AOTY 2019
Have a Nice Life - Science Beat
Science Beat
Beeyyaahh
Truth be told, this is the first of three released singles that I can say I thought was okay. Personally I’ve opted to be fairly mute on my criticism, but honestly? LOT & SOW were genuinely appalling to my ears, thankfully I can say this was far better in my eyes. Albeit, a little bit easy to get distracted from.

But we all know HANL isn’t exactly known to make background music. I don’t have any preset expectations for this record either, but is it wrong to expect ... read more
FYI guys: i made a singles account months ago but never announced it so go check it out! https://www.albumoftheyear.org/user/zachbyars/

As for this single, this is the most laid back and somber of the 3 they have released so far. All of these songs have been absolutely incredible and therefore I am expecting huge things from this new record. Those wailing guitars that took place during the second half of the song were really incredible, just like this song!
pristinebodies
definitely my favorite single from the upcoming album so far. it's an incredibly moody, melancholy track for the most part, with a really smooth and angelic sea of sound which Dan's vocals are submerged in, alongside gentle synth pads and and urging drum/bassline, just trying to get somewhere in the empty abyss of this song. but what makes this song truly great is the second half - this kinda 80s newwave guitar line comes in, it reminds me of something that'd be on like a Flock of Seagulls or ... read more
Single of the year
OhSinglesagain
ok im actually really hyped for this album ngl
NorthEasy
am i the only one that was really disappointed by this single bc it feels like it...
Imma be honest - Sea of worry probably going to AOTY for me and this single does nothing to change my predictions. This single is so undeniably beautiful and atmospheric. I was honestly expecting Sea of Worry to have a more post-punk sound, judging by the title track, but between this and Lords of Tresserhorn maybe Sea of Worry will be more like their older stuff.
Still, we cant know until its released (November 8th, cant wait!).
GarethA
Wow, Have a Nice Life just keeps improving. Sea of Worry's title track was pretty good, but the layered, shoegaze-esque vibe of Lords of Tresserhorn was great and this one I probably liked even more. Synth is super cool and the entire song is just staggeringly beautiful, especially near the end when the vocals really kick in. The guitar work is also fantastic, it has this great catchy 80's vibe that works really well when paired with the synth. Love this single, can't wait for November 8th!

Tame Impala - Posthumous Forgiveness