Linkin Park - The Hunting Party
The Hunting Party
I thought of something funnier than 24...
notbuzzzila
Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian?Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian?Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian?Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian?Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian?Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian?Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian?Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron Malakian? Daron ... read more
Linkin Park goes back to their Nu-Metal roots on "The Hunting Party". Sure, it's the heaviest they've ever sounded but it's also kinda dated. Not to mention it suffers from mediocre writing, bad vocal mixing, underwhelming production and guest features that are barely recognizable.

Fav Tracks: Final Masquerade, Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone, All For Nothing, Keys To The Kingdom

Least Fav Tracks: War, Drawbar

Score:
5.3
Average
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This album is without doubt the best I have ever heard! Every track is amazing( in particular guilty all the same). When I first heard this album I loved it, even more than one more light which is my 2nd favourite by lp. to me it seems like linkin park get better as their career goes on!
Favourite tracks: all for nothing, guilty all the same, rebellion, a line in the sand
least favourite: war (still awesome)
aaron
An album that if anything shows a clear shift in culture, the grammy award for rock is in the pre-show, while rock is not dead, it is no longer wanted, no longer listened to

Linkin Parks schizophrenic production should bear the full brunt of this, had an album such as this followed Metoera or even Minutes to Midnight, it would not be sitting in the mid 50's but the late 70's of critical reviews.
If ur a early LP fan u will and i mean will like this. War, A Line In The Sand, Rebellion, Guilty.. and Final Masquerade are very good songs if u wish. The next album would be NOT GOOD.
RyanDWessel
Ayyyeee that's more like the Linkin Park I remember.
AndrewK
The pulse picks up a bit on this one. Nothing too crazy tho.
Absolute_Madman
A nu-metal revival in 2014 might have been the worst idea anyone had ever had up to that point, but Linkin Park pulled it off slightly better than you might think. It has plenty of bright spots with track like "Keys to the Kingdom", "Wastelands", and "Rebellion" (the latter of which features Daron Malakian of System of a Down fame, and as a result sounds pretty much like a classic SOAD song), and I do like how it shits on the blandness of modern "rock" ... read more
kappachino
Good but there's piss poor production
Songsearcher1
A pretty good return to form. I couldn't wait for the next album to be a return to their roots... right? Right? *Nervous Laugh*
kiccass_account
Such a shame: Linkin Park and most of the old school fans made this album an underrated piece of art.
The record shows the evolution of the band in instrumental and lyrics therms
Track review:
Keys to the Kingdom - 80/100. The screams are good but some overuse. RIP headphone users at the start, by the way
All for Nothing (feat. Page Hamilton) - 90/100. PES 2015 throwback, some great lyrics. Memorable song
Guilty All The Same (feat. Rakim) - 97/100. I bellieve this is the best Linkin Park song ... read more
DeathIsBest
A hidden album, not as well known as the rest of their discography. Sure, it has some lows and some weird ass features but other than that its a dope album.
The last good Linkin Park album, since Chester's passing. The production on this thing could have been a little less clean cut, then I'd probably be able to enjoy it more as a "metal" album than just kind of hard rock.

The songs later also in my opinion seem better, as to me I prefer them because they're more of the good old electronic hard rock mix that LP is usually known for, but also manage to modernise this sound they use to go for as well with songs such as Mark The Graves and ... read more
AntiPop
This Album a Masterpiece compared to One More Light
MezernikSu
Band's studio experiment. And it worked out pretty good. Their strongest release in my opinion.

Fav. Tracks: "War","Line in the sand" and "Keyes to the Kingdom"
Big fan of the Hybrid Theory and Meteora days, but this album...Felt so forced and uninspired, i wasn't asking for something like that, but till this day i still dislike this album pretty much, hell i can't even remember all the songs except for 2 or 3. I believe that One More Light is more memorable (even more with Chester's tragedy)
ryansliao
This is SO BLOATED

Best Tracks: Keys To The Kingdom, Guilty All The Same, Rebellion
Worst Tracks: War, Wastelands, Final Masquerade
When i first listnened to minutes to midnight, i thought that they couldn't have possibly made a more mediocre record. Then i listened to living things and i was proven wrong,but i thought they couldn't have possibly made a more sub-par record. And then i listened to this...The two aforementioned albums, and especially this one, make hybrid theory, the only notable,in my opinion, linkin park record,sound like ok computer.
SkyZippr
This is not what I expected when they said they were gonna make it "a prequel to Hybrid Theory". No, this is just a louder version of Minutes To Midnight.
twwalter
The mildest of improvements over 'Living Things', but that does not take a whole helluva lot. There is still no sense of purpose in this album. The cameos are difficult to decipher.
BonoLightier
Why do I keep rating these albums?
choice_kingdom
I don't care if you miss old school LP. I don't care if you're ok with Minutes To Midnight, A Thousand Suns and Living Things. This is pure shit. Stay away from this. Just listen to Final Masquerade on youtube.
JediMark
Picks: Final Masquerade / Until It's Gone / All for Nothing.
An amazing album. Loved almost all of it, however "War" is not exactly matching my taste.
Creator R-Zita
Highlights: "Rebellion" , "Wastelands" , "Guilty All The Same" , "Until Its Gone" . Back to their roots! Maybe in the future "The Hunting Party" will have better score from me , but the first impression is this!
tha138
From rap metal to epic metal and to vomiting metal everybody's howling: TAKE NO PRISONERS!

Flying Lotus - Flamagra