AOTY 2020
Blinding Lights
Stankysauce
I GUESS HE'S GOING SYNTHWAVE ON THIS NEW PROJECT AS WELL AND I AM READY
TheDankestMeme
I am really hyped for his new project now! Abel delivers a synthwave influenced song that just bangs really hard. While I enjoyed Heartless, it was still a little generic and there could be big improvements, but Blinding Lights just takes everything to another level of good. The vocals are way better, the production is amazing and much more unique than Heartless and the lyrics are way better. Abel seems to be taking a different route with this single and again while it's no House of Balloons, ... read more
Tielur
Thank you Abel for doing something pleasant and throwing a curve ball at me. I'm very happy with this!
Wow this new Weeknd project is looking invigorating as hell, really digging this new synth infused direction!!

If you told me at the beginning of the year that Abel and Frank Ocean would both be releasing projects by the end of the year and that I would be more interested in Abel’s I would have chuckled, but alas here we are. Excited for both records nonetheless!
Cool decision to switch up his sound, but I can't see this being a remedy to The Weeknd's long term inconsistencies.
nicoperagine
The layers on this track are insane.
RakkSingles
I wish that was longer
cause oh my that was something else
Saucelord777
The Weeknd is back baby!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Oh yeah, also this is also my 1,000th rating :P
Now, this is what I wanted. Abel reinventing himself and in a very exciting and fresh way
TomBejoy
One of the best and most replayable overplayed No.1 hits of the decade, despite being towards the end of it.

Checked all my stats on that Weeknd experience website and it turns out I've heard this one 100 times, excluding every time I heard it off Youtube, Musi, Apple Music and Amazon Music. Lol.
NZT3
Still doesn't get old
pristinebodies
meh, i'm not super impressed honestly. the synthwave vibe of this track just feels super fake and uninspired to me personally. Abel's singing is pretty great, i enjoy the vocal melodies, and while it's on its certainly enjoyable, but it's not making me really excited for this new album cycle at all. it'd probably be awesome for late-night city driving, but other than that i'm really not getting much out of it. maybe i'll check out the new album when it comes out? we'll see!
InspPlatsSingle
This is exactly what I needed from Abel! "Blinding Lights" is an exciting, colorful track with lyrics that fit so well into the aesthetic and that synthline is catchy as hell!
Salman7236
This is the best pop song he has ever made. I love everything about it. The synth-pop production, his beautiful voice, the energetic and infectious hook. I can't get this out of my head. The video was perfect too, it was exactly how this song makes you feel like. This is the perfect night drive song.
nijakiler17
I'm gonna be counting down my top ten favorite hit songs this year. to appear on this list, it has to have ended up on the billboard year end hot 100. https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2020/hot-100-songs
and i'm gonna start off with my number 11 of this year, blinding lights.

the most popular song of the year and i couldn't be happier about it. i don't think it can be argued that this is the best number one year end song of the whole century, it's not even close. naturally given all ... read more
phoenixz
This sounds like an updated 80’s banger. I love it and it makes me more exited for The Weekends upcoming project.
Jhdep
2020 foi o ano de The Weekend. Blinding Lights prova que o cantor é hoje a maior referência pop masculina que existe e que, diferente de outros cantores, consegue sair da mesmice de canções lentas de violão e entregar algo com identidade.
ivanlogon_
The production on this single is amazing and the composition is very well accomplished. Eighties style on a higher level.
JotaBrasil
Um dos poucos artistas masculinos que ainda se preocupam com a forma e o conteúdo da sua carreira dentro do pop internacional, o The Weeknd começa uma nova era da sua com o lançamento de duas canções que anunciam o que pode ser outro trunfo na carreira do cantor: Blinding Lights e Heartless.

A melhor das duas é sem nenhuma dúvida a deliciosa Blinding Lights. Claramente, um aceno vigoroso para os anos oitenta, a canção é uma ... read more
JeremiahMurphy
The Weeknds singles so far> Franks. I'm excited for this album lowkey
hiphopcritiques
2 for 2 Weeknd. 2 FOR 2!
BryanFisherman
No me pude resistir, su presentación en los VMA's fue de lo mejor en mucho tiempo
TheFingerDrop
man I had this fucking BOP at 80. wtf was I smoking. this is the best POP song of the year
JohnnyB1965
HOLY FUCK WHAT IS THIS??? Heartless sounded like a b side from Starboy. Now this... This is amazing. I never, ever thought I'd get a synthwave Weeknd song, but I need more now. His voice fits beautifully over everything, but this synthy banger serves it extra well. Weeknd back!
MrMclainy