Doja Cat - Hot Pink
Hot Pink
This is the epitome of a One Trick Pony.
Stankysauce
Before reading this I need you to go listen to Say So If you haven't already.

I was definitely expecting to love this new Doja Cat album purely based on just how great these singles were, but I ended up loving it way more than I thought I would. I cannot get enough of her blend of pop and trap. While everything about her aesthetic is very unique, the biggest stand out are her vocals. She does many different inflections it reminds me of Kendrick and Young Thug. I've also noticed that she really ... read more
Falk1303
Before listening: all I know is that Doja is fine af

After listening: liked this more than I expected, actually mad catchy
hellodecatur
Early Nicki is to her as early Britney is to Slayyyter, but there's still much to enjoy across the record. All I wanted from her was to prove she was more than a meme rapper and she does that pretty much with ease. A little more needed in the way of song structure as well as carving a more distinct lane (as much as I love "Say So," its disco backdrop feels a bit dialed in), and it's also a shame the modest success of "Juicy" earns it a spot here instead of the far superior ... read more
EvilFox
idk who's producing her stuff but wow, absolutely every song on this record is incredibly catchy, she's like the carly rae jepsen of r&b/rap

fav tracks: cyber sex, rules, say so(HIGHLIGHT OF THE ALBUM), i like it, addiction, streets, shine, juicy
least fav: bite
hiphopcritiques
Went into this project horny.

I also left horny but it was good.
Benny
I lost no nut november
Oreox4
This slaps. Production is fantastic. What else can i really say about this except for 'hey it's good.' If you like simple albums this is your cup of tea.

Cyber: 60/100 (Decent)
This is kind of cheesy. Like what am i listening to right now.

Won't Bite (feat. Smino): 55/100 (Below Average)

Rules: 78/100 (Good)

Bottom: 81/100 (Great)
YUH! Production is fan freaking tastic!

Say So: 77/100 (Good)

Like That (feat. Gucci Mane): 78/100 (Good)

Talk Dirty: 73/100 (Good)
Hook is annoying or else ... read more
TheDankestMeme
Doja Cat delivers a decent project with lots of creativity but still with the feeling something is missing. Doja Cat is an artist that I have been looking forward to drop a project this year. Her singles like Tia Tamera and Juicy just added to that hype even more considering how great of singles they were. Listening to this project you feel like there is lots of ideas being put into this project. Doja changes up the style on almost every song with some being full on rap tracks, some being more ... read more
Good

I think this record is alright! Definitely not perfect, but certainly not atrocious! I wouldn’t be surprised if she only goes up from here, because what she presents on “Hot Pink” shows a lot of promise, determination, and charisma.

Color: Purple
FAV TRACKS: Juicy, Bite, Addiction, Rules, Cyber Sex, Say So, Talk Dirty
LEAST FAV: Bottom Bitch, Shine
MariellyAkarius
This album is not even interesting, she’s nice but the production here is so flat, sometimes sounds like the same song is a loop... at least it’s better than amala
Tielur
So far Doja Cat never left an impression on me, but she really shows her stripes and talent on this. From catchy hooks, glossy production (some of the best of the year I'd say) and a lot of sexual insight, Doja flaunts herself well. The only thing holding me back from calling this album average or well good is the direction it takes. It's very much a collage of mixed ideas and different types of pop, R&B, and rap, but none of it truly sticks. While that may have been intentional to be ... read more
Those who only know Doja Cat for her meme music will be slightly surprised that her more serious music is... actually okay. "Hot Pink" has a lot of charisma and personality, the production is pretty decent and her vocals are very competent, but I wouldn't go far as to say that she's a good lyricist and some of the more lifeless moments fall flat.

Fav Tracks: Say So, Addiction, Bottom Bitch, Rules, Cyber Sex, Juicy

Least Fav Track: Won't Bite

Score:
6.5
Decent
Sooooo much better than Amala, Doja is really here to deliver the best pop/rap songs this year, she's on her way to blow up in 2020, and I'm so fck*n here for it!!
dumbmoonlight
First of all, thanks so much for the attention given on the "MAGDALENE" review! I promise to continue publishing content worth checking out!

Second, I don't know why we're doing this. Doja Cat doesn't amuse me since I discovered her with that "Genius" video. Nevertheless, after seeing this was a pop rap release, I got interested. If you didn't know, I'm the biggest defensor of Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday" era, and "The Night is Still Young" is a jewel I ... read more
E-Girls unite
JeremiahMurphy
Doja's sophomore album is very fun and catchy but it can lack and be boring at times. Very sexual which im not complaining about but man she does bring charisma and energy to this album which i love. The record fell off for me in the second half and i think she didn't keep the same energy throughout and it got very reptetitve, But yeah its alright. Not a bad album.
76fex
music for fellow cows
MusicGod
not as bad as i thought it would be
iamnicmoore
It's unreasonable how hard this goes. This is better produced, performed, and catchier than anything Nicki, Cardi, or Meg has done recently. Hot Pink is sex appeal pop/rap done REALLY well.
Tsareena
I don't particularly like the poppier tracks on this from 'Talk Dirty' to 'Better Than Me'. Those tracks are kinda devoid of personality. 'Rules', 'Bottom Bitch' and 'Cyber Sex' are great and I wish the project was more of that.
El_Bark
Considering how much I usually hate this type of music, this is actually pretty solid. Nothing really stands but vibes well I guess
Knxckebeatz
Bottom Bitch mad catchy, Rules is flames, Streets and Say So got a nibba out here vibin

