Jesca Hoop - STONECHILD
STONECHILD
Getting back around 4:00 AM I wanted to at least check out one new album for the week. Honestly nothing really came to mind as a must-listen, so I thought I would just try something new, the first thing that stood out, and the album cover of this new album begged for my attention.

I'm glad it grabbed it as well, as Stonechild certainly proved to be worth giving a listen.

I didn't absolutely love the songwriting/lyricism across this record one hundred percent of the time, but it ended up ... read more
WildChameleon
Stonechild is presented as the pinacle of jesca's musical maturity.
First, it may have the best harmonies of this year, without them I don't know if this album would be as good as it is. There is undeniable work here but Stonechild is really less friendly than Memories are now.
I don't completely see where she goes with her lyrics, she includes many micro-sounds and she has some atypical arrangements.

Apart that, this is gorgeous, omg. Every tracks are so detailed, even the friendly ones like ... read more
winitheju
A decent, but inconsistent album from Jesca following up her 2017 masterpiece, Memories are Now. Worth a listen, but the production is in no way groundbreaking.

Blood Orange - Angel's Pulse