Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun
Mama's Gun
itsyahboinoah
Mama's Gun is an album you would play to all your older folks without you feeling embarrassed
jordanhgood
Man, Green Eyes and Orange Moon are really something else. Like WOW.
Anyway happy 20th Mama's Gun.
tha138
Wow!
Who's that soul sista with the groovy confidence and the big heart that forced me press the repeat button!?
lemuriams
A wonderful, brilliant album that you listen to with such great pleasure that the world ends for me and only Erykah Badu begins to exist.
Z.Younk
They wont be naming any buildings after me to go down dilapidated.
CJAYy
So

Much

SOUL!!!
HoodieBraden
The woman's got soul and attitude! I wasn't so positive about this album on the first listen but after some time to soak it in a bit, I realized how fantastic this record is. Such a soulful and meaningful album.

Light 8/10
UglySon
I recently saw Erykah live and wowie what a woman. Not only is she one of the most down to earth people, she has this spot-on sense of humor and dry wit that's really refreshing to be around.

This album got me through a particularly rough summer and I listen to it whenever I'm feeling a bit confused in life and don't really know what I'm doing. I love the structure and flow of the first half of the album, and Green Eyes might just be the most thorough and honest breakup song there is. I love ... read more
ROXAAN
Not bad.
EntryIncomplete
It sounds like a slightly breezy, warm summers evening in the big city. Badu has already shown us how capable she is as a performer, and on Mama's Gun she honestly blows me away.

I think it's pretty safe to say that Badu is one of the most charismatic and fun soul singers of the modern age. Perhaps of all time? She has such an undeniable lively energy that's present all throughout the record. And the deep, gorgeous instrumental flourishes compliment her fantastically.
What a gorgeous, soulful album. Far exceeded my expectations and then some.

Favorite track: Penitentiary Philosophy
Baduizm has the more-replayable songs, but I'd venture to say this is the better album. So much of what makes this great is how much Badu values patience and expects the same of her listeners. It does spend some of its early runtime in the shadow of its predecessor a bit, and not just including the reprise. But when it finds its wide-open spaces for truths to linger, it's a gorgeous and inimitable work. Rarely do artists show intimacy as something non-exclusive to the sexual.
a truly remarkable album. so catchy
ARDYReviews
A great album and an enjoyable follow up from her classic debut "Baduizm". Erykah's choice of production remains gold, as her she places her vocals on beautiful beats, such as "Didn't Cha Know" and " and "Bag a Lady (Cheeba Sac Radio Mix)". Incredible soul throughout the album, the LP is one of the best projects within the Neo-Soul movement.
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : PENETENTIARY PHYLOSOPHY, MY LIFE, & ON, CLEVA and GREEN EYES.
Ts12521
A really good album. I liked every song but one.
GabrielDiablo
Average
rich1977
If I meet Erykah I'll curtsey, kiss the ring on her finger and thank her for inspiring, directly and indirectly, a renaissance in soul and hip hop. I haven't read or watched enough yet to understand the how and why but I have a gut feel she pretty much helped realign the soul music compass, and Mama's Gun was the first step.

More than D'Angelo, SA-RA, Raphael, Lauryn... even perhaps more than hubbie Andre's Outkast, she showed a way to make organic deep 'out there' soul music that stands ... read more
jordymusic
14 ready to sample soul tracks for the hooks of any early 2000s rap song.

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts
Lucid
Kali Uchis - Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
Kali Uchis
Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios) ∞
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - K.G.
K.G.