a desperate noisy Korean flea market when vocals drop. With pretentious pop tropes, making it a cringe fest. Unreal.
Won't go into details. It's just you may wanna avoid.
hyunty
the ddu-du ddu-du remix might be one of the worst things i've ever heard
slingshot
BP has such original and unique vocal colors, they have already owned their popularity at the moment they debuted, and it may have been good for them, but it clearly put them in an untouchable spot, so people can't see their flaws as a group. For me, it's a shame their songs almost never match their potential... I feel like they just dress up for girlcrush concepts and the general public/kpop stans just swallow it because well, it's not cute concept. But that being said, let's get into the mini ... read more
NarrativeCoffee
I can't help but think about Logic's Can I Kick it while listening to this.
As it happened with TXT's this EP is pretty inconsistent. While we had a noisy opener then we have softer songs that have nothing in relation to each other, they easily could have been released individually instead of simulating they are a project. and again, what's the obsession with Ddu-du? Seriously no one was asking for a remix of a song everyone listened the last year. The DDU-DU saturation is going too far.

By ... read more
Same boring songs. You can't tell the difference between one album to the next. Hate the mumble trap rap they try to go for. Like you're not badass so stop. Seriously these girls are nothing extraordinary nor exciting. Same basic Kpop group with a basic formula for basic success. Please get them a better writer and producer. Teddy is tired and out of date. I have lost hope that they'll deliver anything refreshing or unique, just a bunch of pretty faces and it's sad.
Gudetrauma
fuckin' imagine dragons in korean

this is a mess
1.Kill This Love (95)
2.Don't Know What To Do (95)
3.Kick It (95)
4.Hope Not (100)
kill this love is an horrible track, that based on what blackpink has been doin over the years... coudve been better (it sounds like a motherfucking youtube rewind song). The dudududu remix is the biggest piece of shit that litterarlly nobody asked for. The other tracks were just... ummmmmm.... forgettable.
puzzlemoon
Um lead single que é uma experiência tão desgostosa que nem de imemorável consigo chamar, já as b-sides totalmente fraquinhas. A única coisa que eu gostei (e que ainda é extremamente mediana) foi esse remix de Ddu-Du-Ddu-Du

(Só pra deixar bem claro que eu ADORO as meninas. Mas pra mim esse trabalho foi RUIM em níveis estratosféricos)

★ Ddu-Du-Ddu-Du (Remix)
gennotjen
YG has no idea what they're doing. Quite the down grade from SQUARE UP.
fabsricio
O Kill This Love traz produções pesadas e uma jogada de desespero no EDM em "Don't Know What to Do", ainda que tenha uma title com bom conteúdo lírico, o EP é perdido, genérico e sem coesão.
Blackpink was promising at first, their debut was awesome but all their songs sound the same, it's like they're just making a remix of their first song over and over and over
Gosh, the title track is a mess, and they kinda recycled songs from their previous albums? This album is really boring.
Crisafael
Teddy needs to retire and let the girls compose their music themselves. The title track sounded awful - it just noise, no melody whatsoever - and the rest of the songs were just bland with an outdated sound. Their worst release so far imo.
I enjoyed Don't Know What To Do. That was the only song I enjoyed.
lil_sas
Kill This Love catched my attention because it has to be the messiest song I've heard in a long time, every part of it sounds like a fragment from a different song, like a desperate attempt to make a hit (successfully achieved), and lets not talk about the DDU-DU DDU-DU Remix. However the rest of tracks here seem to be more cohesive, while I'm not a fan of that type of music, they felt more effective and organised than the title track
Nothing here blows my mind or anything but i can see what's ... read more
JotaBrasil
O nível de conhecimento que tenho sobre o fenômeno do k-pop deve ser do tamanho suficiente para preencher um parágrafo de cinco linhas no máximo. Entretanto, acredito que saiba de algumas informações que são de suma importaria para conseguir fazer essa resenha:

1. O k-pop não é algo que surgiu recentemente, mas já é algo da cultura coreana que data do começo dos anos quarenta e que está se popularizando ... read more
thomasny18
DDU-DU DDU-DUPRESSING
Keons
EDIT: yeah nah -5 points for the remix

Okay... usually I'm a weeb and I listen to J-Pop and Anime, but because I have a friend who likes the "BLACKPINK" and such... I came across this and thought, "hey, I should gave K-Pop a try and hopefully not become a Koreaboo..."

so I did...

while hugging my JAPANESE anime body pillow listening to KOREAN POP music...

