Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia
Future Nostalgia
ilikepizza
EDIT: okay i take back what i said this is not a perfect album, dont get me wrong this is great album tho. most of the songs are just pop sample that makes u feel the nostalgia.
josecarloslopes
Favorite tracks : DON'T START NOW, PHYSICAL and PRETTY PLEASE.
I love a few songs like Hallucinate, Dont Stop Now, Physical & Future Nostalgia. But otherwise its mostly a directionless album. Moreover I really dont know what the critics are voting so high for. Mostly bots i presume.

Similar/Better album suggestion: Carly Rae's latest album is way better in terms of direction and sounds.
ktera
humanity didn't deserve this
LEo090506
Sorry It doesn't fit my feeling right now... I'm so tired to retrospective rock pop...
THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A POP ALBUM.
Meskhi
I don't wanna say its basic dance-pop but it kinda is, but its good, not as good as some of the critics say tho.
CadeGilbert
fuck it this deserves the 100

this album has been out for 24 hours at this point and i can’t stop listening to it. it’s been nonstop all day. this is gonna be an easy contender for album of the year for me

also pretty please might be my favorite song of 2020 so far
Gets a 100 for endorsing pegging
Melonade
It can be one-dimensional at times specially in the lyrics department, however, the production! it delivers on nearly every song this infectious instrumentals effectively referencing from disco to Y2K pop with strong attention to detail although the album doesn't go without a few underwhelming moments
Great
TheCheekyPanda
I enjoy “levitating” and “don’t stop now” but too much of the other stuff just blends together. I’m unsure how someone could ever connect to this album. Judging by the current ratings, this album looks like it’s going to be one of the most overrated releases of this year.
awepi
it's disco lol
some random thoughts:

future nostalgia is good except then the reharm kicks in and it sounds like complete garbage so wtf
physical is good
break my heart sounds a lot like IDKHBTFM - Do It All The Time
boys will be boys is so fucking sappy with the orchestral film score like backing track it sounds like I'm watching the ending of a really garbage kids movie where they do the whole this is the moral of the story thing eaugh. the material doesn't offend me or anything, the ... read more
scarson
I feel like I just listened to 11 different remixes of Daft Punk songs, and uh... I kinda really enjoyed it.
tribecalledrake
95/100. Incredible.
max2k
So, Dua Lipa just peaked music. I mean, this new record of hers is too tight. Lipa is a mighty expressive vocalist, and the sticky melodies carry many of these songs. But it's the extraordinary production that really makes it soar. Dance pop jams with groovy basslines, violins, disco elements- banger after banger. There are no massive missteps here; just concise, hooky, bubbly anthems. Heartbreak and power bars aplenty. It all culminates with Boys Will Be Boys, a Kesha-esque anthem, powerfully ... read more
Yes this is fantastic. The sheer number of good ideas, musical hooks, thought, and innovation that went into each track is astounding. This is a genuinely good pop album and I couldn’t be more happy with it. Some of the best tracks include Future Nostalgia, Physical, and Break My Heart.
Beautiful.
rykketid
haters gonna hate and blame it on the "bots" but this is an absolute serve.

absolutely loved this. can't deny that the carefree, youthful feel this has isn't somewhat refreshing and great. not everything has to have a deep meaning or serve some big purpose, some things are perfectly fine being cheerful and fun.

my only complaint here is that BWBB should've been replaced with either Berlin Summer or If It Aint Me, but by no means does one song take away how good FN is.
wolhears
I just feel like it's pop perfection.I don't feel this compelled to listen to Pop music often, but the production and the consistency, the revival of the disco and inability to keep the listener bored, the flawless vocals, while rebirthing a sonority that was long buried in the past makes it one of the possible AOTY for me.

Well done, Dua.
ArthurCampo
[EN/PT]

New Rules, IDGAF, Hotter Than Hell, Be The One, Blow Your Mind ... Dua Lipa's debut album yielded good hits for the year 2017. Since then, the British singer has started to gain more and more acclaim in the pop sphere. And it cannot be said that it was not deserved. In a year that pop stars "took a break", Dua Lipa took the spotlight, with an approach that is still very commercial and captivating, but with clear signs of an aesthetic commitment to her music.

The next step in ... read more
TeodoreMcgee
Lately I have been waiting so much for the albums that afterwards they end up not meeting expectations.

In this case, both satisfied and did not.

I'm going to enter 3 levels here, which I don't know why, but in my head they make sense.
Charli XCX, Dua Lipa, Selena Gomez
I don't know why but I think Dua Lipa is in the middle of the two, but unfortunately I think she is more on the side of Selana Gomez than the powerful Charli XCX.

I think the existence of the commerciality of her label is ... read more
MontanaB
I am EASILY impressed. I enjoy things that sound good and are fun. For the most part, this sounds really good and is a lot of fun.

I don't know what happened with the last two tracks, but I wish they weren't on the album. But everything else is some of the best modern Dance-Pop & Nu-Disco I can remember.
OGreene
Future Nostalgia will be an album of the year contender, mainly due to Dua Lipa’s lovely vocals, great disco inspired production, and her impressive modern approach to dance pop and disco. A great record, that I will certainly come back to throughout the year.

Favorite Tracks: Future Nostalgia, Don’t Start Now, Cool, Physical, Hallucinate, Love Again, Break My Heart, Boys Will Be Boys

Least Favorite Track: Good In Bed (the lyrics and vocals are slightly irritating)
Como prometido no nome do disco o álbum trás uma vibe dos anos 70 e 80 com muita música dançante, sem furos sendo bastante coeso e o melhor álbum lançado em 2020, nenhum álbum conseguirá superar.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia