MUNA - Saves the World
Saves the World
BEST SYNTHPOP ALBUM I'VE HEARD IN A FUCKING LONG TIME!!!! SORRY THIS REVIEW WILL BE ALL IN CAPS CAUSE I STILL CAN'T PROCESS WHAT I JUST... ANYWAY, I WAS EXPECTING A GREAT ALBUM SINCE THEY RELEASED "WHO" AS A SINGLE, TIL THEN I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO ALL 3 PRE-ALBUM SINGLES NON STOP. WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT I CAN SAY, THAT THIS IS THE BEST SYNTH ALBUM SINCE EMOTION BY CARLY RAE JEPSEN. THE PRODUCTION IS FLAWLESS, THE VOCALS BEYOND, EVERYTHING.. I'M SO GLAD BECAUSE I WAS HYPED FOR A LONG ... read more
Although MUNA craft a stellar album from a production prospective with stellar synthpop energy and danceable tracks, there is limited memorable moments throughout and few levels of variability.

Saves The World is hard to dislike as each song is pleasantly performed both vocally and sonically, but I found that throughout listening I was mostly disengaged and nothing stood out for the most part. That is until the final track where it felt as though MUNA truly saved the best for last in regard ... read more
dumbmoonlight
For someone who gave Wonder Girls' "Reboot" a 90, this really isn't anything special for me. I mean, it IS good, but like said in other reviews, if you're used to classic electropop/synthpop, this won't be a brand new experience for ya. Still good, though!
laz456
If you've heard electropop before you've heard everything on this album already so you might as well just skip it. Number One Fan is fun, I'll give this album that. But pretty much the rest of the record is all pretty uninspiring.
notanalt
Save The World? Or Let It Rot?
Tsareena
Really good sophomore album from MUNA. Emotional bangers as usual though not as punchy as "About U" but with some really good production as well (I can hear some 1975 influence).
Faves: Who, Never,It's Gonna Be Okay Baby
BM5X5
Was not expecting that from an indie pop album
dgzsz
MUNA saved the world... AGAIN!
Fun pop album. nothing new here but it's fun to listen to and extremely catchy at times.
PorciniCramps
Sometimes I find it hard to respect other people’s opinions. Sometimes I think these opinions are just jokes of strangers trying to make me mad. Sometimes, very rarely, but it happens and I can’t help it. I’m so sorry.
heartgears
A brutal coming of age record that will resonanate with the LGBTQ community that finds sanctuary in the anonymity of the city.
ChrisMan
Good News (Ya-Ya Song) - 6/10
Memento - 7/10
It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby - 8/10
bluevenus
It might not achieve same emotional heights what About U made me feel, but Saves The World is refreshing, it flows beautifully and fullfilled my expectations (:
Grow 6.5/10
Memento 5/10
It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby 7/10
Average: 6.3/10
Guilhermecritic
Achei muito legal a forma de como o Muna tratou sexo, drogas e suicídio nesse álbum, com uma sutileza que não vemos no mercado. O álbum tem um eletropop maduro com uma pitada de rock alternativo que deixou o álbum brilhante.
sleighbell
this is what i needed from a band i never thought i needed it from.
this is a truly special album that i’m sure will grow more on me in the future.
there are songs on here that will break your heart, make you think, and bang your head
there are a cluster of emotions and thoughts and that’s what makes it as special and unpredictable as it is.

BEST TRACKS: Grow, Number One Fan, Stayaway, Who, Never, Hands Off, Good News (Ya-Ya Song)*, Memento, It’s Gonna Be Okay, Baby

WORST ... read more
warioware
i can't wait to hear "pink light" when i'm shopping for jeans at the mall one day
Near perfect piece of art
disapointing as a lot of people told me it was great
Shzam
It's pretty good.

FAV: Navy Blue
JUKEBOX
QUICK REVIEW

Despite an interesting start, Saves the World slowly unfolds to reveal itself: it's more of the same. Even though MUNA's synthpop is well produced and clean, it is nonetheless as generic as possible. Even though MUNA's compositions are sweet and emotional, they are nonetheless as generic as possible. Sometimes I left the chorus or melody more convincing, but in the end, Saves the World is a painfully cliché project, both in its production, which seems to have already been ... read more
BuzzReplayz
I saw all the ratings and thought «wow this must be amazing for it to have such positive reviews”
I am a little dissapointed
maizie
I cried I laughed I had a good time
dogerwaul
Absolutely masterful. There are a couple songs that don't quite pack the same punch as their standout counterparts, but that doesn't dull the record by any significant degree. Nothing is regrettable. I'd listen to the whole album again and not skip any track. The first two songs are incredibly strong and give you a good idea of what to expect from the remaining ten. What a fucking beautiful find. I love this.
Ian_Kal
Synthpop, kinda got me feelin like fast food sprite
I really expected a great album like the previous one, but it turned out to be disappointing.
TommyCook
I’ve tried listening to this twice and I am just not getting into it. The lyrics are good, the singing is good, but I think I’m just kind of tired of this style of fem synthpop right now. Gimme a couple of weeks and I’ll try it again

JPEGMAFIA - All My Heroes Are Cornballs
House of Sugar
Chelsea Wolfe - Birth of Violence
Chelsea Wolfe
Birth of Violence
Lana Del Rey - Norman Fucking Rockwell!
Lana Del Rey