Won't Bite is mega ass tho, all other songs pretty good
OVERALL: Doja Cat is actually not just a meme. Production is insane and her singing is on point. Every song on here has a different sound and aesthetic making it solid asf. Unexpectedly good,ngl.
80/100

5. Say So 3.5/5 DECENT
6. Like That ft. Gucci Mane 4/5 ... read more
uglynik
not good,

i don't get the praise with this album.
wless
this album is home to some of the catchiest, most enjoyable pop rap this year, and doja cat's personality really shines through on most of its tracks.
ChuckActuary
Waddup Janelle Monae wannabe.

Sheet... she's not bad. Dafuq, this production is so on point.
tribecalledrake
By the time I had reached 'Bottom Bitch' I was like omg this album is terrible but surprisingly after the first 4 tracks the album becomes pretty solid. Really good production on it and the songs are fun. Wouldn't say this album is amazing or anything but its solid for the most part.
fakeredshoes
doja cat is very fapable
tullacarey
em 'hot pink', doja cat consegue transcender entre o rap para trap e chegar até o pop. o problema é que ela não conseguiu excutar isso da melhor forma possível.
em alguns momentos, o trabalho chega a ser cansativo de ouvir, porém há faixas fortes o suficiente que impede que esse álbum chegue a ser fútil. faixas essas são 'rules', 'like that', 'addiction', 'juicy' e incrível 'say so'.
dyllydyl
I was definitely not expecting Doja to go in some of the directions she did on this project - but I'm happy she did. The singles "Bottom Bitch" and "Rules" were catchy but didn't really feel like they were cohesive, but I think it's Doja's overall sassiness and word play that makes this album so good. Pleasantly surprised - and the funky tracks hit so hard.

Fav tracks: "Addicted","Say So", "Rules", "Cyber Sex"
Jebus
While a lot of the songs have a cool sound with the R&B influences, lyrically she does absolutely nothing to separate herself from other female rappers. Her voice can also be annoying at times.
pizzagrande
first album was good, what ahppened to this one? idk really know but the songs are all trash.
reaIreaIweaseI
pp hard
actually good and fucking cathy!!

Say so is the HIGHLIGHT
Collectibility: 80
Concept: 75
Content: 85
Composite score: 73

This album had great, catchy singles that celebrated female empowerment and sexuality. "Rules" catches your attention by setting sexual guidelines with fast flows and infectious rhythm. Doja Cat helps to make women feel more free by normalizing and placing power in the word "pussy." Overall, Doja Cat further proves that she is unafraid to express and assert her sexual confidence.
BonoLightier
Is this still a joke?
bielzw
O álbum soa como uma compilação de músicas genéricas e com produções repetitivas e fracas que tornam o álbum desinteressante e feito apenas como uma tentativa de charts.
edh38
her mix of old school-influenced pop and hip hop works so well always and i'm so hype to have this album. half of it is like for active listening when you wanna get hype in the car on the way to work and the other half is smooth easy listening to play in the background while you clean UGH her mind

best tracks: Bottom Bitch, Say So, Like That, Talk Dirty, Addiction, Streets, Shine
worst tracks: Cyber Sex, Won't Bite (not even bad songs just not as good)
TommyCook
The worst qualities of Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj packaged together on one project! Oh joy!

Damn, why this gotta be my 500th rating?
usukhu
This album is a great album for Doja, I haven't known her for years; but I understand everything about her music through this month. So in Hot Pink, she sang and rapped about her feelings; as she always do, & this is great. My favorite songs are "Rules", "Say So", "Juicy", "Streets" and none of the songs sound the same, this the best definition of Doja. But in the end, album has been faded out. Songs just made so weaker if we compare to the first half.
When that new Doja Cat album has an album score of 69.
SuitcaseJim
If you're looking for a fun mainstream pop rap album , then this might be for you . With so many radio friendly songs to choose from on this one , This album should stick around for a few months with the potential of chart and mainstream awards success . Sure to be a go to album the next few months for that DJ at a teenagers house party in the suburbs or Hollywood night club .
Best places to listen : Skating Rink , House party in the suburbs , Backyard gathering with friends & family , ... read more
Bad and generic
ExpandingMan
why my pee pee big
MatheDeath
Wow, This is actually good. I'm suprised.
Gustavowaves
Shine / 7
Better Than Me / 6
Juicy / 7
PeterJoe
Some tracks are catchy but most of it is pretty "meh"
Covinish
The production on this record is actually pretty good. The overall flow and lyricism, not so much. Say So, seems to be the song that breaks the mold and Smino's verse on Bite is the best verse on the album.

FKA twigs - MAGDALENE