MUNA - Saves the World
Saves the World
BEST SYNTHPOP ALBUM I'VE HEARD IN A FUCKING LONG TIME!!!! SORRY THIS REVIEW WILL BE ALL IN CAPS CAUSE I STILL CAN'T PROCESS WHAT I JUST... ANYWAY, I WAS EXPECTING A GREAT ALBUM SINCE THEY RELEASED "WHO" AS A SINGLE, TIL THEN I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO ALL 3 PRE-ALBUM SINGLES NON STOP. WITHOUT A SINGLE DOUBT I CAN SAY, THAT THIS IS THE BEST SYNTH ALBUM SINCE EMOTION BY CARLY RAE JEPSEN. THE PRODUCTION IS FLAWLESS, THE VOCALS BEYOND, EVERYTHING.. I'M SO GLAD BECAUSE I WAS HYPED FOR A LONG ... read more
Although MUNA craft a stellar album from a production prospective with stellar synthpop energy and danceable tracks, there is limited memorable moments throughout and few levels of variability.

Saves The World is hard to dislike as each song is pleasantly performed both vocally and sonically, but I found that throughout listening I was mostly disengaged and nothing stood out for the most part. That is until the final track where it felt as though MUNA truly saved the best for last in regard ... read more
laz456
If you've heard electropop before you've heard everything on this album already so you might as well just skip it. Number One Fan is fun, I'll give this album that. But pretty much the rest of the record is all pretty uninspiring.
Tsareena
Really good sophomore album from MUNA. Emotional bangers as usual though not as punchy as "About U" but with some really good production as well (I can hear some 1975 influence).
Faves: Who, Never,It's Gonna Be Okay Baby
notanalt
Save The World? Or Let It Rot?
dumbmoonlight
For someone who gave Wonder Girls' "Reboot" a 90, this really isn't anything special for me. I mean, it IS good, but like said in other reviews, if you're used to classic electropop/synthpop, this won't be a brand new experience for ya. Still good, though!
heyitsmedan
I'm a fan of synthpop, and I have to agree that while it is a good album, it is precluded by the fact that it sounds quite typical. I would listen to it again, but I am not at all that impressed with either the sound or the lyrics.
dgzsz
MUNA saved the world... AGAIN!
hayleyelisa
nothing here is bad but a lot of the songs weren't doing anything for me
lovecycles
such a cute, fun little synthpop record! it's vivid, it's bold, it's colorful... it just hits all the right places for me. with intimate and personal lyrics that shine with their simplicity, meditating about self worth, attachment issues and finding strength in yourself, muna serves us with a collection of fresh electro tunes, going from the uptempo, disco-inspired "number one fan" to the emotional, epic fusion of synths and guitar riffs in "taken". saves the world surely ... read more
HalfsourDyl
Saves the World might seem basic at first, but if you look beneath the surface, you'll see it's the emotional writing that puts it in the green. The topics covered tell a familiar story of heartbreak, but the way she brings her personal details makes it compelling and vivid at its best.

Best: Taken
CheapandLethal
Poor
Fun pop album. nothing new here but it's fun to listen to and extremely catchy at times.
heartgears
A brutal coming of age record that will resonanate with the LGBTQ community that finds sanctuary in the anonymity of the city.
bluevenus
It might not achieve same emotional heights what About U made me feel, but Saves The World is refreshing, it flows beautifully and fullfilled my expectations (:
VPotrich
Explosivo, visceral e irresistível do início ao fim. Saves the World é um dos melhores momentos do synthpop dos últimos anos.
Such a great album but nothing absolutely stunning but everything is STILL Stunning.
saramlracantora
A primeira faixa me deixou desanimado, então veio "Number One Fan" e, em seguida, "Stayaway", dois suprassumos synthpop. Entretanto o meio do álbum mostra que a banda não é nada sem sintetizadores. Saves the World realmente salva o mundo com a faixa que o encerra, "It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby", trazendo uma mensagem positiva sem parecer um livro bobo de autoajuda, mas não salva o disco em si que é preenchido por ... read more
wless
this sounds like a modernized version of the 1980s, but in a completely different way than something like lost girls or dedicated. instead, it takes more cues from modern music and, as a result, doesn't give off the same feeling of nostalgia as other albums in its lane.
estevancomn
A HUGE step up from their debut and serious contender for best electropop album of 2019

Favorite tracks: Number One Fan, Who, Never and It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby
Memento 5/10
It's Gonna Be Okay, Baby 7/10
Average: 6.3/10
Guilhermecritic
Achei muito legal a forma de como o Muna tratou sexo, drogas e suicídio nesse álbum, com uma sutileza que não vemos no mercado. O álbum tem um eletropop maduro com uma pitada de rock alternativo que deixou o álbum brilhante.
sleighbell
this is what i needed from a band i never thought i needed it from.
this is a truly special album that i’m sure will grow more on me in the future.
there are songs on here that will break your heart, make you think, and bang your head
there are a cluster of emotions and thoughts and that’s what makes it as special and unpredictable as it is.

BEST TRACKS: Grow, Number One Fan, Stayaway, Who, Never, Hands Off, Good News (Ya-Ya Song)*, Memento, It’s Gonna Be Okay, Baby

WORST ... read more
Near perfect piece of art
PowerStelar
disapointing as a lot of people told me it was great

Joji - Nectar