Jonas Brothers - Happiness Begins
Happiness Begins
HA HA HA JONUS BROTHERS IN 2019?!?! NOW THIS IS EPIC!
I'll give them my money IRONICALLY!! HA HA
i listened to the album so YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAHA
wOw, it's better then the AVERAGE jonus brothers album, that means it's the BEST album of 2019 IRONICALLY!!
IT'S SO IRONIC RIGHT???!!??
MY LIFE IS SO IRONIC?!?!?!?!
hahahahhahHAHAHAHHAH
I'M A SCREAMING SLAVE
I'M A DYING SLAVE
I'M A SLAVE
I'M A SLAVE
I'M A IRONIC SLAVE!

I'm not listening to this album, just a heads up.
"WOAH, AN ACTUAL REVIEW FOR THIS ALBUM?" - AOTY users
"(*inaudible screeching*)" - The girls at Starbucks

Yeah...it's not surprising to see why no one is taking this album seriously enough to make a full-length review. Of course, I was stupid to even think about spending the extra couple of minutes writing up this review, but y'know...might as well get the bad stuff over with!

Sitting through the 43 minutes of teen pop "summer jams" multiple times in this Jonas ... read more
okcomputer12127
Can't wait for these songs to be played at my little sister's birthday party!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thicc asses tho
"Happiness Begins" is a by the numbers summer pop album. There are a few bops like "Sucker" (which I'll admit grew on me a bit) and the brothers' vocals are still very competent. But generic production and soulless lyrics don't help it from being every insecure straight white teenage girl's wet dream.

Fav Tracks: Every Single Time, Sucker, Don't Throw It All Away

Least Fav Tracks: Cool, Rollercoaster, Trust, Strangers

Score:
4.5
Meh

mmm... JonASS Brothers...
The Jonas Brothers cured my d̶̘͑ẹ̷̩̈́̏̅ṕ̷͙̘̯͌r̷͎̤͋̓e̴̎̈́͑͘ͅͅs̵̺͒ͅs̵̺̳̟̪̑i̶̲̋̀o̴̙̤̅̇̆͒n̸̝̫͋ ̴̗̣̭̓̾

Best Tracks: Only Human,Don't Throw it Away,Rollercoaster
Worst Track: Hesitate
not horrible tbh, but I just have no desire to hear The Wiggles for pre-teens do their best One Republic impression again any time soon
goncalocouto
It's a shame they're going for the more produced pop side instead of the pop rock/pop punk that made them great. The slow songs never worked for them. The production on this album is on point, but this album sounds a 2012's Bieber album. I get that this album is made for summer. Yes, I'm going to listening to three or four songs now and then, but this album feels empty and uninspired.

✅ Sucker | Only Human | I Believe | Every Single Time | Don't Throw it Away
JuanCamiloBv
Summer songs for white girls Vol. 1
Cursed

I guess I'm too young to have been able watch these guys, or I just never watched Disney channel. This project, although a bit quirky at times, is just flushed out radio-hungry pop. I mean, I found myself tapping my foot a couple times, but never really enjoying the music. It's a shame, because these guys do have some sort of talent, it's just not presented well on this boring and forgettable album.

Color: Blue
FAV TRACKS: Sucker
LEAST FAVL Cool, Hesitate
thejacktackshac
Non existential and inconsequential cash grab that supplies the radio with an arsenal of “summer hits” to choose from.
thomasny18
You ain't gonna cure my depression that easily.
This is so 2005 and not in a good way.
ACreativeName
happiness begins when this album ends
Benny
The Jonas Brothers are simply piut,Migos for white people who think mayonnaise is spicy.
PatrickL0419
It sure as hell doesn't begin here.

EDIT: WTF The Independent?!?!? "likely one of the best pop albums of the year" in a year with a CRJ release? Not on my watch.
Tielur

One Direction is better

EDIT: Pitchfork is funny
distraughtonaut
why am i spending time torturing myself by listening to this, instead of having a good time supporting artists that actually need it

stopped listening after they mentioned game of thrones
bornunderpunch
80 The Independent
It’s the best pop comeback – and likely one of the best pop albums – of the year.
upd:
Almost every song here sounds like i listened to it. Like, note for note, I could recall the song 5 seconds ahead of it's runtime. Have they just ripped off a ton of songs and put them on into this pile of trash? It's not terrible, but c'mon. The vocals are cheesy, the instruments are very minimal, and the whole thing is pop formula bullshit. Yes PipePanic, I listened to ... read more
kiccass_account
nice pool y'all
KnifeTrick
Zzz...
Most old boy bands that were a big hit years ago always seem to fall apart in trying to adapt into the modern sound since they sound so damn boring.