it's eh. Blackpink's EP doesn't really click.. some production are pretty good, props to that, but some songs they're ... read more
Edgeworth
It's an EP that started really well, but ended like a ddu-d.
But, there is some merit to their creativity of this EP, so the future is looking positive for BLACKPINK and is already shattering records as I'm writing this review.
yg needs to get rid of teddy. black pinks music is quickly getting messier and more boring with each release.
Thats like a extension of american pop/trap but in Korea. And not the good pop, but the worst kind of It.
fourwalls
O pior lead singles até então do grupo, vocais rasos e uma graça ostentação que soa forçada e previsível. Blackpink se entrega mais uma vez no tedioso e previsível para vender e agradar grandes massas, sem explorar as verdadeiras habilidades das integrantes que sequer sabemos se tem, com músicas genéricas que podem ser confundidas com suas antecessoras facilmente. Muito barulho para pouca coisa, fraco, raso e sem ... read more
Bowi
Piece of Art... That is shit. They sound so annoying asf. There are many KPOP talents here and there but what do we get actually? Trap Rap with Asian twist. Lol.
Piece of art. Love it. ✨
Dynade
There are some #bangers on this bitch wow. The third and fourth tracks are pretty bad tho.

Favorites: Kill This Love, Don’t Know What To Do, DDU-DU DDU-DU (Remix)

Worst: Hope Not
noahb_
This EP is all over the place, never landing in any particular spot. These feel like scrapped beats from an early-in-the-day EDM dj at a music festival in 2014. The productions are insipid and uninspiring. For the supposed next global k-pop sensation, and for the amount of budget they have in music videos, YG and Interscope are surely capable of giving them better tracks than these. Let's not even acknowledge the DDU-DU DDU-DU remix.
therealkeifer
I had never head of BLACKPINK before so I thought I'd check out something new. Now, I've heard some k-pop but I have never been super into it, but this was pretty bad. It sounds like it was designed to appeal to a Western pop audience, but had no idea how to blend all the sounds together to make an enjoyable song.
cfreemon
A small EP from on of k-pop's biggest groups, KILL THIS LOVE is just a taste of how enjoyable the genre can be to an American audience. The production draws from early 2010's chart-topping electropop, with loud sometimes tacky synths and gargantuan hooks. Additional bits of currently popular styles like trap are obviously present as well. "Kill This Love" features horns and drums that make it sound like a dominant march, most likely towards the top of the charts. The huge "LET'S ... read more
ooooooo
The productions with a small number of sounds and the damn horn like a military song are the best. (“Kill This Love”)
Guilhermecritic
Decadente! Mais genérico impossível, infelizmente minhas meninas estão mortas.
Alright
Cobalt
Kill This Love and DKWTD are both enjoyable tracks but I personally found the others either uninteresting or irritating
livjbyrne
Enjoyable to listen to. I quite like all of the songs, it is very short though and would have like it to be longer.
My introduction to the insanely popular BLACKPINK was last week, when I caught a few minutes of their set on the Coachella livestream. Their energy and catchy songs intrigued me and I decided to try "Kill This Love", their newest EP.
It starts with the title song, "Kill This Love" and one of the best opening songs to a project in this year. It is pure pop hype and I love it, especially the outro.
Next song, "Don't Know What To DO" starts like a sweet ballad, but ... read more
heartgears
Fierce live performances and choreo can't save a chaotic piece of recorded music.
juno
this ddu-du ddu-du remix....... its over
They are not improving at all. What kind of revolution is this? The fans are toxic and the music is tasteless. This is the real manufactured Kpop group. Can’t even produce their own music but the loud fans make it worst. Their songs and musics are sooo boring.
hope not is the only good track that I enjoy.
the title track sounds very generic, and plain. it gets boring, while listening the whole ep.
they're such talented girls
YEE YEE
Totalmente música reciclada, contenido vacío, 2 de las chicas cantan muy mal, necesitan urgente clases de canto, muy decepcionada de este álbum, sin duda la peor Canción que han sacado hasta ahora
Was recommended by a friend to listen to their songs..started with du-du-du but their songs kind’a sound the same..they have the potential but with this kind of beat they’ll never go far.
Got interrested in kpop through BTS and their surprisingly good music.
This group which is apparently the 2nd most popular according to youtube views (???) isn't as good.
The title track is catchy and strong, maybe too strong.
The rest of the EP is pure trash.
We dont wait a year for this. D4 remix was worst
Very bad!
kinda recycled product from previous albums with addition of western effect. there as an effort though. boring.
At best, it's tolerable radio pop; At worst, it's a poorly mixed shitshow.

Best Track: Kick It