Iggy Pop - Free
dgzsz
The spoken-word tracks on this album made me realize Iggy Pop should give up on his musical career and voice National Geographic documentaries instead.
I Have a Really Cool Voice: The Album

jordymusic
I don't mind this you know. It is ridiculously self indulgent, careless, and probably due to those traits, quite funny. I have a soft spot for the attitude Iggy's displaying here. If you like Iggy Pop enough to hear him not give a fuck for 33 minutes then give it a shot. A lot of his vocalization here is similar to the Teatime Dub Encounters EP from last year though not quite as good humoured. Guy's just pissing around man, have a laugh with it.
their_nickname
Iggy Pop is a legend. There's no denying it. The man actually release a really solid album just recently, with Post Pop Depression. The horrible truth of that record's successes is sinking in however. Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age fame was all over it. I'm now unfortunately convinced he is what made that album cohesive and listenable, because this album is neither of those things. There are spoken word passages that aren't as deep as they'd like to be, a dash here of jazz and some fuzzy ... read more
X_R_L
Fuck you iggy and fuck your album too
DalekTurret32
Free, while not as good as its predecessor Post Pop Depression or as magnificent as the 1977 album The Idiot, still manages to show some swell material from the legendary musician Iggy Pop.

Free [82]

4. We Are The People
3. James Bond
2. Glow In The Dark
1. Loves Missing
Meh. There's worst ways of spending 40 minutes than listening to Iggy Pop deliver spoken word poetry at you over Hans Zimmer-esque instrumentals.
lemuriams
A strange and unconvincing album
AndreVital
Fuck it, I actually like this album. Some of these tracks are horrible. An don't get me wrong I completely understand why people hate this. But I think songs like "Free" and "Sonali" are actually pretty awesome and I enjoy Iggy's voice being used to progress the melody. Eh. it's not amazing or anything, but I thought it was alright.

BEST SONGS: Free, Sonali, Glow In The Dark, We Are The People

WORST SONGS: James Bond, Dirty Sanchez
Z.Younk
Another project building on the sounds of Preliminaires and Teatime Dub Encounters, music still has that 50's influence of some jazz and some garage and of course goofy, fun songs.
Trindade31
Eu gosto de seu estilo meio errático e anárquico, mas realmente temos muitas partes modorrentas e em alguns pontos a letra dá a entender que o Iggy já tá meio parecido com aquele meme "Old Man Yells at Clouds"...
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : FREE, LOVES MISSING, SONALI and GLOW IN THE DARK.
dreamsoulman
Good Job Iggy.
Free can be treated as a tribute to David Bowie without whom we would probably not have solo Iggy Pop.
It is far far from Post Pop Depression which was one of his highests. On Free we deal with ★ [Blackstar]-ish art rock with Iggy's spoken parts. It is quite an original experiment, but it is not close to being nice.

JayCrackers