Bad Religion - Age of Unreason
Age of Unreason
Jesus this thing was flacid.

Please don't see this low score and see that I hate Bad Religion. Because I dont. Bad Religion I've always had a casual appreciation for as a punk fan. Some of their early work is some of the hardest and most fun punk music out there, especially in they're early days. However, as the years go on, it's sadly becoming more and more expected for this band to get more and more boring and stale.

Barely a single track got my attention, and bored me half to death. This ... read more
So this is why punk bands always break up after the first five years
Great

'Bad Religion' as a collective band still have their fun and energetic pop punk sound of their earliest eras. There's obviously a formula that they stick to with almost every album, and usually I don't like formulaic music. 'Bad Religion' is as consistent yet artistic as their past records. This record is unrelenting, as the theme of political distress and rebellion is prevalent. If you're angry with the government, this is the album to look to.

Color: Black
FAV TRACKS: Do the Paranoid ... read more
notbuzzzila
REALLY GOOD

Are we listening to the same album?

I was thrilled when I realized today was the day that Age of Unreason was being released. I was just gonna listen to Suffer for the 1,307,955th time this week when I saw this was out. Maybe it's just because Bad Religion is one of my favorite bands, but I don't think this is nearly as lifeless or generic as other people seem to. It comes in swinging with the fantastic opening suite that is the first four tracks: Chaos from Within, My Sanity, Do ... read more
luna128
i cant tell if this is good or not what the fuck
I just died of boredom.
thomasny18
Was relieved that they didn't put The Kids Are Alt-Right on this album... until I found out that they put 14 tracks that were just as flat and watered down.

Honestly, I think this is worse than that song. At least I could kinda laugh at The Kids Are Alt-Right. This makes me want to sleep and it's only 18:28. This is the anti-punk album for all the wrong reasons.
raphalguul
Age of Unreason is an excellent album to take on a road trip. Play it after you’ve gone through your collection of sing-along hits and would like a break. Bad Religion delivers a perfectly palatable record, full of the kind of b-tier pop rock that will make your head bop occasionally. The variance is low, the overall sound pretty okay.
6/9
HalfsourDyl
The is a snooze fest. Most of the tracks aren't awful, but they just feel lame. I might be the only one, but the mix/aesthetic on this thing feels super washed out and flat.
TheBravesDH
Sounds exactly like a Bad Religion record would nearly four decades into the career, which doesn't move the needle much. I will admit that the 1-2 punch of Faces of Grief and Old Regime struck a nerve (pun intended) and made me nostalgic for what once was one of my favorite bands.
My Track-by-Track review of the album:

Chaos from within: Aggressive yet melodic, classic BR style. Strong start. (8/10)
My sanity: More pop-punk sounding, chorus is nice to sing along. (7/10)
Do the paranoid style: I really like the guitars on this one, the most dancable song of the album. (8/10)
The Approach: Like the lead guitars, but overall it gets more uninteresting with repeated listens. (6/10)
Lose your head: Somehow catchy, but not as striking as Sorrow or Prodigal Son. (5/10)
End ... read more