Beatrice Dillon - Workaround
Workaround
wless
workaround is an album that i was pleasantly surprised by. it's a minimalist techno album that's really abstract and atmospheric, yet so damn consistent and full of life, even if that life is microscopic.
lemuriams
This is a great album and he"s" doesn't need anything more, just that the music is specific and it is clear that not everyone will like it.
PDaniel
Surprised at the high critic scores on this one. It's one of those albums from the seemingly endless array of electronic releases with a couple of good ideas and cool sounds. This (and most) all fail at providing that little something extra (humanity, warmth, soul, groove, danceability, etc.) needed to elevate themselves above the pack.
DareG
Listening to Workaround is like viewing a sketchbook where all the images are of a knuckle on a right thumb.There's only one track worth returning to.

Standouts: Workaround Ten

Dropouts: the rest of them
TeodoreMcgee
This could have been so much more interesting.

There was no ecstasy in any of these songs, I think what I liked was to have discovered the concept but this was not so much
exciting, but there were still some not bad moments here.

However, it is something completely forgettable that I will probably never hear again.

6/10
Musicas fav: Workaround Two; Workaround Three; Clouds Strum; Workaround Bass
guilhermepenno
It's not bad, but definitely not a masterpiece.
A light, chillouted electroacoustic IDM.

kapsberger
Electro-minimal lesson, textbooklike. Therefore very boring and sometimes embarassingly banal.

Minimalist also in inspiration.
JayCrackers
I mean this album is as interesting as the name of the tracks.

Track Review

Pause 4/10
Workaround Ten 4.5/10

Average: 4.8/10
KevinPopSlut69
Unlike other better electronic projects this year, this one couldn't keep me interested. It bored me most of the time. Perhaps I'm not the target audience for the record.
PitchforkClone
The debut from the London musician is a culmination of her eclectic journey to the vanguard of electronic music. It is a marvelous paradox: Despite the music’s rigidity, it breathes like a living thing.

Most producers in electronic music tend to work in a linear fashion: They start with a chosen style or set of ideas and move gradually forward with them, making incremental progress toward their larger vision. Not Beatrice Dillon. An unsuspecting listener presented with a half dozen of ... read more
I wanted to like this more. It is pleasant. It is a little untroubling and easy to know but I think she definitely has the potential and capacity to do something great.
SonicDiscovery
Life gets busy and sometimes it’s just necessary to find music that is instrumental, simple, chill and might not require to much focus to get into it and it’s thrilling when you find something that fits that mold, but is still going to elicit a response while listening. Workaround by South London producer Beatrice Dillon is just that type of album for me. Her brand of minimal techno has enough of a driving beat and percussion to get your head bobbing, yet is still littered with ... read more
lucacdornelles
1. Clouds Strum
NTTR
Genre: Minimal Techno
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 57% (Pleasant Album)
Yearly Ranking: 235th / 398

5/10

meh

Fav tracks: <none>
Lovdahl
Big fan of the abstract minimal techno here, I hear something new every time I relisten.
Patryk_Szumilo

14. Workaround Ten - 4.0
GabrielDiablo
Very good
rob__
this entire album sounds like the demo on a yamaha keyboard
nk21pro
I don`t get the fuzz, couldn`t even finish this thing.
Xristoula