Favs: Sucker, Don't Throw it Away, Strangers
Crimson00
Never really liked the jonas brothers but after listening to this I dislike them even more. Its SO GENERIC! Goddamn man listening to this makes me feel like they where forcing themselves to make a radio hit album. Theres nothing wrong with that but still it feels like there was no heart put into this record. Sad ass shit.
Maybe I'm too harsh on this, but I'll call it here:
This is basically Jonas Brothers swerving to a more Pop direction, which is not their most comfortable one, but given it's Jonas Brothers, It ain't that bad right?
This is deep down on my 2019 list with Logic's Supermarket. Yes. It's that awful. And it's not only because of the cover art.
tazzyzzat
Favorites: 'Sucker', 'Don't Throw It Away', 'Happy When I'm Sad', 'Rollercoaster'

Least Favorite: 'Love Her'

The vocals are nice.
The instrumentals are nice.
It's unfortunate how generic this is.
It's nice they're back, though.
Handing out a lot of 50s to the mainstream radio grabbers.
dumbmoonlight
I don't know if anyone that follows me on the site noticed already, but I don't really listen to songs from male singers (except "Panic! at the Disco", but it is a whole band). This quite sums up why, as "Happiness Begins" shows itself with the "Look! I can age too!" vibe.
1koopl1
One of the worst albums released this decade.

Obviously bought their Pitchfork review.

This is fucking TERRIBLE low quality shit tier pop. They don't even like making music, I can tell.
issmolmolotov
The critic rating is 69. My life is complete.
petetheman
I love the production work from Greg Kurstin much more than Tedder, few decent pop tracks here but overall it's what I expected from Jonas Brothers.

Fav Tracks : I Believe, Sucker, Used To Be

Least Fav : Happy When I'm Sad
notanalt
Jonas
Tsareena
Looking at the lyrics and credits... I wonder what Kevin actually contributed to this. The album starts out pretty fun but it drags on by the middle and ends up feeling familiar but forgettable.
Fave: Sucker
TheHeights
Well, I've lost over 40 minutes of my life listening to a bunch of intends of summer songs that are totally going to be forgotten past September.
dearsongs
Fun fact, my moms good friends son is the Jonas Brothers tour drummer.
A bad and cringeworthy album. The only decent track is Sucker. A lot of tracks sound familiar(e.g. Love Her sounds almost the same as Love Yourself by Justin Bieber). Only Human, Every Single Time and Happy When I'm sad are so awkward. The lyrics are meaningless most of the time. The production is boring. Nick and Joe's voice are decent mostly though.
Also the band should be called "Nick and Joe Jonas" instead. Wth did Kevin Jonas do???
Also the cover art is just trash.
And STOP ... read more
iamnicmoore
QUICK THOUGHTS: Bland, safe, unoffensive, and unremarkable pop music with no unique characteristics. Kevin is still my favorite though.
PcPowerUp
passionless moneymaker
luisdelrey2016
10 years of hiatus and the results do not atone for the period of time. Jonas Brothers come along with an aimlessly bland pop attempt. Their homecoming ends up to be one of the most dissapoiting one from 2019, because Happiness Begins encloses their most unispired and contrived performance yet.
FAVS: I Believe, Don't Throw it Away, Trust
LEAST FAV: Hesitate
oh
what is this
Billie
it's full of fillers

favorite: cool, only human, don't throw it away
heartgears
An album with some good summer jams but is ultimately way more dramatic than the music warrants.
Gustavowaves
Strangers / 10
Hesitate / 10
Rollercoaster / 10
Comeback / 10
Yikes. Nothing here is actually worth listening to. Only sucker is passable and even then its barely there. There's much better pop available this year.
ewertonmartiny1
hesitate - 100/100
rollercoaster - 100/100
comeback - 70/100
marktheshark4
i wanna like this but its pretty rough :/
JJJAAACCCKKK
I believe 70/100
Love her 70/100
Strangers 70/100
Only human 70/100
An good but not great album.
ToThePoint
This album actually pleasantly surprised me. I'm a sucker for anything remotely resembling a ska/reggae song (no pun intended). So I automatically enjoyed "Only Human", and "Every Single Time" despite them being steeped in formulaic pop. Don't get me wrong, there were some unlistenable songs on here as expected, such as "Cool" and "Rollercoaster", however a majority of the songs just missed the cringe mark for me and earned at least a half rating. ... read more
Putzcecela
Um ótimo comeback, com musicas muito gostosinhas de ouvir, mesmo não fugindo muito do padrão dos dias de hoje.

Sucker: 10/10
Hesitate: 8/10
Rollercoaster: 9/10
Comeback: 9/10
MariellyAkarius
Albums that nobody wanted or asked for

This
Jonas brothers members solo discography
Nickelback entire discography
Will.i.am solo record
a drake 30 track album
another Avril Lavigne álbum that sound like the same album she released before
I had high expectations for this album. I mean who wouldn't. The Jonas Brothers made some amazing tracks 10 years ago and of course, anybody would have high expectations when a band is getting back together.

Sucker was a great first single to the album but it also set my expectations way too high. Usually, you can get to the middle of the album and it starts going downhill from there but it started going downhill after the 3rd track of the album, Only Human.

I don't want to be one of those ... read more
EiDouVarg
The Jonas Brothers do not return to form on 'Happiness Begins', but rather comeback with a sound of today. This album won't age well as time progresses, just like the trio's previous efforts, but it is a good attempt at making decent pop music.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Infest the Rats' Nest