AOTY 2020
The Weeknd - Heartless
Heartless
Dude at least drop it on a weekend
TheDankestMeme
Wow this was a surprise. After basically a year of not making solo music Abel returns with Heartless. This song while not exactly what I was expecting is still a great improvement over some of his feature this year which were all just new versions of Starboy. The production is great, Abel actually sounds passionate and interesting on the song and the lyrics are much better than what we have gotten over this years features (looking at you Lost in the Fire). Overall Abel has returned with ... read more
oh my god when he switches the melody up on the hook with the '...said I'm hearrrtLeeESS' YEAAAA
I’m actually digging the fuck out of this
Stankysauce
I have listened to this 62 times as of March 27th 2020

This is growing on me a ton

It's not one of his best but he has a great vocal performance and the beat goes pretty hard.
MrMclainy
This song is absolute pants.

Completely indistinguishable from what he’s been dropping 2016 and onward. Does he have Drake’s “yes men”? I don’t understand how you make consistently boring shit with fuck loads of money when you were making dope haunted strip club shit when all you had was 4 dollars and a Power Rangers piggy bank to your name.
pristinebodies
hook is repetitive as hell, beat is uninspired, vocals are bland, overall a less-than-stellar track from an artist i've never been a fan of. go figure.
Starr
Man said his stummy is sickly.
Tielur
Edit: what was I thinking?

Absolute shit mastering on this track
JohnnyB1965
Aight I can dig this. I could listen to the Weeknd croon over just about anything. I love his voice. This is like a more downplayed cut from Starboy as opposed to the slow, solemn ballads on Melancholy. I definitely enjoyed it, but I hope for a lot more with the upcoming album.
Nick_Whole_Ass
Very upbeat, fun, track from the Weeknd, nothing crazy new but it was a bump, hope to hear it on the radio
JotaBrasil
Um dos poucos artistas masculinos que ainda se preocupam com a forma e o conteúdo da sua carreira dentro do pop internacional, o The Weeknd começa uma nova era da sua com o lançamento de duas canções que anunciam o que pode ser outro trunfo na carreira do cantor: Blinding Lights e Heartless.

A melhor das duas é sem nenhuma dúvida a deliciosa Blinding Lights. Claramente, um aceno vigoroso para os anos oitenta, a canção é uma ... read more
HoodieBraden
I don't rate singles often but I have to make an exception here. I love this track so much. Yea that's right! Go ahead and judge me! I think this song is great. Production is superb, vocals are nothing new from Abel but they're still super clean, and the lyrics are very direct and straightforward. All this provides us with an easy-going, incredibly catchy single.
Kind of a bop
InspPlatsSingle
IS ABEL ACTUALLY SMILING?!?!?!

I'd say that I liked the direction he's taking on this cut. Abel's vocals and vocal melodies are as spot-on as always and Metro Boomin's beat is TIGHT! The lyrics aren't anything to write home about, however, and that thumping kick drum is way too loud.
iank3rr
Not amazing, but I like it.
FeelsRijoMan
Even though this has some cringe worthy lines like "I'm running through the pussy, I need a dog pound", the whole vibe of the track and that metro prod don't fail and carry the song. I'm bumping this until radios overplay this
hiphopcritiques
solid track, not even a big weeknd fan but this shit BANGS
JeremiahMurphy
Solid track, psychedelic elements a bit with a alright trap instrumental I'm liking it.
kbdenis
"The pop sensibilities of Starboy and Beauty Behind the Madness, the layered lyricism and vocal delivery of My Dear Melancholy, and the intricate production of Trilogy all combine to create “Heartless,” a hopeful leap forward for The Weeknd."

Full review: https://blackboybulletin.com/2019/11/27/track-review-the-weeknd-heartless/
KT18Singles
After listening to After Hours, this song grew on me quite a bit. It actually fits really well into After Hours, even though it's still a very generic track. I'm still not the biggest fan of the chorus, & the bridge never impressed me either. The verses of this song are easily the best part, especially the one after the first chorus. Metro Boomin's production on this track absolutely slaps, & it's honestly one of the better beats I've heard from him.
phoenixz
getting hyped
Musicreview
Solid single
Thenotoriousbig
This is tiiiight
21stcenturyschi
The track has Metro Boomin on production and beats, which as usual are great. This is nothing too crazy for Metro Boomin standards, but in my opinion, this is probably the most standout thing about the track. I do like the concept of the track, and it reminds me a lot of the whole idea behind Is This It? by the Strokes, and album which I love. From what I got out of this, is that Abel is portraying a character that is in a bad place in his life, and is using women to try to fix it. My biggest ... read more

Ichiko Aoba - アダンの風