Kevin Abstract - ARIZONA baby
ARIZONA baby
smallpeeble
thank you clifford, very very cool!
So I'm putting this here as almost a 'pre-review'. Its clear that Kevin has an album coming, and that he will be realesing the album in three parts periodically, much like Denzel Curry did with Taboo. I don't know why yet, but I know he's doing it. So, I'm gonna wait till all three parts are out before I truely give my verdict (hence why no rating yet), at lest on the whole album experience.

However.

That being said.

This shit kinda slaps.

Big Wheel I feel could have been fleshed out into ... read more
My thirst for Arizona Teas will never be quenched, not even by this amazingly produced EP.
thebibleparttwo
so of course i'm gonna love this. I'm the kevin stan right? we'll I've had fun with this today. hyped for the masterpiece kevin will drop of course
Really cool EP. great ideas on it. Amazing mixing. Can’t wait to see more

Loved the Andre 3000 influence on the 2nd track.
FearFlour
Big Wheels outro is otherworldly
MiaWatterson
I'm too lazy to write, sry
Score: 70
Hey, these 3 tracks are pretty good! Nothing mind-blowing, but I do like the sound that Kevin is going for, even if it is still very rough around the edges.

The songs kinda sound like snippets/demos, so I'm betting they will sound much more cleaner when the album drops, hopefully.
Damn son where'd you find that?
Strangelightsyd
I really don't see what's so remarkable about any one of these songs. They're just alright.
itsyahboinoah
Can't wait for more
Atrocityblubber
This is what i wanted from Kevin
nijakiler17
Is this name official?
also this is coming out june 21st thats national arizona day and its on a friday imma do this

edit: new snippet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGE43GXrDa0
actual fucking album of the year incoming
Edit edit: its 3 tracks
edit edit edit: it wasn't even on a friday

So for the first two tracks, i have no issues with them. Genuinely think both are perfect.
Big Wheels is one of Kevin's best performances ever, Brockhampton and solo. The production too on that song is ... read more
LepardRyan
yeah this hittin
What Kevin “Power Bottom” Abstract has released so far are three well-written and beautifully-produced BANGERS!!! Can’t wait for this new project!

Big Wheels: 9

Big Wheels > Georgia > Joy Ride
camusi
Only three :(
Three fucking stunning tracks
edit: i came back here just to say that joy ride is kinda the best thing i ever see from Kevin and Romil

(Just remove my rating to wait the full release)
KnifeTrick
Oh damn. Oh DAMN! OH DAMN!

Favs: Georgia, Joy Ride (kind of, it's almost clicking with me)
MaxAutunno
Big Wheels is definitely my favorite track on this EP, I think the fidgety sounding flow and production fit perfectly with the whole idea of the song. Joyride is probably my least favorite but it's still a great song. Kevin's singing on this song is amazing, probably the best on here, but the production just puts me off a little. Not the biggest fan of the horns thing going on. Georgia is a really great song, but I don't really feel the emotional vibe that it was trying to give off. This EP is ... read more
bitchwhatmusic
Okay so basically
Kanye
A very strange release for sure, but a pretty enjoyable one. I love Big Wheels and really wished he had fleshed it out into a full length track
Needs a proper album release. Shit's dope.
CuckBoi5000
People are finally gonna realise why I'll stand by solo Kevin > Brockhampton til the day I inevitably impale myself with a trident on 'accident'
OpiesFuneral
FUCKING BIG GAY ENERGY 2K19 LET'S GET IT
AssKicker
emotional, energetic, all around fun.
I honestly can’t find a flaw with this yet, all three tracks were so exciting and captivating, this is fantastic. What Kevin’s trying to do by spreading out releases is super interesting too. This is super intriguing, these next few weeks are gonna be very fun for watching him.
okcomputer12127
PoWeR bOtToM.

Fav Tracks: Big Wheels, Joy Ride

Least Fav Tracks: Georgia
Mewstroke
In this EP, Kevin proves to be BROCKHAMPTON's most talented member.

Favorite track: Joy Ride
ricardomcr
Sentimental summertime tunes for those hot nights outside.
Sounds original and exciting. Great production.

GO LISTEN TO: Georgia.
Great

Kevin's bringing his a-game on this EP, as moments of fun and effectiveness are prevalent. Meticulously produced by Romil, there's a vibe that you can't shake off with this thing. Can't wait for his other projects this month and on!

Color: Red
FeelsRijoMan
Can't wait for the next 2 parts
PatrickL0419
i really love these tracks but i HATE this album cover WHY kevin WHY
ieatcheesepie
" big wheels " fkn bangs
Joy ride is rlly satisfying
Brendo
This is kind of hard to judge considering it is so short, it's so dependent on how good each individual track is. And in regards to that, I only really care for one of the songs (Joy Ride).
Solid EP.
yee haw
Gudetrauma
good, though definitely not as punchy or hard-hitting as some of the stuff on sat/ii/iii. cool to see that kelvin extract is still experimenting with his sound, and still excited for new brockhampton material
red_gregory
There’s a strong wah proponent, a digital glitch, timely push and pull, a tonal stretch best interpreted as the bowels of a demented toy box. And a lot like a Denzel Curry, a Kanye or an Andre 3000, Kevin is not a rapper in pursuit of his pocket, he is an embedded component, he is the beat.

The potential of Kevin Abstract lays heavily on his taste, his packaging, his irrefutable star power, and yes, his talent. What I want from him is more of this.
hellodecatur
Holding off on a rating until we have the full body of work but I like what I'm hearing so far. Seems pretty clear his work in Brockhampton has helped him muddle his writing process in a good way, and also helped lessen the genre disparity that made American Boyfriend a somewhat disjointed listen. While I think there's some value to the notion that he still has a somewhat difficult time separating himself from the pack (am I the only person who gets hints of Janelle Monae's Metropolis EP out of ... read more
Viberantweb
At only three tracks long, Kevin Abstract has left this short and sweet whilst managing to leave a strong lasting impression. ARIZONA baby is three brilliant songs that have left fans wanting more. Lucky for us we’ll get his next EP, Ghettobaby, on the 18th and presumably another project on the 25th. As a reintroduction to Abstract’s solo work, this is a mighty fine effort.

Really solid EP. It's Fantastically produced. While the songs aren't the stickiest, they are really nice tunes to listen to.
eliiiiiiii
A little EP with some great, really great tracks.
Henny
If there is one artist that turns me gay. It's Kevin...
RyannAlpaca
Thanks Kevin, Very Cool!
zeyadreda
i want more of this please please please
chalkhampton
I am digging the hell out of this- Kevin gave us three pretty different sounds that will hopefully be expanded upon with his new record. Plus adding in Jack Antonoff never hurts.
IvoBraga